• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Sometimes Crashes In a Certain Map Connection

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hello Everyone,

My game (sometimes) crashes when I go into a specific map connection. Actually not on every point of the connection, it happens close to the right corner.
    The error displayed is very weird, and I can't find anything wrong with the maps involved.

Spoiler:

By the way, there is no event 54 or 49 in the map, so I don't really know what the errorlog means.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you very much.

Giu

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I used to get a similar error. I'm still not entirely sure I understand what causes it, but it has to do with maps connected, not incorrectly, but in a way that makes essentials angry at you :)

When you have three maps, and one is in the middle of the other two, kind of like
    Code:
           XXXX
           XXXX
           XXXX
         YYYYYYYZZZZZZ
         YYYYYYYZZZZZZ
         YYYYYYYZZZZZZ
         YYYYYYY

with X, Y, and Z, being 3 different maps, and both X and Z connected directly to map Y. X and Y aren't connected, but they are either not close enough to load fully, or far away enough to ignore each other. They are in this awkward space where the game doesn't know if it should load or not load the events in the other map. So when you are in map X, the game partially loads events in map Z, but can't do it fully, and crashes.

To fix this issue, you need to fix your maps or connections so they are far enough away from each other, or closer. I don't know what the exact number of tiles is for a safe distance. Hope this helps!

I may be wrong here, but I got this error before, or a similar one, and this seemed to fix it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hmm... Your answer really shines a light on that problem, but I'm afraid it is not the whole story.
    My arrangement of maps is a little bit different. I have something like this:
    Code:
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAA[S-HIGHLIGHT]AA[/S-HIGHLIGHT]AZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
              ZZZZZZZ
    The problem happens in the highlighted place in map A. All three maps are completelly connected in the neighbourhood of that region.
    However, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with what you said.
    I'm tryng to fiddle arround with the widths of the maps, but the problem still persists.
    What is curious is that it not always happens. The game crashes (roughly) once every three times I walk on that spot, which is quite peculiar.

Thank you very much for the response. I'll play a little bit with the crash and try to understand it better.

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Hmm... Your answer really shines a light on that problem, but I'm afraid it is not the whole story.
    My arrangement of maps is a little bit different. I have something like this:
    Code:
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    BBBBBBBBBBZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAA[S-HIGHLIGHT]AA[/S-HIGHLIGHT]AZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
    AAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZ
              ZZZZZZZ
    The problem happens in the highlighted place in map A. All three maps are completelly connected in the neighbourhood of that region.
    However, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with what you said.
    I'm tryng to fiddle arround with the widths of the maps, but the problem still persists.
    What is curious is that it not always happens. The game crashes (roughly) once every three times I walk on that spot, which is quite peculiar.

Thank you very much for the response. I'll play a little bit with the crash and try to understand it better.

The timing of your error sounds exactly like what was happening to me. Not happening every time, but always around the same spot. Since your maps are connected differently than mine, I'm not sure how you could fix the problem... Sorry I can't help any more than this! Good luck

Back