• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fixing AdvanceText Errors

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
    Introduction

Hello, everyone. You may know me from a few posts around the forums, or from chatting with me on either of my accounts (this one, or the old one, to elaborate). I've been interested in ROM hacking for almost five years now, and I've been practicing it for about two. But, that's neither here nor there.

One of the staple tools, though not used much by the more "serious" hackers these days, is AdvanceText. It's been around since the beginning for me, and I like to think I know my way around it at least somewhat, no matter how little I use it now.

I was really surprised to find that there were no functional text tutorials about fixing this bug around. I did a few cursory searches on here as well just to confirm that nothing existed already pertaining to this, so I decided to make one myself! Just in case this isn't obvious, this will be a very text-heavy and image-heavy tutorial, so make sure to be clearly focused and energetic enough when you start this process. I hope it's helpful.

Now, formalities aside, it's time to get down to business.

Navigation

1. Downloading AdvanceText
    2. Why AdvanceText Won't Work
    3. Fixing AdvanceText

1. Downloading AdvanceText

Spoiler:

2. Why AdvanceText Won't Work

Spoiler:

3. Fixing AdvanceText

Spoiler:

Closing

I really do hope that this tutorial was helpful, and cleared some odd things up for people. Though I no longer use or encourage the serious use of AdvanceText, it can be quite fun to play around with, and I hope that everyone enjoys the help this brings.

If you have any questions (or compliments), feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
    Years
    Nice Tutorial, I actually found a video on youtube about 4 months ago!

That's good! For some reason I couldn't find any dirt on it but that may have been because I wrote this when I was supposed to be asleep. I hope it was helpful for you? I'm only going to use A-Text for one thing anyway, but I figured this would be good to write out.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    That's good! For some reason I couldn't find any dirt on it but that may have been because I wrote this when I was supposed to be asleep. I hope it was helpful for you? I'm only going to use A-Text for one thing anyway, but I figured this would be good to write out.

I only used it for the Intro Because im lazy

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Welp.. the title is a bit wrong.
    I mean, it says "errors" and this only fix 1 simple error, while, for example, you didn't explained how to fix another errors like the "The text pointer wasn't found!" one.. meh.

Back