• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • My character was also holding the Pikachu 3DS XL, but I don't have one, I play on an aqua 3DS, so no, it doesn't use your actual console, if that's what you were asking :)

Huh. Was your character female?

EDIT: I should add, this happened twice in a row. I started the game once, as the female, and had the 3ds in my hands. Restarted before I even saved, same exact female, still woke up with the 3ds in my hand. o.o

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
  • So guys im getting Y today and im planning on EV training my team. But i need help knowing the EV spread im going to use.

Chesnaught: I was thinking 252 AtK/ 252 Def and 4 HP
    Charizard:Definitely 252 SpA/ 252 Spe and 4 AtK
    Sylveon: From what ive seen this guy should be 252 SpA/ 252 SpD and 4 HP right?
    Aegislash:252 AtK/ 252 Def and 4 HP???

Ok now im not sure about these 2
    Aurorus
    Dragalge

If any of you guys have these pokemon or now what they specialize in please tell me what you think i should train them on .

Thanks
    1.%20smile.gif

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Anybody know where to get Luvdisc? (or heart scales)
    Am at the move reminder but can't find Luvdisc for the life of me.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • while I wait for my Pokémon X game to be shipped, is there anything I MUST know about playing the game or starting the game that could have a significant outcome of how well or what happens in the game early on if I don't know this information?

try not to spoil me, I've seen enough on Facebook

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    while I wait for my Pokémon X game to be shipped, is there anything I MUST know about playing the game or starting the game that could have a significant outcome of how well or what happens in the game early on if I don't know this information?

No there is nothing that you can't learn as you go along.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm stuck after the Psychic Gym. I have no clue what to do. Someone please tell me where to go.
    You can fish for Luvdisc on Route 8 using the Old Rod, and I'm pretty sure I found a hidden Heart Scale on the same route.

Where do I get the Lucky Egg?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the Egg. It's in the Coumarine Hotel. You have to show the girl with a Marill a Pokemon at high happiness.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    GTS Question

Hi,

Is there a way to stop the GTS from trading with Japanese players? It's annoying the hell out of me that the pokemon I get from trading have Japanese names that are unable to be changed.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    while I wait for my Pokémon X game to be shipped, is there anything I MUST know about playing the game or starting the game that could have a significant outcome of how well or what happens in the game early on if I don't know this information?

As Magic Fox said, there'll be nothing you do that changes the game significantly. It's a lot like the other games in that respect.

I'm stuck after the Psychic Gym. I have no clue what to do. Someone please tell me where to go.

Have you been told to

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Anyone know how to capture the Legendary Birds? It's been a while since I've gotten far enough in a Pokemon game to capture them so I'm unsure if the technique stills exists (like the Legendary Dogs), but I've encountered Moltres and each time it flees before I can do anything.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'm trying to erase my save file. I've redecided on Froakie.

There's no way to automatically erase it, though, and I've tried Up+B+X (NeoSeeker said this works) but all it does it put me back to the video title screen.

What gives? :(

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Is it possible to leave the first gym after entering? It looks like you can't.

Are there other gyms that prevent you from leaving?

Years
  • Is it possible to leave the first gym after entering? It looks like you can't.

Are there other gyms that prevent you from leaving?

You mean on the spider web? You can leave, you just head back to the centre of the web and go a bit forward and, I think you have to press A. But then you climb back up the thread to the top to leave.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    What purpose does the pokemon amie screen have? I've been placing seats and pokepuffs down and other players pokemon appear on the top part of the screen.

What's it actually doing though? It occasionally says my friends gave me a gift....are they actually giving me a gift or is it automated?

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
    Years
  • Working Gen VI IV calculator?

As the title says, I'm looking for a working Gen 6 IV calc..... I have little hope for one, but I'd thought I might as well check and see.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I'm trying to erase my save file. I've redecided on Froakie.

There's no way to automatically erase it, though, and I've tried Up+B+X (NeoSeeker said this works) but all it does it put me back to the video title screen.

What gives? :(

Where are you inputting the Up/B/X when attempting this? From what I know you need to do this as the main title screen starts.

Years
  • Anyone know how to capture the Legendary Birds? It's been a while since I've gotten far enough in a Pokemon game to capture them so I'm unsure if the technique stills exists (like the Legendary Dogs), but I've encountered Moltres and each time it flees before I can do anything.

Been suffering from the same thing, if you ever found out how, do tell

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back