• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I put the trainer mugshot in front of everything ala 6th Gen?

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    I tried to replicate the "start of Trainer battle" effect from the 6th gen games, but I got this:
    5mHkOYy.png

What I did is:
    First, I add this function to line 1326 of PSystem_Utilities
    :
    Code:
    def pbTrainerMugshotFile(type)
      return nil if !type
      bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Characters/trmugshot%s",getConstantName(PBTrainers,type)) rescue nil
      if !pbResolveBitmap(bitmapFileName)
        bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Characters/trmugshot%03d",type)
      end
      return bitmapFileName
    end
    I then changed the FOETRAINER_X and FOETRAINER_Y constants to:
    Code:
    FOETRAINER_X      = (Graphics.width / 2)
    FOETRAINER_Y      = (Graphics.height * 3/4)
    In PokeBattle_Scene, line 1888, I changed it to:
    Code:
    trainerfile=pbTrainerMugshotFile(@battle.opponent.trainertype)
    How do I fix this? Does it have to do with the @viewport thing?
    Edit: I got an error after changing @viewport to a number.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Can't you just modify Luka S.J.'s versus script (found here) to use different images? I believe that script shows it before initiating the battle script.

It might run before the transition, in which case you'll have the call the script right after. (I don't have access to essentials right now so I can't check it)

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Can't you just modify Luka S.J.'s versus script (found here) to use different images? I believe that script shows it before initiating the battle script.

It might run before the transition, in which case you'll have the call the script right after. (I don't have access to essentials right now so I can't check it)

That tutorial is way outdated, and I already made a new VS script which comes in stock essentials. Better to edit that.

Back