• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Scene Positioning Help

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    I'm sure you all can see by now how competent a scriptwriter I am. (This is sarcasm, I am a terrible scriptwriter).

I need to change the Player Pokemon's Y. It's floating 6 pixels above where I need it to be. I rather not use the altitude in Pokemon.txt, Unless that is the only way of doing it.

I also need to move the enemy trainers sprites (Not Pokemon). e.g. Leader Roxanne.

I'm trying my best to do it myself, but I can not read RGSS. It's like a blind man in a field of landmines... or maybe not.

Any help is appreciated.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2024
    Search about "@sprites["trainer"].y-=@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.height-128" and "@sprites["trainer2"].y-=@sprites["trainer2"].bitmap.height-128", change the 128 number
    For the pokémon I haven't tried, but I think that you need to search for "def pbPositionPokemonSprite(sprite,left,top)" and change the "sprite.y" value.

nniwllehctim

Perfectionist (Spelling?) xD
    Years
    Search about "@sprites["trainer"].y-=@sprites["trainer"].bitmap.height-128" and "@sprites["trainer2"].y-=@sprites["trainer2"].bitmap.height-128", change the 128 number
    For the pokémon I haven't tried, but I think that you need to search for "def pbPositionPokemonSprite(sprite,left,top)" and change the "sprite.y" value.

I wasn't able to change the Pokemon altitude. It wouldn't let me search the entire phrase, too long I guess.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2024
    I wasn't able to change the Pokemon altitude. It wouldn't let me search the entire phrase, too long I guess.
    Put only a portion of this code using control+shift+f and search for the correct ones.

nniwllehctim

Perfectionist (Spelling?) xD
    Years
    Put only a portion of this code using control+shift+f and search for the correct ones.

It's cool i figured ut out. Im learjing RGSS now snyways, I've been using RMXP for a couple years and its about time I learn to script xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    i still can't work it out...searched for the section of script you suggested and i can't find anything that works :S might just be me being stupid tbh

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2024
    i still can't work it out...searched for the section of script you suggested and i can't find anything that works :S might just be me being stupid tbh
    Try using Ctrl+Shift+F in script editor.

Back