• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power Up!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Mario-Super-Mushroom-psd72450.png

One of the most popular parts of video games have been power ups. These special items are seeked out by the player because they're normally for a beneficial effect! Power ups being a very general term, there are tons of variations from game to game, but one of the easiest to recognize is the popular 1UP mushroom from the Mario series. That's only one on a list of countless others, and they all have different effects. What is your favorite (or least favorite) power up, and why? Discuss everything dealing with the valuable items in this thread!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Not sure if this counts as a power-up per-se, but, I do love the item enhancements at the zelda games. :3 Makes you feel very accomplished on using them because they may be a little tricky to gain, they are suprisingly handy!

For example, the Sword Up-grade on Ocarina of Time - the Biggoron Sword. You have to go through a variety of item swapping and beat-the-clock challenges but the power-up is soooo worth it in the end because the sword is amazingly powerful~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Power-ups are pretty important, because they add extra abilities to your game characters and help you to complete certain levels. Statue Leaf from Super Mario 3D Land is on of my favorite power-ups. This power-up gives you the ability to float in air, turn yourself into a statue, and perform tail attacks. Blue Punch from Rayman Origins is also my favorite. It gives your player blue boxing gloves, which can be thrown at enemies who are far away. This attack is a lot more powerful than regular attacks, because as soon as enemies are hit by it, they get destroyed instantly. Red Shell from Mario Kart games is another of my favorite power-ups. Every time you use this shell, it never fails to hit your enemies.

Years
When it comes to power-ups there is IMO nothing that beats Binding of Isaac.
Isaac is great rogue-like game but w/e its power-ups game would be very generic and not very fun to play. Most amazing thing about their power-ups system is that even most useless item/boost can become most overpower in right combination of items.
BTW, if any of you didn;t play Isaac yet, give a try, it's really cheap and worth it!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
My favorite power up is in infamous when Cole is able to glide across on power lines and on the trains. it's so cool and faster to travel.

Back