• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 29 Minutes that Shook Brazil

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brazil-v-germany-world-cup-3830691

^As Im sure most of you know, Germany won against Brazil 7 - 1, and 5 of those goals were in the same 29 minutes. I honestly really dont want Germany to win for reasons of my own, but what a humiliation. As you can imagine people took to the streets and not really rioted, but there were definitely some angry encounters. But that's not really what I want to talk about, I want to talk about the Brazilian Soccer Riots that have been occuring. Supposedly people are angry because people are poor as dirt in Brazil and they spent millions upon millions of dollars building these stadiums. What do you guys think? Are they right to riot? I dont think so, as the world cup should provide a lot of revenue for shop owners. I mean, just imagine how many people come from all over the world to watch the world cup. I would like to hear your guys' thoughts.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
The World Cup shouldn't have been held in Brazil.

It will only have benefitted a small amount of people (most of them not even from Brazil, I'm looking at you monsieur Blatter...), not the Brazilian people.

The money that has gone into this World Cup, could however have benefitted the Brazilian people.

Actually, the World Cup has made it arguably even worse for a whole lot of people. Favelas and thus people were removed to provide space for the stadiums.

Protests are entirely justified, riots never are. Protests do not equal riots though.

Poki

Banned
Years
Brasil's defense was hilariously bad to begin with, and they deserved the humiliation, because of that reason alone.

I just feel bad for Neymar. What a tribute to him! >_>

I am aware of the fact that the people who live there treat football as a religion, but that's not a legit reason to riot. Their team did a pathetic job, and it was nobody's fault that they embarrassed themselves like that in front of the whole world. :)

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
My thoughts?

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE GERMANY DID THIS!!!

Not that I doubt about Germany, but it's just how much Brazil's defense sucked. They just stood there in the first goal, three more in less than six minutes, and then one more, all before the 30 minutes. Then the second half started, and Germany just kicked two more in, and finally Oscar made his goal for Brazil. Like that would help. The goalie from Germany got made but I was like:

" Seriously? Like what will that goal do to you?"

When the narrator said the game was done, I was just in my head, Poor Neymar with his broken back and Silva in the stadium watching this defeat. I felt that those two players were Brazil's greatest force and both were out. If they were in, Germany would still win but not with 7 goals.

Now as we chat about this, the great Stone-Age is happening in Brazil. That's what FIFA gets for hosting the world cup in Brazil... They shouldn't be mad but then again homes were destroyed for this, but still an illogical thing to do. I have a bad feeling if Brazil loses on Saturday, the people will be even more angry at FIFA and the government of Brazil... Oh well, Germany in the end wins the cup of 2014!

Back