• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova Better Shape Up

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If you look at Unova, you'll see Castelia and Nimbasa are basically connecting the entire region together. In other words, you can't really go a full circle around the region without having to hit those two cities in order to get back to the place you started, unlike in other regions where you can kinda keep going instead of hitting a dead-end.

How do you feel about Unova's shape? And if you could alter it (for example add another route to connect two locations together so you don't need to rely on Fly as much), which place would you alter it at? Would you add a Route next to Undella so that you could surf your way half-way down to somewhere near Striaton, or would you cut through the side of Black City or White Forest and walk over to Nacrene? Or maybe you'd add a few extra cities to the left to even up the region and then have a mode of transportation between there and Castelia so you really could have a sort of circle there.

Anyway share your thoughts on how you like the shape of Unova and how you'd change it. :3

Years
    I really disliked the shape of Unova. It just seemed somewhat linear and short, and I really don't like that. I prefer regions like Sinnoh in Hoenn in that they aren't completely linear and different areas connect, but not to the point where they become Kanto and everything is connected. I think being able to access parts of Eastern Isshu during the main story would have been pretty cool and access would just be permitted up to Lacunosa or Undella. It would be nice if an actual Town or Island stood where the United Tower and Liberty Garden stand and the aforementioned locations were just located "far away", since I really like island towns/cities in Pokemon Games.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Unova Better Shape Up

In Chargestone cave I'd have a patch of water with a Waterfall in it. That would take you to a secret exit of the cave and to a secret route which would have past generation Pokemon. At the end of the route it'll be the Sea, which you could surf back to Castelia. (The water in Castelia would also be Surfable)

A bridge from Black City/White Forest to a secret route above Nacrene City. :B Which would take you to the back of the museum so you could come in through the back way.

A lot more secret routes.

About the overall shape; I don't like it that much. It's to... ;-; round? You know what I mean. If you look at a region like Hoenn or Johto which requires you to move back and fourth to places. In Unova you're just constantly moving forward.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Unova's shape was really weird. Though it wasn't as weird as Johto IMO (Johto map really confused me when I was a kid).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Honestly, I would like a route straight through the Entralink, with some kind of block keeping you from going all the way through to the other side immediately. Entralink was supposed to be like Central Park, and it looks SO promising on the map, and then all you have is that itty-bitty part you can explore. Maybe have a route that leads to the Entralink, that opens up on the bottom half once you can go to the Entralink and on the top half after the game is over? I would like a nice park to walk through tbh :x

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    How do you feel about Unova's shape?
    I honestly think that it looks retarded but the shape shouldn't matter to me

And if you could alter it (for example add another route to connect two locations together so you don't need to rely on Fly as much), which place would you alter it at?
    I would put up a bridge between Nimbasa and Opleuid

Would you add a Route next to Undella so that you could surf your way half-way down to somewhere near Striaton, or would you cut through the side of Black City or White Forest and walk over to Nacrene?
    Yes I will, traveling in a circle is really annoying

:t354:TG

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
    I actually rather liked the shape of Unova. Sure, it was a little unusual compared to the other regions, and it lacked some of the free movement that came with the region of Hoenn considering a large amount of it was composed of ocean. Never the less, I did enjoy the layout of Unova, even if it was flawed.

As Toujours said, a route through the Entralink would have been a nice feature, which I would have suggested if I hadn't been beaten to it.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I didn't like the way they did this going through Castelia over & over. I think if in the 3rd game they could implament some sort of way maybe an underground or cave that lets you get there quicker because it really is a pain :/

Back