• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ledge help

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Hey, I don't know what number of Essentials we are using, but it seems we can jump both ways on ledges. so i have something wrong, or is it scripted that way?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've been changing the tilesets. Have a look at the ones that come with Essentials, and see which of the 4-way passages each ledge tile allows (hint: the only arrow should be the one pointing at the top of the ledge).

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You've got your arrows backwards. They should point towards the top of the ledge, i.e. where you come from. You've currently got them pointing at the bottom of the ledge, i.e. where you end up.

Also, all that jumping around... Were you holding Ctrl? I noticed you were phasing through some trees. Don't hold Ctrl and see what happens.

The ledge terrain tag means "you jump over me", and that happens regardless of debug mode or not. The 4-dir passability means "you can only enter me from the sides with arrows pointing at them (i.e. arrow pointing north means you can step southwards from the north onto the tile).

If you'd looked at the tilesets that come with Essentials as suggested, you'd see how they were set up.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • You've got your arrows backwards. They should point towards the top of the ledge, i.e. where you come from. You've currently got them pointing at the bottom of the ledge, i.e. where you end up.

Also, all that jumping around... Were you holding Ctrl? I noticed you were phasing through some trees. Don't hold Ctrl and see what happens.

The ledge terrain tag means "you jump over me", and that happens regardless of debug mode or not. The 4-dir passability means "you can only enter me from the sides with arrows pointing at them (i.e. arrow pointing north means you can step southwards from the north onto the tile).

If you'd looked at the tilesets that come with Essentials as suggested, you'd see how they were set up.

Well, after looking at the ones included, i realized all the errors with them. i changed them to be correct, but it still does it

-EDIT-

aparently you need to have something on the 3rd layer above them. the one piece of the tree over it seemed to work fine, so iput another ledge over it, and it works just fine now. //confused

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    aparently you need to have something on the 3rd layer above them. the one piece of the tree over it seemed to work fine, so iput another ledge over it, and it works just fine now. //confused
    That's not true. The ledges in the example maps work just fine. Maybe you're not mapping properly (maybe you filled in a higher layer with a graphicless tile, rather than the blank tile which is at the top left of every tileset).

Back