• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Blackout Bar Remains On "Route 167" Style

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

OMG IT LIVES

You know how you can get startled when you unexpectedly encounter a shiny Pokemon? The blackout bar did the same to me some minutes ago, although I wasn't nearly as elated. XD

To the point...I'm currently using the Route 167 style/skin on PokeCommunity. When I logged in today, I saw the "Stop Censorship" blackout bar above the forums, a remnant from the SOPA/PIPA protests earlier this month. It's positioned in the same place I saw it on that day as well.

I've tested my account with a few other skins/styles (such as Route 167[S-HIGHLIGHT]+[/S-HIGHLIGHT], Stand Nexus, Stunfisk'd, Nimbasa's Shining Beauty, The Johto Elite, Seeds of Platinum, Forever Standing), and I don't see any blackout bars on those. As far as I know, "Route 167" is currently the only style/skin where the problem persists. I tried logging out and back in, yet the blackout bar still remains. The blackout bar also retains its redirect to that anti-SOPA/PIPA "petition/contact your representatives" site page.

EXAMPLE IMAGE*:
    Spoiler:

That's pretty much it...I'm not seeing any button to dismiss the blackout bar like one can do with the notices, so it's just eerily hovering at the top of the forums right now. So far, site performance hasn't been visibly affected, aside from the buttons at the top-right corner being blocked by the blackout bar (on the Route 167 skin). I hope this helps, despite the problem (currently) affecting only one style...

*The white bars displayed in the image were inserted by me using Microsoft Paint, and are not part of how PokeCommunity actually looks. Those blanked-out portions are not affected.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, have you stopped censorship yet? Maybe you should try that and get back to us.

In all seriousness though, it's probably because some of the styles use different stylesheets than the rest which means the bar had to be added and removed individually from those styles. I'm sure once an admin sees this it'll be removed, lol.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Well, have you stopped censorship yet? Maybe you should try that and get back to us.

In all seriousness though, it's probably because some of the styles use different stylesheets than the rest which means the bar had to be added and removed individually from those styles. I'm sure once an admin sees this it'll be removed, lol.

Touché, Toujours. :cer_laugh:

Thanks for explaining about the stylesheets, though. In that case, I'll just wait it out, then.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Wow...
    ...You still use Internet Explorer?

I'm kidding :laugh: You can use any browser you want. I prefer Google Chrome.

Not sure if it is OK to post this, but when I see an opportunity to make a joke, I have to take it. Hope I won't get banned for this :paranoid:

I was going to do the same.. but didn't feel it was worth a click on the edit button.

Back