• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #30 - Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #30 - Scratch
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Approved by: Logiedan
    Medal System activated

Theme: Better Feng-Shui

random_tiles__3_by_logiedant_t-d5cwxpo.png

To break out of some regular Pokemon spriting, this week is going to be regarding tiles! It may be insane for some thinking that it's going to take a whole week just for 3 tiles, but I'd like to see some people try and learn. This week's task is to sprite 3 different types of furniture as tiles. It can vary from being a desk, a couch, bookcase, a bean bag chair, etc. (there are millions of possiblities!) Make sure to be creative and flesh out the details, a regular old brown bookcase might not get you far; you can make a bookcase and change the shape!

A rule in tile spriting is that each square tile must be 16x16. So the canvas should be of a large 16x16 sheet or canvas.

Omits & Cases:
    In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No omits during this week
    Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work; original designs and concepts.
    • Please specify which image is your final.
    • You must PM your entry to Logiedan. DO NOT post your entry here. Voting will be done by polls the following week.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Unrestricted. Must be a 16x16 multiplied canvas to fit all sprites together.
    • Palette Requirements: 48 colours in total.
    • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR & usually not associated with furniture tiles)
    • Animation: None
    • Other: N/A
    Deadline:
    Sunday May 26th 2013 @ 11:59 PM PST

This thread is open for discussion of the theme and WPC in general. Good luck.​

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    One of the best ideas so far. WPC is really flourishing into the Pixel Categories, and this is a most innovative step. I'm not saying this cuz I'm good at tile spriting, in fact I'm one of the worst. But this REALLY encourages a fellow spriter to tile, especially with the wide topic of just furniture. Furniture can be very different so I'm guessing more people will participate, and since there are not many tile gurus around I guess this is a fair contest ;).

I'll try to hop one up.

Years
  • Golurk,

Here is a blank canvas resource for yourself and other participants:

blanko.png

You can simple copy and paste the 16x16 squares if you need to increase the template.
    Let me know if that helps.

Ppooookkkkkkk,

I am pretty sure only furniture is allowed. Though, there are so many possibilities within this category. Like in the example, there are televisions, which are in this sense furnishings to add to a room. Essentially, most structures, objects, and decor aside from the exterior architecture itself, would be accepted as furniture.

Vegetunks937

The Superior Fusion
    Years
  • Thanks Fenneking, i will be using that only for my and i would send that today only or by tomorrow.

Should we provide some information or just the names what we set for our items.

Last edited:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
    Years
  • I have Been doing the WPC for the last few ones, but I think I'll pass on this one, I have no idea how to do tiles anyway.

Years
  • @★Hoenn★
    Thanks for sticking around for awhile! I hope I'll see your entry.

@ppooookkkkkkk
    Yes, only furniture in buildings. No grass tiles, trees, lampposts, etc. What Fenneking said.

@GolurkIsDaBomb
    Fenneking has the right idea. Just multiply the 16x16 squares in that checkered pattern and start spriting in your sprites. Remember there are different styles of tile sprites that also include resolution. A good example is the large style masterfully executed by SirAquakip on deviantART.

@Fenneking
    Thanks for helpin' out and clarifying things.

@Vegetunks937
    Everyone should specify which furniture is what. Linking to reference images is also appreciated and if the furniture is a complex design, you can add a description for it.

@ShadowMirror
    I encourage you to participate as several tutorials can be easily found and searched on deviantART, however I can't force you so if you choose to not participate then that's completely fine. Maybe next WPC!

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
  • Just a quick question, would things such as the Red Tent from R/S/E count as furniture? I have an idea on what I want to do, so yeah.

Years
  • No, that doesn't count as furniture. Think of something relatively large or small enough that can fit in a room in a building.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    #sententryandiknowit

Yus guys I workled up a three furniture thingy, you can't miss it (cuzof the bad qualitie)

#ihopetheothershaveactuallydonesomething

GL, guys.

Years
  • I'm actually finishing up finals this week so that's why I've been inactive lately. I'll have to extend the deadline, but we'll be back in business soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back