• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erm... Just an idea...

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Uh..... *clears voice*

I'm not very good at explaining things, but I got reminded to post it here from a thread I have seen in the Pokemon GB section about a Tournament:

What I have suggested on another forum is that we might set up a new section, possibly within the gaming section, which is called Online Gaming.
    This would be to discuss about Online games like Counterstrike, Unreal, Quake or even MMORPGs like DAoC or Final Phantasy blah blah blah... xD
    Then, there is a subsession, which I believe is the most innovative, called Tournaments.
    This is where members (or mods, according to the rules u wanna set) organise tournaments! First you decide the game (NetBattle, ZSNES, CS etc.) Then you register members and decide date, time, where to meet etc. And then after you post the scores as the battles go on in a separate thread!

I don't know if I explained it well, but do you get what I mean?

And I have already posted this idea on another forum and it was a success, even though there were not many members on the forum in general. then we have this section on another forum i'm part of, and its one of the most popular sections.

I can tell you - IT'S FUN! xD!

Please tell me what you all think about this... ^_^

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    It sounds cool and all, but as far as I know we don't allow ROMs in PC and as I can remember some of those games ar played via emulators and may require ROMs.
    I like the idea, but i think it is going to get rejected due to that fact unless there is another way of playing w/o ROMs.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    DOH! PC DOESN'T ALLOW ROMS!?!? That's sad --;

Well then I don't think it would be a great success, unless only games as Counter-Strike and NetBattle are played...

By the way, why doesn't PC allow ROMs? I believe they do allow hacks don't they? o.O'

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Well its in the rules. *points below*
    ROMs of any game, Pok?mon or not, are prohibited. This is gone into greater detail in the ROMs section. Please also avoid warez discussion or trading.

It states that we can't post links to ROMs or trade them here. hacks are not really ROMs since we don't provide the actual ROM we just provide a patch that can be patched into a ROM, but we don't gove ROMs out, if people want to play a hack they will have to get themselves the ROM, but since thats outside of PC it doesn't apply here. We just simply follow the rules.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    xD!!! That's hypcrisy!!! O.O; Giving the hack... but not giving the rom! xD!

Ok, then in the tournament section we can just say the name of the game, and its up to others to decide where to get it etc... it's still hypocrisy! xD!!

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    As I said, I don't make the rules. I just follow them.
    Well Im pretty much out of thoughts, so Ill just leave it to an admin to decide. And we discuss hacks, we don't actually post ROMs.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    So would it be ok if I simply discuss about a SNES game but I don't link anything to people? xD
    I wouldn't be posting links + i wouldn't be talking about 'emulators', just the game :P

We could all make a big chat on MSN and decide everything there without taboos!
    Is that against the rules?? *waits for admin* o.O'

EDIT: Yay! I received bad rep by an unknown dude on my first post! -.-'

If bad rep is used this way, it would simply discourage people on making suggestions -.-'

It won't discourage me though, and please, at least have the courage to show who you are, not simply giving bad rep and not even adding a comment... ?_?

Thank you.

Now you can even close this if my suggestion is that stupid to deserve bad rep ?_?

Last edited:

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Hmm..Your idea might not work here as It's Dependent on MSN a bit.It's upto the Admins I know but this kinda Idea was asked before and Steve gave a no.(I think)..
    But Lets see now.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I'm all for it, except for one thing. Random newbies will probably start asking where they can get the games that you're organising tournaments for. o_x;;

ROMs aren't allowed on PC because they're actually quite illegal. If someone was to download ROMs from PC, and they were caught by game companies, they could hold PC liable for the charges. So, yeah. o_<;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Ya, we couldn't use roms ^^;
    Arranging netbattles for online games would be cool though ^^

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Indeed it would... the only problem with that is that PC would probably need its own server. Don't want newbies going on to a server and being banned because the owners felt like it. x__X; (And nope, I wasn't a newbie when that happened. I was banned for standing up against a flamer. >___>)

Years
    It sounds good, but i don't think our gaming section is quite large enough yet.Possibly if it grows.Great idea though.But then again this could help make the forum grow, and it would be cool.Maybe if we get steve in here lol.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Digital Phoenix said:
    I'm all for it, except for one thing. Random newbies will probably start asking where they can get the games that you're organising tournaments for. o_x;;

ROMs aren't allowed on PC because they're actually quite illegal. If someone was to download ROMs from PC, and they were caught by game companies, they could hold PC liable for the charges. So, yeah. o_<;
    Yepp, i understand...

Though, ROMs aren't totally illegal: In most of the ROMs sites there is a notice which tells you that you have to delete the games after a certain period of time. If you do so, you won't be against the law, but if you do otherwise, then its your choice.
    Also, if you have the real game and console you are legally allowed to download the ROM if you want to play it onto your computer. Therefore, its the individual person's liability if they don't have the game and still download it without deleting it.

I believe if ROMs were totally ILLEGAL, all those well-known ROMs websites wouldn't exist. The well known ROMs websites respect the laws' requirements and usually have disclaimers which tell you the terms & conditions in downloading ROMs.

So I don't really think the liability would be of PC if talking about ROMs indirectly...

Oh and by the way, thanks to people who appreciated my idea ^_^

Years
    NiNGi said:
    DOH! PC DOESN'T ALLOW ROMS!?!? That's sad --;

Well then I don't think it would be a great success, unless only games as Counter-Strike and NetBattle are played...

By the way, why doesn't PC allow ROMs? I believe they do allow hacks don't they? o.O'
    Roms havent been allowed since Feb '04 :( :( :(

Years
    ohoohoh i like this ideaXpbutt what if the people care for his own rom and emulator:/and that only that forum where organizing netbattles gamespy etc.that isn't illegal right o.o

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Oh i didn't mean that PC would host online games ^^; i just meant that arrangements to battle others in online battle sites could be made here ^^

Back