• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Paper Mario | The World Star [OOC]

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

papermariologo_zps838ac0c7.png

No Paper Mario Experience Necessary!

The Plot

Mkx9auC.png

The Crystal Stars…Originally created long ago by the Shadow Queen before she was destroyed, the stars are 7 magical objects capable of giving the user powers beyond the ordinary. Legends says that all together, they help hold the essence of the heavens and keep balance in the world. As of now, they are split up into 7 different parts within the Mushroom Kingdom under the watchful eye of Princess Peach. Each star grants the user a unique power, however if fallen into the wrong hands, may be used for malicious purposes.

Speaking of malicious stuff, some strange things have been happening in the Mushroom Kingdom. Although tightly secured, the Mushroom Castle has had reports of numerous break-ins, with no trace of anything being stolen, or any major property damage. Thought to be just a series of pranks, they were shortly excused. However, rumors say that the perpetrator was looking for something. Something that was apparently not in the Mushroom Castle.

~

Welcome to the town of Quiet Meadows! A placid town in the western side of the Mushroom Kingdom, known for its clean air, fresh flowers. This place has inhabitants of all kinds and is very welcoming! Quiet Meadows has everything someone would need to live a comfortable life! Stores, shops, groceries, you name it! There are also two schools located here called Meadows Grade School, as well as Meadows College. The mayor's house (Mayor Montgomery III) is right on top of a hill in the town's richer part of town, known as Ever Hills. Mayor Monty is a rather nice old Koopa, who simply just refuses to step down from his position until he kicks the bucket. He's a passionate guy, so chances are if you need help, he can be pretty reliable. On the outskirts of town, is located the Quiet Cave, where one of the Crystal Stars known as the Diamond Star currently resides. The cave can be scary, especially at night, so never go alone!

You are a citizen of Quiet Meadows. You have been living your life rather peacefully, away from the busy life of the city. Maybe you go to school, or maybe you work. Or maybe you don't do anything at all! The terms of what the Crystal Stars are capable of, are a complete mystery to you, as not many people talk about it, other than it is simply just a tourist attraction and pretty centerpiece for your dining room. Least do you know, that you will soon know the truth about what is going on in the Mushroom Kingdom.

The RP Itself

Okay guys, welcome to Paper Mario: The World Star! As you guessed, this RP is based on the Paper Mario games, mainly from the second one (although the the gist is still trying to get the stars, it has nothing to do with the Thousand-Year Door). However, if you have not played those, than you need not worry, as it is definitely not required as I will be mainly explaining a lot of things along the way was we progress! So if you are interested, read on!

So, with the plot out of the way, I may as well get down the RP mechanics and how things are going to work. Firstly , there is obviously not going to be a turn-based battle system like in the video games. Just straight up battling. Pretty simple stuff. Your character uses his/her attacks to defeat the opponent. In the games there is something called "FP", or "Flower Points". These are pretty much your points needed to use your stronger attack. In this RP, we are completely getting rid of Flower Points for simplicity's sake. Instead, using your stronger attack(s) will simply just use up more of your energy. Items that affect FP, will do the same thing, except affect your energy. Be warned though, this RP is not completely based on battling, as there are also puzzles and interactions driving the plot for the RP as well. So even if your character is not much of a fighter, they can still come in handy. As for the world itself, the RP takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom, although the places we visit are going to be different than those in the Paper Mario games. If you have an idea for a town or place, just let me know and we can figure something out.

Items & Badges

Click Here for Item Database | Click Here for Badge Database

items0_zps62ad205d.png

So, items are a rather big thing in the Paper Mario games. In the RP, these items are also obtainable, but you will mostly be able to find them in the field, instead of purchasing them. Again, for simplicity's sake, every person is limited to only 1 item at a single, given time, and you are only able to find or purchase them with my permission first. Coins will be handled by me, so you need not worry about it (coins are shared among characters as a group). If you need help with what items are available or what items do what, just click the link above for a database. The items are fairly straightforward about their usage, so if you are unsure if an item is allowed in the RP, ask me. Any item that has anything to do with FP, does what it is supposed to do, except replenishes/decreases energy instead of FP.

badges0_zpse3313ff5.png

And here we have badges. For those of you who are unfamiliar, badges are pretty much just used for giving certain abilities, power-ups, or passives. They can be found, given as a gift, etc. They are not a one-time thing, and your character will be carrying the badge around at all times (unless they choose to throw it away). Once again, for simplicity's sake, I'm limiting characters to only 3 badges maximum. Obviously not every badge can be used by your character (for example if you don't use a mallet as a weapon then the hammer badges are a complete waste). You need my permission before getting/finding a badge, so don't even worry about badges until I say so. With that said, I have a list of badges that are off limits/not available in the RP (They are off limits because some of them either just won't work properly in the RP, or they are redundant)If you need help, just click the link for a badge database:

List of Unobtainable Badges:
    Spoiler:

The Rules

• All PC Forum Rules Apply
    • No bunnying/god-modding
    • This is pretty much a 'G' rated RP, so violence, romance is allowed. But no swearing, and I mean it. Pretty much anything you find in the Paper Mario Games/Manga is allowed in the RP
    • Do not question, or argue with game logic. This could potentially lead to unnecessary questions or conversations about the Paper Mario Universe.
    • I understand characters are technically '2-D', but no turning yourself into a paper airplane or anything out of the ordinary (if you have played the second game, you'll know what I am talking about)
    • Let me know if you plan on being away for sometime so I can work something out
    • Please post often. Don't sign-up and then leave, as it will be hard to get rid of characters. We will all be travelling as a group so it's important to communicate.

The Sign-Up

Name: (Your character's name. Make sure they are an original character. You don't have to put a last name if it fits with your character.)

Species: (What species are they? Anything found in the Paper Mario universe will do. Toads, Goombas, Koopas, Bob-Ombs, Boo, Little Mousers are all acceptable. Just no picking actual people, or things like Chomps. There's many more to choose from, so if you need help just let me know. Also, no creating your own species, the must be already exist.Or you can click here for the wiki.)

Age: (How old are they? I don't really have a age limit, as long as you are not 300 years old or anything.)

Appearance: (How does your character look? Any clothes, or things that distinguish them from others of their species, maybe a different color? Try to make your character unique!)

Personality: (Pretty straight forward. How do they act, likes, dislikes, etc.)

History: (A really small history about them. You don't have to write more than a paragraph unless you want a really detailed history.)

Attacks: (2 attacks for now. One regular attack, and one stronger attack. Your attacks can be anything that would suit your character. If your character's standard way of battling is just punching/kicking/headbutting or anything physical like that, then just put down 'Melee' as your first attack. If your character uses some sort of weapon, let me know beforehand so I can approve it. Their weapon won't be available right at the start of the RP, just so you know. If you need help with attacks or something just let me know.)

My Sign-Up

Spoiler:

Accepted (If more spots need to be opened then I may increase the cap)

Artwork/Characters:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • HOLY HELL, an RP based on my favourite game of all time?! I am SO there! Reserve me a spot, pleeeeease! Oh god, this is gonna be so good. *Rubs hands*

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Can I reserve a slot too, please? This is such a cute and attractive RP I wanna be a part of it so bad!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Alright, my SU is done, so here you go! I sent Jegretis a message whether or not it was okay for me to use a Shadow as my species, but I just couldn't wait for him to get back to me with writing this SU :x So please, Jeg', if I'm not allowed to do this, just tell me and I'll change it around!

Name: Caitlynn

Species: Shadow (There isn't really a name for the species I have in mind, but basically, if you've played it, it's what the Shadow Sirens are. I've googled everywhere and cannot find their exact species. For those who haven't played the game, here's a quick reference of the Shadow Sirens in the game: http://www.mariowiki.com/images/a/af/Shadowsirens0.jpg ).

Age: Looks and acts like someone in their early-to-mid 20's, but it's kind of hard to tell what her real age is.

Appearance: As the shadows seen in the game, Caitlynn is almost entirely made out of a purple/dark substance that never seems to leave the ground. As she's able to completely retreat into the shadows, she can go completely invisible, but a telltale sign of her coming out of the shadows, is that a patch of the shadows turn into a more purple hue just before she comes into view again.

Her body-type is more akin to Vivian ( http://legendsoflocalization.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/vivian.png ) than the other Shadow Sirens. The white gloves on her hands are a lot smoother than in the picture, the hat on her head is white and a lighter shade of purple than her body, her hair is dark-blue and not at all curly. In fact, there's a fringe that moves down and left across her face, to cover where her right eye would be, and the hair behind her is a little shorter, only just reaching past her shoulders. She also wears a scarf wrapped around her neck, which reaches further down her back than her hair, in the same, striped design as her hat, which is an icy blue, as if a hue-contrast to her dark-blue hair.

Personality: Caitlynn is generally a happy, positive type of person, enjoying what she does, especially when it comes to helping out customers in the shop she works at. However, when it comes to people she's never met before, or generally people who seem very alpha-male-y, she can get very meek and apologetic, not wanting to do something wrong in the eyes of others.

After working for several years in the item store of Quiet Meadows, Caitlynn began borrowing books from the library in the school and college, wanting to expand her knowledge of items in the world and hopefully, one day, open up her own store somewhere, filled to the brim with both wares and customers that she could help out.

Likes: Meeting friendly people, gloomy and generally darker areas, reading and above all else, ice cream.

Dislikes: Yelling, unnecessary violence, intense light, vegetables.

History: A few years ago, Caitlynn came into the city battered, bruised and generally looked like she had been in a fight for her life. She collapsed before anyone could get to her. Frankly, nobody had seen a being like her before, so they were all at a loss for what to do with her.

That is, until the Toad that was the owner of the item shop arrived and asked for help in bringing her to his home to nurse her back to life. When she came to, it was quickly evident that she had no memory of what had happened, most likely due to whatever trauma she had just been through.

With her memories lost and her past a mystery, Caitlynn had no desire to go anywhere, especially not without repaying the debt she felt she had towards the toad who had taken her in, despite nobody knowing whether she was dangerous or not. So, Caitlynn regained her strength after several days of resting, and began helping out the toad she would come to know as Russel by working in his store. He was happy for the help, and over the years, Caitlynn grew to love the work she was doing and talking to customers, however wary most of the citizens of the village seemed. She made sure to keep her distance and not get into any trouble, keeping a low profile while helping Russel as best as she could.

Attacks:

• Pow!
    Caitlynn aims her finger at her opponent, concentrating her shadowy energy within her hand and proceeds to fire a shadowy 'bullet' at her foe.

• Umbra Fire
    Being in tune with the element of fire, Caitlynn is able to create either a spray of shadowy flames that burn many opponents, or a focused, shadowy fireball that'll only hit one enemy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Alrighty then, let's get to it.

Sir Bastian: Haha nice character :) You are accepted!
    Ray Maverick: You are reserved!
    Albunnie: You are reserved!
    Pixelrushe: You are also reserved!

I will also probably post what your first IC post looks like, just so you guys can plan ahead if you want or something.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Sweet, thanks a ton ^^ So excited to get going! A little side-question though, will we get more moves as we progress through the story, or will we be able to change stuff around at some point? Like, maybe being able to pick a new ability, possibly a more defensive one or something like that? :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yes of course! I'll let you guys know when you can learn new moves, if you want to them to learn it a certain way (such as through some sort of training regimen). Which brings me to my next point. If you guys ever get an idea for some sort of place we could visit in the RP just let me know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    On second thought, I'd like to withdraw my reservation, as I already am too busy with my own RP. Good luck with the RP

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    No problem Ray, I'll withdraw your reservation...which means one spot is open!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yep, I'll reserve you Aura.

If more people seemingly want to join, I may possibly open up a spot or two. Maybe.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Name: Nina Shroomer

Species: Toad

Appearance: Nina stands short in stature, much like other Toads. Her cap is purple in color, with white spots decorating it accordingly. Unlike most Toadettes, Nina keeps blonde hair pulled back into a small ponytail of sorts. Overtop of her mushroom cap is a purple bandana with a pair of goggles resting atop of them. Nina sports a pair of black fingerless gloves on her hands and brown boots on her feet. A purple backpack is always resting on her back, where she keeps all her trusty knicknacks.

Personality: A young mushroom girl with a taste of adventure... or at least, that's what she says. Nina has the imagination of an adventurer, but the heart of a coward through and through. She tends to exaggerate stories and adventures to those younger who are easily fooled, making them believe she is some grand adventurer who has faced down countless threats and dangers, such as pirates, ghosts, monsters, and dark caverns. At times, she even finds herself believing these sorts of stories.

In reality, Nina is more of a coward than anything else. The thought of actually partaking in anything dangerous causes the Toadette to become frightened easily, and more often than not she lives by the theory of "those who run, live to fight another day." She spends more time than not working in her uncle and aunt's item shop, usually helping him by stocking the shelves or taking inventory on the stock. Nina has dreams one day of one day overcoming her cowardly behavior and embarking on grand adventures and treasure hunts, one day opening up her own rare antique store.

Dislikes: Danger, Cats, Spiders, Ghosts, Carrots

History: Nina was raised in Quiet Meadows her entire life by her uncle and aunt. She lived a pretty ordinary life, attending school and helping out at the item shop that they both own. However, Nina has always had a very vivid imagination, often day dreaming about a heroic and adventurous life, something that goes against how she normally acts on a daily basis. Her daydreams and imagination often would get the best of her, causing Nina to come up with absolutely wild stories and lies about what she's done in her life and all the sorts of ways she spends her spare time. While many of the town's younger citizens seem easily capable of believing some of Nina's wild stories, most of the adults and older citizens seem to know they are nothing more than hot air. Unfortunately, Nina seems to tell these stories so much that she has been more or less regarded as a bit of a liar...

Attacks:
    • Melee - Nina reaches into her backpack and pulls out her trusty slingshot. She takes aim, letting a pebble fly straight at her enemy.
    • Bandage - Nina reaches into her backpack and pulls out her trusty firstaid kit. Using this she quickly applies a bandadge and some ointment to a wounded ally to heal what hurts them the most.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Albunnie: Nice, we got a healer in the group lol. You are of course accepted!

So, I'm sort of writing out the IC write now, and I guess how the RP starts off is going to be fairly sandbox-ish. It's the start of a day and your character is pretty much out and about or doing whatever it is they do. You guys can talk with each other and whatnot if you want, but it won't be until later in the night during that IC day that the RP actually starts.

So yeah, just letting you guys know if you need to plan ahead :/

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Chester D. Bewm Esquire
    (Or Chester D. Boomy, or Chester D. Boomyesq!)
    2Y1DvOo.jpg

Species: Adorable little Fahr Outpost Bob-Omb

Age: Old enough to leave home, but to be honest he doesn't even know himself

Appearance: He looks mostly like any other Fahr Outpost Bob-Omb but he has red boots and a golden tassel for a fuse, and only puts on his hat when he freaks out.
    AIdiSqY.jpg
    (Him when his hat IS on, except his shoes are red and his crank is bright orange.)

Personality: Chester is a humble little bob-omb, all he wants to do is hear stories, tell stories, and make stories of his own. He is friendly to everyone he meets and very naive, he tends to either instantly believe anything he hears or get very confused if it conflicts with something he thought he knew. Just as Chester is so nice and thinks everyone should be happy, if he thinks anyone is being mean or getting in the way of someone else's happiness he has a very short fuse. The instant anyone picks a fight with Chester or does something to make him mad his first response is to give them a nice, morally-purifying BLAST!

Even though he's overreacted and blasted people or things that didn't deserve it more than a few times everyone knows Chester is a good guy. He loves to smell flowers and play games with the kids when he's got nothing else to do. Nearly everyone knows Chest, if for no reason other than that their only resident Bob-Omb from the Fahr Outpost probably makes more of a commotion than the whole rest of the town combined. Explosions tend to stand out in a place that has quiet in it's name. When Chester is in a situation of extreme danger or he gets really scared he reverts back to his old ways, his old hat reappears seemingly out of nowhere, his Fahr accent becomes much more pronounced and he acts like a "soldier of the people" for a short while, until a good BLASTing knocks some sense into him.

Thanks to his sheltered upbringing Chest holds a childlike sense of wonder for every new thing he encounters, and BLASTs as much fun as he can into everything he does... He probably BLASTs too much doesn't he? Well too bad that's what Bob-Ombs exist to do! In ze wonderful land of da Fahr Outpost all Bob-Ombs BLAST as much as they please for the benefit of themselves and their comrades! *Ahem* Excuse me, sorry about that, anyways yeah, Chester likey da bewm.

Likes: comrades, flowers, children, BLASTing, snow, and camaraderie

Dislikes: bullies, enemies of Fahr Outpost, BLASTing the wrong things, and loading cannons.

History: Little Chester grew up in the wonderful magical land of Fahr Outpost where anything can happen! Except social freedom...or living quietly...or a warm summer day, still it's pretty great. He had good food, a bed to sleep in, loyal comra-friends, and whenever someone made anyone angry there were plenty of BLASTs to be had. Chester would have been happy to live this same life forever, but then cannon testing day came. Well you see... Since Chester was finally old enough to help with important matters for the outpost he decided to sneak to the town's super cannon the night before it was to be tested and properly load it himself to make sure everything went smoothly and...well... the little guy fell in. He spent hours calling for help to no avail, and eventually he got so angry about the whole situation his fuse lit without him even realizing it, and before he knew it he BLASTed the inside of the cannon and set off the rest of the explosives.

When Chester came to he was on some strange green grass that had no snow on it, it was surprisingly warm. He heard many voices chattering around him and braced for a verbal thrashing from General White or one of his other superiors, but instead he was greeted many different faces of all kinds looking at him and muttering one thing or another. His head was so scrambled from the BLAST of a lifetime the only words of hers he made out were "quite a fall" and "strange hat" Chester had never seen a toad in his life, and here was surrounded by a bunch of them and many other strange things, the only logical conclusion was that he'd been captured by enemies planning to invade the Outpost! And the only proper way to deal with invaders is a good BLAST!

And that was the first time a loud BOOM crashed through Quiet Meadows and destroyed a chunk of the town, sadly I'd be a liar if I said it was the last. Chester couldn't figure out how to get back to the Outpost, no one in the town seemed to have heard of it so he had no idea which way to go. With no better plan Chester decided to stay to help fix the damage he'd done, and by the time he was finished he'd decided to stay, everyone there was nice, and it was pleasant to have warm sunlight and grass for once. After he grew more accustomed to life in Quiet Meadows Chester decided he needed a job, so he tried everything he could think of until someone asked him to get rid of a thwomp that was blocking the road into town and refused to leave. A good BLAST taught him better than to be some sort of square, mean, scary highwayman, and Chester knew what he could do. What better way for a plucky little Bub like him to make a living than by BLASTing things that need to be BLASTed?

Quiet Meadows wasn't always quite so 'quiet' after Chester showed up, but he was surprisingly productive, because besides not being known for explosions Quiet Meadows also wasn't known for having people strong enough to move heavy rocks or demolish useless buildings either.

Attacks:

Melee Chester takes a running start and rams his head (which is also his body) into the enemy as hard as he can, which is pretty hard considering he used to be a soldier and he's got such a hard head.

BLAST! (Or BOOM! Depending on what Chester feels like shouting at the time.) Chester lights his fuse and charges his opponent, if timed right he explodes right when he gets to them, if they try to run he chases them till he goes off, and if they're too close he basically does his melee first to knock them down then sits on them until they go BOOM.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Alright, awesome! Lord Sephear and Chester D. Boom are accepted!

I'll also try and submit the IC by today just so I can get it out of the way :/

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • I'm so excited for this :3 Pixel and Aura, let's see your SUs! And if you need someone to bounce ideas off of, let me know! I'm -the- biggest Paper Mario: TTYD fan, so I should be able to help out!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I think one more day should suffice for the reserves, yes?

Anyways, the IC was approved more quickly than I thought lol. But if you are accepted then feel free to post. The setting is fairly straightforward. Sunny day, around morning. Nothing special. There are some 'odd' people wandering through town (as stated in the IC post). So yeah! Your character would be doing their usual thing, and once things get settled in we will work on from there. You can talk to other characters if you wish, and make any necessary NPCs if you wish.

EDIT: In my post, Alex and his friend were throwing paint balloons at a shop, but I didn't specify what shop. I realize there are some of you who's characters work in shops, so if you want it to be your shop that gets vandalized then go ahead lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry for the wait, I had some struggles with this one but I hope it's acceptable! ^^

Name: Luke Boomore

Species: Boo

Appearance: Luke is quite the chubby fellow, having a more square-shaped figure than most of his other brethren. His ghostly form has a light brown shade to it and he sports a simple pair of reading glasses. A dark brown fedora rests upon his head (body?) along with a small pencil on the side to top it off. Luke also carries with him a notebook which is filled with more personal scribbles and drawings than actual notes.

Personality: As oblivious as he is nosy, Luke can come across as a bit rude and difficult to deal with. He usually never thinks before speaking his mind, however rude or straightforward it may be and usually gives off the impression of being very blunt. It's rarely that he does so with bad intentions but Luke just doesn't see the point of hesitating. If you got something to say than just get to the point. However, he has learned to be a bit more careful with this among his friends, and tries to be more gentle if the situation warrants it. He can also be very stubborn and if he's committed to something, Luke won't give up until he's sure that he has done everything possible, may it be helping a friend out or finishing a personal assignment.

Luke does not really pay attention to his surroundings at lot and can be a bit of a klutz at times, as evident by his place being quite a mess more often than not. He may drop or misplace important items and sometimes even trip over apparently nothing, sending him flying or crashing into other people followed by an intense wall of apologies from the chubby Boo. Don't even ask how a hovering ghost can trip, he's honestly not really sure himself.

Dislikes: Vacuums, sailing, cramped areas

History: Luke has always lived in Quiet Meadows for as long as he can remember, along with his uncle. As a kid, Luke never really enjoyed the quiet lifestyle in the little town but was more interested in the rest of the world and many of the wonders in the Mushroom Kingdom. When he wasn't reading and studying about all these different places, Luke took his chances and went out of town from time to time, usually earning an earful from his uncle when he returned. But he never let that stop him. What was the point of just staying put in one place for the rest of your life, doing the same thing day in and day out? And so this drove Luke to enroll into college in order to become a full-fledged reporter, having plans to later leave the town for the big city and from there travel around to the different parts of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Attacks:
    • Melee – Luke charges at the enemy and goes in for a simple body slam.
    • Surprise - Using his natural ability as a ghost, Luke takes a few moments to disappear out of sight and then reappears next to his opponents in order to scare them away.

Back