• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♬ ~ The Pentatonix Fan Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

• Fan Club owned by: Minerva

♬~About Pentatonix:
    Pentatonix is an a cappella group consisting of five members: Mitch Grassi, Scott Hoying, Avi Kaplan, Kirstie Maldonado, & Kevin Olusola. Before Pentatonix, Kirstie, Mitch, and Scott got together to compete in a singing contest to meet the cast of Glee. Even though they did not win, they sparked attention from local residents of their hometown of Arlington, Texas. They were still in high school at the time.

Scott and Kirstie went off to college, while Mitch, the youngest of the three, was still a senior. Scott went on to attend USC to major in Popular Music, and joined an a cappella group called the SoCal Vocals. He found out about The Sing-Off, a singing contest airing on NBC. The group needed one more member to compete on the show, so Scott went on and met Avi Kappan from a mutual friend of his, as well as he found Kevin Olusola through Youtube.

The (now) five members auditioned for The Sing-Off, and were donned the name "Pentatonix" after the musical Pentatonic Scale. Penta = five. Eventually, they managed to win Season 3 of The Sing-Off, winning $200,000 in cash and a recording contract for Sony Music.

Pentatonix released three albums: PTX Vol. 1, PTX Vol 2, and PTXmas. They are currently preparing for their 2014 world tour.

♬~Featured song:

♬~Introduction:
    Welcome to the Pentatonix Fan Club!~ This club is entirely focused on the awesomeness that is Pentatonix. Discuss the members, the music, their upcoming tour, their media plans, and much more. You can also discuss their past tenure at The Sing-Off, in which they have won Season 3 back in 2011. Whether you are curious to learn more about Pentatonix after listening to the featured song above, or if you are a bigger fan like me, join!

♬~Rules:
    The rules are straightforward and self explanatory. First off, all PokeCommunity rules & FC&G rules apply here. Please do not bring any hate in this club, as well as do not troll/bash/flame/etc. Anyone can bring in topics even if the discussion has died down of the previous topic. And fangirling in this club…is entirely encouraged. Most importantly, have fun!

♬~Sign-Up:
    To sign-up, simply answer this question: How did you first hear about Pentatonix? This will be your introductory post, it doesn't have to be long or short, as long as it's enough for you to join the club. Afterwards, please type in the codeword "PTX" somewhere around your introductory post.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    o.O I'm joining most definitely!.

I heard PTX for the first time back in february of this year, actually. and it was on my 3DS. it was the Evolution of Music video. and since then, I have been looking for songs they've made over the past years. My most favorite song they've made is the Daft Punk melody. Its great and i have it as my morning alarm. But yeah. I'm subscribed to Pentatonix on youtube now and am looking forward to their new songs. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yay, welcome Joey!~

I was introduced to them by two awesome friends from here: Autumn Reverie and my pair Kanzler. They linked me to the Daft Punk video and was enamoured by it! I then went ahead to check out iTunes to listen to their PTX II album, and it immediately became my most favorite album. I then downloaded PTX I, and their Christmas album which was super amazing (Little Drummer Boy omg! <3).

I even watch their PTXperience videos on YT. They released one today iirc, have yet to watch it.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I haven't seen any PTXperience yet. Since I'm off today, I'll probably go check some out. Also I've been listening to Love Again by PTX recently. I really love it, but i don't really have an explanation to why i love it so much.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Love Again is one of my favorites! :D I actually heard it for the first time just a couple of weeks ago and it instantly became an awesome song for me. Right now I've been listening to most of their Sing-Off songs as well as their first album songs. They're all pretty catchy, I must say.

Back