• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mystery Gift Issues

Years
    I've been trying to make a simple Mystery Gift, where the trainer receives one Master Ball. I followed the tutorial and uploaded the MysteryGift.txt to the internet.

I tried 4shared (Got an error); Mediafire (No gifts avaible); Dropbox(No gifts avaible) and then Pastebin raw file (No gifts avaible).

I searched here and everyone said to use Pastebin. But it still says that are no gifts avaible. I also tried to upload the default Mystery Gift from Essentials in each site that I listed here, but stills the same.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    I'm the one who rec'd pastebin. Let's run tech support.
    Question 1: Did you make sure to include the raw url file in the scripts?
    Mystery Gift Issues

That bottom line there should look like this
    Code:
    MYSTERYGIFTURL = "https://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=********"

Years
    Well, my script looks like this(Sorry, I kinda new, and I don't know how to use some features):
    ################################################################################
    # Mystery Gift system
    # By Maruno
    ################################################################################
    # This url is the location of an example Mystery Gift file.
    # You should change it to your file's url once you upload it.
    MYSTERYGIFTURL = "pastebin.com/raw.php?i=iMhMwXXX" (last 3 numbers removed)

I followed all steps that you said in another thread. But it doesn't seens to work with me.

Note: The Syntax option on Pastebin changes anything?

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You think maybe you should include the https://www. at the start of that web address?

Years
    I tried that, but I got this:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: Zlib::DataError

PokemonMysteryGift:361:in `inflate'

PokemonMysteryGift:361:in `pbMysteryGiftDecrypt'

PokemonMysteryGift:282:in `pbDownloadMysteryGift'

PokemonLoad:429:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

PokemonLoad:428:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonLoad:428:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

PokemonLoad:321:in `loop'

PokemonLoad:460:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

DebugIntro:6:in `main'

Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\computador\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
    RiceGate. Simply put, this is the easiest way to do it. I had all the same errors as you, but after a few things messed around with here and there, it worked out. Follow these steps.

1. Go to pastebin

2. Login to your pastebin account.

3. Create a new paste. Make sure its public. Leave all the other settings as they are. Just put something random in the paste for now. Save it, and when you see options like Edit, Copy, Paste, Raw, etc., hit Raw. It's gonna open another page, with nothing except what's in your paste.

4.Now, go to your RMXP project, and run a playtest from the RMXP editor.

5. Go to the Script Editor in RMXP. FInd the script section called PokemonMysteryGift. Change the Url to the URL of the raw pastebin page.

6. Using the debug options, go and create your pokemon/item.

6A. If it is a pokemon, go to your party. Select the pokemon, and hit debug. Scroll down till you see Make Mystery Gift. Follow the steps there.

6B. If it is an item, go to your bag. Find the item, select it, and select Make Mystery Gift. Fill in the details again.

7. Now that you have created your Mystery Gifts, exit out of the menu. Select Debug in the normal ESC Menu( You know, where you can see Bag, Pokemon, Pokedex, etc.)

8. Scroll down till you see Manage Mystery Gifts. It will say searching for Mystery Gifts, and it might bug. Hopefully not though.

9. When it loads, select the Mystery Gift you made earlier from this menu, and select Toggle On/Off. You should now see an X indicating the Mystery Gift is active. Now, go back to the menu, and save your game. If you did everything correctly, you should see a new file in your Game's folder called MysteryGiftMaster.txt. Open it, and copy everything in there.

10. Go back to PasteBin, and replace everything you wrote in the paste with the new text you copied. It might look like a bunch of random stuff, but I think its encrypted.

11. Save your paste. Go into your RMXP game, and just to test, create a new event. Make the graphic something you can interact with. For the events code, put a script code in there, with the code: $Trainer.mysterygiftaccess=true

12. Now load another Playtest. Find the event you put that code in, and it should enable. Save the game, and close it. Start another playtest. Mystery Gift option should sow up at the menu. WHen you select it, it should show the options you toggled on from the toggle on/off.

Lemme know if anything happens.

-Pokegod7020

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
    I made the same mistake of doing that. However, I soon realized, Private means nobody or nothing can access it without the login credentials. The Mystery Gift System doesn't have credential based login things, so it cant login to Pastebin and automatically find the file. I would recommend Unlisted, if you don't want anybody to find your file and hack it.

Back