• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change the position of your Pokémon in battle?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
  • Really nooby question, but in the new version of essentials I just don't seem to be able to find where I change the coordinates for the player's Pokémon in the ActualScene script.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    That's because I thought, you should use the PBS file... But don't quote me on that

thor348

That's Oak to You
    Years
  • Edit this script in the ActualScene around line 957:

Spoiler:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    This has been asked before. The answer is still the same: in many places.

A Pokémon's sprite in battle is an instances of the class PokemonBattlerSprite. Find what those instances are called, and have a look for code which defines/modifies their x and y coordinates. For y-coordinates, have a gander at the top of the script section PokemonSprite (that's the simple one; x is in several places depending on the kind of battle).

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Edit this script in the ActualScene around line 957:

Spoiler:
    That's the problem I had. I found that part and edited it, but it didn't do anything.

@Maruno: I found that part and edited every y value one by one. None of them did anything. It just doesn't make sense.

Back