• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The editor does not work?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2013
    Hello dear community

I do not understand the editor. Why it does not make any changes? If i set on "setmetadata" the battle background and start the game on the right map, there is still a black screen on the battle? This video illustrates exactly my problem, why do I solve this with a parallel process?

youtube.com/watch?v=IvQ6-jUNCkQ

at 3:37...

And yes, the grafics have the right names and they are in the background folder

I hope I could describe my problem clearly.

It would be nice if someone could help me there.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Hello dear community

I do not understand the editor. Why it does not make any changes? If i set on "setmetadata" the battle background and start the game on the right map, there is still a black screen on the battle? This video illustrates exactly my problem, why do I solve this with a parallel process?

youtube.com/watch?v=IvQ6-jUNCkQ

at 3:37...

And yes, the grafics have the right names and they are in the background folder

I hope I could describe my problem clearly.

It would be nice if someone could help me there.

didn't watch video but, did you compile it afterwards?

Wow, that's a 2010 version of essentials, one I didn't get maybe it was a small problem fixed in a day and you got unlucky and got that one, anyways did you update?

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    It's a problem of the editor, when you set up a battleback for, example, MAP001, this field is created:
    Code:
    battleback="0"
    0 is the number of the battleback I'm using for demonstration purposes.

This however, doesn't work. You'll need to change the line manually to:
    Code:
    battleback=0

I strongly discourage using the Editor by the way. You can edit more data when editing the PBS files manually, and if you do it correctly, the chance of errors will be slightly lower. If you need help editing the PBS files, the Wiki has detailed pages on all files in the PBS folder.

I hope this works ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2013
    It's a problem of the editor, when you set up a battleback for, example, MAP001, this field is created:
    Code:
    battleback="0"
    0 is the number of the battleback I'm using for demonstration purposes.

This however, doesn't work. You'll need to change the line manually to:
    Code:
    battleback=0
    I strongly discourage using the Editor by the way. You can edit more data when editing the PBS files manually, and if you do it correctly, the chance of errors will be slightly lower. If you need help editing the PBS files, the Wiki has detailed pages on all files in the PBS folder.

I hope this works ;)

Thanks for your help. That was the error. lol, many tutorials explains that you should work with the editor, but I will follow your council and work more with the PBS file.

Back