• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The VS Profiles...

Years
  • How do you use them? I want to implement them with all my boss trainers, but I'm not sure how to make the VS sequence even happen when I talk to them... Probably a stupid question x.x

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The Vs. animation depends on the trainer type of the enemy trainer. So long as the appropriate graphics exist in the folder Graphics/Transitions, it'll play automatically.

The required graphics are vsBarX.png and vsTrainerX.png, where X is the enemy trainer's trainer type. It does not check for any other graphics it uses, including the player's graphics (which also use the trainer type), but they already exist in Essentials - you may just want to replace some of them.

Years
  • The Vs. animation depends on the trainer type of the enemy trainer. So long as the appropriate graphics exist in the folder Graphics/Transitions, it'll play automatically.

The required graphics are vsBarX.png and vsTrainerX.png, where X is the enemy trainer's trainer type. It does not check for any other graphics it uses, including the player's graphics (which also use the trainer type), but they already exist in Essentials - you may just want to replace some of them.

Thank you very much! I need to do it for my admins in my game :)

Years
  • The Vs. animation depends on the trainer type of the enemy trainer. So long as the appropriate graphics exist in the folder Graphics/Transitions, it'll play automatically.

Is there anyway to make this work for a pre-determined wild battle? Such as a battle with an event Pokémon like Dialga or Mewtwo?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Have a look at how the Vs. animation works, copy, paste, edit.

Back