• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

De'co Muna Donto (T)

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
  • Story:
    Deep under the Pacific Ocean is a extremely large cavern. The cavern is unique, it is full of air and is brimming with life. Plants, Pokemon and even animals you would normally find on the surface, somehow got there and flourished. They thrive off the light that comes through deep holes that riddle the ceiling. The lights simulate the sky as the lights go on or off, becoming bright or dim depending on the time of day. Through one of these holes (known as the rainbow faucet) comes fresh water, this creates a waterfall and a river. The river flows into a crevasse along the south end of the cavern. In the east the ocean water flows up to an extent into the cave creating a small pool and a sandy beach along it. To the west is a small forest that extends a bit to the north.

To the east of the river, in the center of the cavern, a village named De'co resides that survives without any help from the outside. It's a fairly normal farming based village, except for the fact it's underwater. The population is around the six hundred mark but even with that amount of people the cavern is still large enough to carry six hundred more. The technology that is there is pretty much the same as the kind you would find normally in the Pokemon world though a bit out of date. The people that reside there know very little of the outside world except that it's exists and what they've learned from the few books they have that were not made in the village. They have had no contact with the outside world for several generations, they do not know why. Despite this the village is sort of a paradise, or at least it seemed to be until a few months back.

There has been some anxiety and panic that has started to emerge with the citizens there. The beach area is starting to be consumed by water as the ocean pool is becoming higher. The light coming in from above has started to becoming dimmer to the point that it seems like it's been winter for the last five months. The De'co council (that runs the village) have been discussing the matter and have had people do extensive research on what's going on. They have decided to wait it out a bit and see what will happen.

Many of the citizens are unhappy with that decision and almost went on a riot when they heard that (they only didn't because the leader of the council, Marcell, convince them that it wouldn't do them any good). After which, the few that agreed with this plan went about their lives as usual. Most of those who didn't agreed started making air tight shelters underground and stocking up on provisions. However, there were a few that felt that both of these directions were the wrong way to go. So, one of these people (Miles Canter) decided to make a secret meeting about what they should do.

You arrive in the basement of this Miles guy's house. You came there for whatever reason and are now sitting on one of his couches or fold out chairs and you along with everybody else, are waiting for him to start.

"My fellow citizens." Miles begins, standing in a plaid shirt, messy black hair, and denim jeans. "I would like to first thank you for coming, I know it's a bit of a risk considering we might have to talk about breaking some laws in the is meeting, but it's worth discussing if it means we get to live."

A murmur goes through out the crowd at the mention of breaking the rules.

"Standing around or building a shelter may not be enough to save us so, we have to come up with a plan." He pulls up stool next to him and sits on it. "So, does anybody have any ideas?"

Rules:
    1. No breaking the rules of the forum:
    This kind of goes without saying.

2. No GOD moulding:
    Let me just clarify what that is. Of course, this means that your Pokémon must not be super awesome and able to beat anything, but this also means some other things. If you're in a cage, you can't just find a key on the ground and get out. If you find a locked chest, you can't just open it. You have to be crafty with your solutions to problems and you have to run it by me to see if it will work too. Also, no controlling other people's characters. I know it also goes without saying but people have done this before so I have to make it clear.

3. Battling aspects:
    Battling is used in normal written Pokémon RPG fashion. If you come up with a good strategy you are more likely to win a fight then if you just make your Pokémon use the same attack over and over again. You can order your Pokémon to dodge but that doesn't mean they will dodge every attack. Unless, your Pokémon is using Double Team or something, only four out of five attacks you use should hit (less if the attack has a low accuracy). This is turned based so no using two attacks in a row (unless, of course, you're using quick attack or something). Lastly, I will inform you if a Pokemon faints or not, don't say your Pokemon has won when it hasn't yet.

4. NPCs and Pokémon:
    Most of the time I will be playing the role of other characters this means NPCs and wild Pokémon. If you have an NPC you want to in the story or if you've caught a wild Pokemon you can control their actions but you have to fill in a sign-up sheet for them. The sign-up sheet for NPCs is the same as the regular sign-up sheet minus the goal and the sign-up sheet for the wild Pokemon is the same as the Pokemon sign-up sheet minus the history (and, of course, the optional stuff is optional).

5. Give notice:
    If you leave please inform me. If you do not contribute to the RPG with in the span of two weeks I will write your character out of the story.

6. Have fun:
    That's all the rules for now, if I think there needs to be more I'll add them.

Sign-Up Sheet:
    Name: (This is my grandson, erm, what is his name again?)
    *Personality: (Character Development!)
    *History: (This is just here if you feel like doing this.)
    Appearance: (What do you look like? You can give a sprite picture but a description is preferred. You don't have to be very descriptive by the way.)
    Goal: (This is very important. This is for when you get stuck and you don't know what you wanna do. Don't make it generic like "I wanna become a Pokemon Master!" or something like that, we're all here for the purposes of raising Pokemon. you need to have an ulterior motive. More instance, your character wants to be a writer or your character just wants to protect their family. Something like that.)
    * this means that filling this in is optional. I recommend to fill these out in your head rather then in the sign-up but which ever is best for you.

Pokemon:
    You can pick one of these Pokemon as a starter:

Pokemon found in town:
    Poochyena
    Skitty
    Zigzagoon
    Taillow
    Zangoose
    Electrike
    Plusle
    Minun
    Magnemite
    Voltorb
    Pikachu
    Gulpin
    Grimer
    Koffing
    Jigglypuff

Pokemon found in the forest:
    Wurmple
    Seedot
    Shroomish
    Slakoth
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Roselia
    Pinsir
    Heracross

Pokemon found around edge of the cavern:
    Zubat
    Abra
    Geodude
    Machop
    Meditite
    Makuhita
    Nosepass
    Sableye
    Lunatone

Pokemon found at the beach:
    Wingull
    Magikarp
    Tentacool
    Horsea
    Staryu
    Corsola
    Chinchou
    Carvanha
    Luvdisc
    Wailmer
    Lileep
    Anorith
    Spheal
    Clamperl
    Relicanth

Only one of each Pokemon to a player.

*Nickname: (If you want to.)
    Species: (Again, pick one of the above.)
    *Personality: (This won't count as it's nature but may contribute to what it's nature ends up being.)
    *History: (This is the history of how you received this Pokemon, whether as a gift or you found it in the wild. This is why I included the location of where the Pokemon are found above.)
    *Description: (If there is some special mark on the Pokemon, or maybe they have some sort of lock of fur. Something like that.)

Okay, that's it. Start rping.

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Hey, I'd like to sign up.

Name: Jack 'Leftie' Jones
    Appearance: Tall, somewhat imposing. Carries weapons on his back in case caught without his pokemon(sword and Shield), has a green hat like link and wears a green tunic with hidden chain-mail underneath. Very strong but doesn't look it. Has a long scar down his back. Tan in colour and wears glasses (bright green), has one red eye with 3 black comma shaped spots on 1 circle that surrounds the inner eye and one sea green eye with flecks of yellow.
    Goal: To help protect his family and find his half brother who 'died' 3 years ago
    Personality: Ludicrously high IQ and an intelligence to match, doesn't talk much but rather speaks through his actions. Quiet but very passionate, he will do anything for the cause he believes in.
    History: CBA right now, do it later
    Will enter history and personality if accepted, requested or required

Pokemon: Pikachu
    Nickname : Rightie
    Personality: Jokey, fun to be around, serious at times. Very brave and somewhat bold.
    History: Found in town, injured. Taken in.
    Description: eyes like Lefties but reversed sides,Red eye is Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyo, wears everything that Leftie wears but in black.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Name: Jack tundra
    Appearance: somewhat short for his age medium black hair with blue eyes, wears sunglasses and a blue shirt with genes
    personality: Smart generally helpful unless he doesnt like you
    Goal: to get out of the cave into the world above and return his partner to it's family

I'll enter history if you want I just was too lazy to think of one :P

Pokemon: Wailmed
    Nickname: none
    Personality: generally jolly and playful unless reminded of "the incident" via some mean
    History: caught in a whirl pool and sucked away from it's pod and left injured on the beach near the village, jack rescued the pokemon and used his knowledge of the healing herbs grown in the village to heal it , they've been partners ever since
    Description: a smaller than average wailmer that has a scar on it's right flipper which it gained while going through the whirl pool

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • cool, thanks. Will update wen i have time

Notice the reference to Ocarina of time in my pokemon and character, yey character design plaguerism!(well, not really)

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Okay, that's two people who have signed up. As soon as a third signs up we'll start.

@pokeman10000 I didn't even notice you made that reference (mostly because I've never played that game). Though, I think you made a Naruto reference if I'm not mistaken.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • correct, and LK rules!

my character is Link with a sharingan and Pikachu is Dark link with a Mangekyo

also, can we be two characters? if so, will create new one and make them twins.

Raveness

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    Name: Kat (katniss, lol i know)
    *Personality: kat is usually easy going and very amiable, but sometimes she can get mean. She is a little nervous, fidgety, and quiet. She is protective, smart, but not very strong.
    *History: Kat was raised in the village by her mother and grandparents because, as a young child because her father died and her mother couldn't find work to pay for food. Kat's grandparents helped her mother in those desperate times. Katniss has grown up to be a smart self-reliant young girl!
    Appearance: Kat has short dirty blonde hair, she usually keeps in a pony tale. She wears a white tank top, ripped jean shorts. her sneakers are black with green soles!
    Goal: her goal is to find her tattered family a new safe home, above ground!
    Pokemon:poochyena

Last edited:

Black Hawk

Char
    Years
  • Resrve means to save a spot for me
    Name: Nova
    *Personality: Nova is kind, but don't let that fool you! She is feisty! She sometimes overreacts to small situations. Nova overlooks the answeres for problems, but never ceases to see the beauty of nature.
    *History: when Nova was born, her farm was running out of business. Her mother and father were extremely poor. Luckily, when she got older, she was able to save the farm by working 24/7.
    Appearance: (What do you look like? You can give a sprite picture but a description is preferred. You don't have to be very descriptive by the way.)
    Goal: (This is very important. This is for when you get stuck and you don't know what you wanna do. Don't make it generic like "I wanna become a Pokemon Master!" or something like that, we're all here for the purposes of raising Pokemon. you need to have an ulterior motive. More instance, your character wants to be a writer or your character just wants to protect their family. Something like that.)
    * this means that filling this in is optional. I recommend to fill these out in your head rather then in the sign-up but which ever is best for you.

Last edited:

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
    Years
  • Name: Amaterasu (Ama) Mizsuki
    Personality: Amaterasu is very shy around others, she doesn't talk as much and is very insecure about new people. She has a great fear of abandonment due to her parents leaving her an orphan at a young age.
    History: Amaterasu was left an orphan at a young age, she was born deaf and can't hear but her father taught her to read lips, though due to being deaf she can not speak but inherited the psychic ability to talk with her mind from her mother who was the same way. When Amaterasu turned 5 her parents both died in an accident leaving her all alone with only her Horsea Neptune.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Goal: Amaterasu's goal is to find a family who loves her

Nickname: Neptune
    Species: Horsea
    Personality: Very sweet to others, but extremely protective of his trainer.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Yeah, you can make a second character pokeman. Just follow rule #4.
    Oh and btw, before we start this thing. Please, make sure you have a reason set in your head why your character looks the way he does. You don't have to write it down just have a reason in your head in case it comes up during the rpg. Also, don't make the reason your character is like that because he actually has the sharingan or some other reason that wouldn't make sense in a rpg that is set in the Pokemon world. I know you probably already know that but I just want to make things clear.

Any ways, Raveness, great sign-up. It's just, the history contradicts with the established story. I think this is my fault mostly. I don't think I made it clear enough that this village has had no contact from the outside world for several generations. I'll fix the story to reflect that, in the mean time, um, please alter your story. Sorry.

Black Hawk, I don't know what you mean by reserve. There is no limit of spots. I guess there is sort of a limit when we run out of starters but you didn't even pick one.

In closing, we'll start soon people. Just need to get this stuff straighten out then we'll begin.

Edit: プリンセスサファイア you are accepted.

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • kl, also, do we have pokeballs or do our pokemon folow us around?

edit: are we allowed to give our pokemon/person special powers i.e to see into the future in battle(sorry, but Xenoblade rules!)

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • That depends on what you (or rather what your character) wants. If your Pokemon are outside or inside is your choice (heck, you can even have your Pokemon refuse to be in it's Pokeball like Ash's Pikachu if you want).

Your character or Pokemon can have a power but only one, and it has to be a power that has been established people or Pokemon in the Pokemon universe can have. Also, no more then two people can have the same power.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • That depends on what you (or rather what your character) wants. If your Pokemon are outside or inside is your choice (heck, you can even have your Pokemon refuse to be in it's Pokeball like Ash's Pikachu if you want).

Your character or Pokemon can have a power but only one, and it has to be a power that has been established people or Pokemon in the Pokemon universe can have. Also, no more then two people can have the same power.

ok, so can my Pikachu have the ability to to copy an opponents move(i know it's a bit like sharingan, but i dont want to get rid of a good move for something like me first) and can 'Leftie' be able to see, let's say, 1 minute ahead of time in battle?

also, when do we start, just so that i can let people know in my other roleplay that I will be posting less often so they shouldn't write me out of the story

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Your Pikachu can only have one of those abilities. And the first thing you described sounds kind of like the move Mimic or Copycat so, if you're going to go that route you might as well just say your Pikachu happens to know Mimic or Copycat (which would still count as a special ability). As for seeing one minute ahead in battle, maybe. Not a minute though, make it like, thirteen seconds and also make it difficult to use otherwise it'll make him too overpowered.

We will start when Raveness and Black Hawk fix their sign-ups. If they don't within a week we'll start without them but I really don't want to start until they're ready.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • thanks, intended on 30s anyway. will do history now, will make it happen during bossfights or when pikachu is really low on health i.e about to die

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Thanks Raveness. Sorry again for having to ask you to change it.

I guess you guys can start now if you want to. Oh, remember, this is starting after Miles asks what idea everybody has. Annnnnd, action!

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie stared, and pondered this question. What CAN we do to help?
    "I think... I think, given that none of us here wield any sort of influence we cannot influence the elders directly. But... there is a possibility... If we can convince the villagers to do the previously unthinkable and EVACUATE to the surface, then... just maybe we can save ourselves..." He sat deep in thought, and looked up at the other faces around the room, "There are 7 of us, that is little over one hundredth of the population and, yes..." He paused for a moment, "Yes... that might just work..." he sat silently for a few seconds, then noticed all of the faces that were staring at him. "Crap, did I say that out loud?" he asked, scratching his head. "Well, what I was about to say is, a Pokemon revolution." They stared at him, clearly having no idea what he was talking about. "what I mean is, this little guy-" silently, a Pikachu in clad black dropped down from the ceiling, surprising everyone, "-can cause the other Pokemon to rebel and refuse to take our orders unless their demand are met, the demand being evacuation to the surface! I would be the 'translator', Rightie over here would just have to convince the others that it it for the best, and trust me. That is something he can definitely do.".

Last edited:

Raveness

Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]"..." Kat sat quiet for a wile thinking hard. Since her mother had remarried, and had a child a couple years ago, she coulden't bear the thought of leaving them. Even though Katie was her half sister, kat loved her more than anything! "I-I'm ok with it... Oh can poochyana help, he is great al ralling people and Pokemon!" she looked around the room watching for what people thauoght," if that doesn't work we could, uh, ummm, oh! We could send a scout team to the surface, bring back a couple plants, to sho that it is thriving, and convince the elders to save the village!!!!!!!"[/SIZE]

Back