• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer/Webmaster forums suggestion

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I've always wondered why the Webmasters' Discussion is in the Official Forums category, because it really sticks out there. My suggestion is that we move Computer Help and Discussion out of Other Chat and put it directly under the Offtopic Discussion category, and then move Webmasters' into it as a subforum. Not only does it make more sense in terms of where things fit in, but it helps with modding too. It would mean Other Chat mods don't have to take care of an area that's not what they know about, and Gary and I (when I return) can just be modded in CH&D without an extra entry in Webmasters'. And if there's a worry about the number of subforums' subforums with Resources and the new suggestion of Advertising, there's a precedent where Sprites is a subforum of Art and it has two subforums itself.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I think that's a good idea. This way I won't forget about Computers often as I do because Other Chat blocks it to a link. They do seem to go together too and it would make it easy to mod.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Don't see why not -the section could then be renamed Computers & Webmasters Discussion

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Erm... no.

Steve/Kwesi won't have Webbies moved out of OF. Or Steve at least won't allow it.

And Webbies/Computers should never be mixed together. If anything, make a new category for "Technology" and place them in it. :-/

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    PPNSteve said:
    webbies stays in Official Forums section...
    Then how about taking that new combined Computer and Webmaster forum into the Official Section?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Ya, it'd stay in Of. for definate, but:
    me said:
    the section could then be renamed Computers & Webmasters Discussion
    It would suit that more than OC imo ^^;

aRedMoon

Years
    When the Computers forum was originally suggested in the lounge, the idea of just merging it with Webbies was unliked.

What I would like is do something like a "Technology" no-post forum, and then put computers and webbies in there as subbies. Also do the sub-forum idea that was proposed in Webbies that others seemed to like.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    I like the idea JA. I mean, how is Webmasters Discussion official?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Kip-kip said:
    Then how about taking that new combined Computer and Webmaster forum into the Official Section?
    well they're not that closely related.. as WD is aimed at Pokemon Webmasters (even thouhgh any webby can use it) computers is 'Other Chat' so they are in their correct places.

aRedMoon

Years
    Bump up for the technology category/forum =3

It's a good idea, it really is. =3

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    *yet another bump*

It'd be a good idea to have a tech section especially now we've redone the whole Webmasters' and all. How about a thingy? You know. Programming forum. Like I always wanted :P

Back