• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Format Rotation for 2013-2014

Years
Okay, so I'm a bit late on this, but a month ago the official format rotation was announced, along with hints that a new BW-on format will be created late in the 2013-2014 competitive season: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_2014_format_rotation-2013-07-16/

So, what does everyone think of this rotation? Good? Bad? Awful? Pointless?

And is anyone else enticed by the promise of an extended format being created late next season?

I'll post my thoughts after I see a few replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Out with the old, in with the new, right? I think it's good, especially with the more Dragon type cards. Why wouldn't the initial BW sets be available in this rotation if they will be in the next one? Looks like everyone who bought Happy Meals a while back can still make use of their cards.

Years
Next Destinies and onwards, eh? Not too shabby. I was worried my deck wouldn't be legal anymore but it seems that isn't the case. -phew-

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Personally, I think it was a pointless rotation since only 3 sets were booted. Basically the same cardpool as before, because almost all of the worthwhile cards from those first 3 sets were reprinted in later sets.

Rayeels and Gothitelle/Accelgor will disappear though. Granted they aren't anywhere near as good as Plasma or Blastoise, but they did maintain a good presence.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
It got reprinted anyway as a secret rare in a set much later on so you're doomed to have it in the format. Not to mention warp point is technically still in play, so no more bench safety !

Years
It got reprinted anyway as a secret rare in a set much later on so you're doomed to have it in the format. Not to mention warp point is technically still in play, so no more bench safety !

That was DEX, the set immediately after NEX. If they had cut out just 2 more sets, we'd be rid of it. Also Warp Point was has been there for years and it at least has a chance of failure.

Back