• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary er... Things!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The things that I am talking about are the Pokemon of Entei, Raikou and Suicune. Some people call them dogs, others cats, and others weird genetic mutant hybrid thingies :P So... discuss their weirdness and wonderfulness here ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Entei looks like a tiger,Suicune looks like a wolf, and Raiku looks like a lion...I don't see why the flip they're called dogs. I think 'two cats and a dog trio' suit it better XD

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    THEYRE GENTIC HYBRID MUTANT THINGIES! xD
    Nah, they're worst than that... But Blue's idea of "Two Cats and a Dog" seems nice~ xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    No... they're WEIRD genetic mutant hybrid thingies XD

I know people call them dogs/cats/tigers/lions/wolves/kangaroos (I've heard that one mentioned before... seriously), but to me, Raikou looks like a Sabretooth Tiger, Entei looks like a Mountain Lion, and Suicune looks like a cute widdle puppy, only not so widdle XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    No... they're WEIRD genetic mutant hybrid thingies XD

I know people call them dogs/cats/tigers/lions/wolves/kangaroos (I've heard that one mentioned before... seriously), but to me, Raikou looks like a Sabretooth Tiger, Entei looks like a Mountain Lion, and Suicune looks like a cute widdle puppy, only not so widdle XD
    Isn't mountain lion just another word for Tiger? Or was that panther I'm thinking of?XD I can see Raikou as a Sabretooth, Suicune cute? O.o; Ohhh...kay XD

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
    Personally, I think...
    Raikou=Tiger
    Entei=Lion
    Suicune=Wolf
    ...yeah. i've always seen it this way even since GSC days (it was hard to tell what entei was back then, what with his wierd-looking GS sprite :P)

Of course, if you look carefully at the movies, you can sorta tell what Entei and Suicune are:
    Entei roars like a lion...
    Suicune howls like a wolf...

And based on art:
    Raikou has stripes like a tiger...

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
    I honestly dont think they look like animals at all o.o I hate it when people call them "legendary cats" or "legendary dogs." Not all Pokemon have to be animals >> << >> I mean, what would the Regi trio be... the Legendary Baboons? o-O

I just think of them as the Johto Legend Trio o.o

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Nah, Regis = Solid Robots~ xD

Ok, Shining Mew got a point... BUT, like herself said, not All Pok?mon need to be animals, but the Johto Trio are, indeed, animals~

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    I can almost see how a solid piece of ice is a robot </sarcasm>

anyway Quagsire isn't an animal so all of them don't need to be animalisticly based

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
    husk1442 said:
    Regi's=Legendary minerals

I was being sarcastic w/ the whole animal thing xD

If the Johto Legends were animals.. the only one I could possibly see would be Raikou... he kinda looks like a tiger... but the others just look like made up creatures >>

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    kangaroos (I've heard that one mentioned before... seriously)

^Were the people who said that feeling alright? OO;;

As for me, I've always referred to them as "Legendary Dogs," though I never actually thought that looked that much like dogs. Aside from Entei.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    People have a tendancy to define things in terms of what they already know about. Now, of course, the legendary birds are classified as birds because they can fly and have feathers (granted, ostriches can't fly, but still). So, it's no surprise that people compare the three legendary...whatevers to existing animals. Personally, I think they combine some cat and dog qualities, as well as other animals.

Years
    I think Raikou is more or less based around the pun of "saber-toothed tiger" - since the actual sabertooth "tiger" wasn't a real tiger at all. :P (Yeah, I know, I'm being ultra-picky there...)

Entei's basically a lion in my opinion, and Suicune...I'll agree with either cheetah or canine. Not any specific canine, and especially not a wolf, since it doesn't look too much like a wolf to me, but it does have a canine-like build to it.

I always call them "beasts", though - because one, it seems like one specific term won't work for all three of them, and two...it cuts down on any arguments about what they really are. :P

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
    In some areas, they most resemble cats...
    Entei, in the 3rd movie, had Retractable claws, a trait only the feline species has...
    Um...Raikou jut looks kinda cat-ish...
    and suicune, um, well, it also looks cat-ish :P
    if anything, Entei is the cat, by undisputable evidence.

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    I call them beasts... but they look more like big cats than anything else.

Suicune kind of looks like a Cheetah or Leapord IMO...

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    Well who or what started the term legendary dogs? I think theyre still dogs. Im not sure what breeds exactly but they do look doglike to me. The Birds are kinda obvious by their look. And the Regis? I just call them the Regi-Trio.

Back