• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Method Error while warping.

SuperJanBro

Renegade
Years
Okay, well, I've been getting a really strange (But extremely annoying) error whenever I warp to two certain maps.
b87c732be02fcdcf1a27ea99dd682c60.png

It's very weird because it only does this with certain warps. (Yes I've tried deleting/making new warps)
Incidentally, these maps are connected to other maps, so at first I created a backup version of the map and deleted every event to make sure it wasn't just a mess up.
However, this error still persists. Whenever I delete the connection and then warp, everything is fine. So I'm not sure what to do...
And advice?

Years
I've seen several people reporting this, on multiple versions of essentials, but I've never really seen a consensus on how exactly to fix it. Try finding this
Code:
def command_end
    # Clear list of event commands
    @list = nil
    # If main map event and event ID are valid
    if @main and @event_id > 0
      # Unlock event
      $game_map.events[@event_id].unlock
    end
  end
and change it to this
Code:
def command_end
    @list = nil
    if @main and @event_id > 0 && $game_map.events[@event_id]
      # Unlock event
    end
  end
Let me know what happens. I think this will bypass that error at least, but I'm unsure of what exactly the results will be afterwards. It seems to be some weird result of the Interpreter trying to do something to the transfer event, which is no longer within $game_map.

SuperJanBro

Renegade
Years
I've seen several people reporting this, on multiple versions of essentials, but I've never really seen a consensus on how exactly to fix it. Try finding this
Code:
def command_end
    @list = nil
      # Unlock event
    end
  end
and change it to this
Code:
def command_end
    @list = nil
      # Unlock event
    end
  end
Let me know what happens. I think this will bypass that error at least, but I'm unsure of what exactly the results will be afterwards. It seems to be some weird result of the Interpreter trying to do something to the transfer event, which is no longer within $game_map.
Thanks a lot. That worked!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen today
Code:
def command_end
    @list = nil
      # Unlock event
    end
  end
and change it to this
Code:
def command_end
    @list = nil
      # Unlock event
    end
  end

Where do I find this?

Back