• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I've only been hacking ROMs for a few months...

Leaf Dragon

Leaf Dragon
Years
  • Hello everyone,

I have carefully inspected this site and it's tutorials, learning much in the process. Although ROM hacking is still somewhat foriegn to me, I am an adequate scripter (I can write scripts for most things, and what I do not now I modify from scripts that are already in the game), graphics editor, pixel artist and anything else that will be necessary for me to swiftly finish my hack of Pokemon Ruby.

If someone would like assistance on their project(s) I am willing to help.

Years
  • Welcome to PC, Leaf Dragon! Can I steal your username? xD; It's amazing!

Glad to hear you've already looked over all of our hacking resources. There are quite a lot here in our Emulation & ROM Hacking board, yes, and I've seen a lot of aspiring hackers use them to get their games off the ground. They're wonderful! Seen a good bit of confused new hackers as well though, and it really makes me wish I had the knowledge to help them out. :( It's pretty great that you already know so much after only being a hacker for a few months; from the looks of things you might just evolve into a really adept hacker in the near future. As there are so many available resources some people might get a little overwhelmed, but you've already learned all sorts of things. Be sure to keep working on your Ruby hack! Let me know through my profile on your progress.. I'm interested in seeing where you go with it. Hacks are great and finding new ones to play is always pretty fun. I wouldn't have even found out about PokeCommunity as early as I did if it weren't for Shiny Gold, haha. Since you're so willing to help out I'm sure you'd find an awesome team to join in our Team Discussions board, too!

And oooh, you do pixel art too? Would you be interested in sharing your pixel art library with us in our Pixel Art board? :) There are hackers who display their fakedexes over there and many of them are very talented. You can get feedback and support too, making it a great place for a pixel artist to stop by! Since there is quite a lot to do outside hacking, I hope you'll consider poking around other parts of the forum as I'd love to see you around. Pretty sure we all would since we're a friendly little (well, big) bunch here on the forum.

Hope your hacking journey goes well and you enjoy this place as much as the rest of us! Maybe you can drop by the X & Y board if you're interested in the coming sixth generation. Pretty exciting to see what'll become of hacking when those games roll around, isn't it?

Have fun and great meeting you, Leaf! n~n

Back