• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erm... Just an idea...

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Yepp, let me explain again:

What I am suggesting is that there could be a section of the Gaming section which is called Online gaming. Then this should have a sub-session called Tournaments.
    In this section Online games can be arranged on a thread and on another thread we can post the results. No linking ROMs, no links to Emulators. As I previously said it is then the persons' responsibility on downloading ROMs sensibly and respecting the rules. PC has no liability for that (to make sure, a disclaimer would be cool I believe).
    Then again, if the person wants the ROM he/she/it can 'personally' contact the person on MSN to give him the ROM or Emulator etc.

No liability for PC. Nothing to do with PC. And then again, as I said above, ROMs ARE legal if you download them following the terms & conditions set appropriately. It is then the individual's choice on whether to respect the regulations or not.

Years
    yea thats it:Dor if dom't wanna play a rom but unreal demo or something than you can give a link to it thats legal:)

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    And then we can meet on MSN and talk about it while battles take place...

Anyways, sorry to disturb but this thread got ignored by higher staff (except Claire) and I haven't received a clear answer yet... ^_^ Would any higher staff be kind enough to at least say their point of view and how likely its implementation could be? ^^;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I admit, I've only been avoiding this because I'm not too sure as to how this would work. I'm not the greatest when it comes to online gaming, or ROMs, for that matter. o.o;

So... is this how it would work? (Please, correct me wherever I'm wrong.) There's a subforum just for online gaming, which would be stuff like FFXI or games for X-Box Live and that stuff. Then there's another subforum inside that in which we organize and basically hold tournaments on these games and on other games like NetBattle. o_O Is that it?

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not sure all of us understand. XD;

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    Lightning said:
    I admit, I've only been avoiding this because I'm not too sure as to how this would work. I'm not the greatest when it comes to online gaming, or ROMs, for that matter. o.o;

So... is this how it would work? (Please, correct me wherever I'm wrong.) There's a subforum just for online gaming, which would be stuff like FFXI or games for X-Box Live and that stuff. Then there's another subforum inside that in which we organize and basically hold tournaments on these games and on other games like NetBattle. o_O Is that it?

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not sure all of us understand. XD;
    Yeah, that's it!! ^^

Sorry if I may have confused things but I said it already I'm not good at exlpaining :P
    Well, but yeah, that's the idea. And regarding ROMs, since they're not allowed, we can simply vote for a game, but we won't provide the link etc.

As with hacks, they can give the hack, but not the ROM xD! Kind of hypocrit, but that's how it works :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, I'm not sure how popular online gaming is at PC but... it could be worth a try. I know I've seen a few posts about creating teams or parties (or whatever you do XD) of PC members on online servers and such. So... I guess we could always give it a try. ^_^;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    What do other higher staff think about this idea? ^^; it's been a while

Back