• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ultrasound

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    Pokemon Ultrasound

Motivation for this game

I started this hack after hearing about the death of Iwata, pokemon being my first video game of my childhood. This game centers around the pokemon breeding mechanic which is my favorite thing to do in any pokemon game. Ultrasound seemed like a good name for a pokemon game about babies. ;)

When I play pokemon, I spend the majority of the time breeding pokemon. I was IV training and EV training in the original silver and gold, before it was cool. {XD}

I had an idea a long time ago to change the way that evolutions work for pokemon. Rather than having most pokemon evolve from leveling-up they would instead evolve through breeding. The way that it'd work is that for pokemon that have 3 stages to evolution (with the exception of a few), the wild pokemon would be stage 2 pokemon. The logic here is that wild pokemon are really tough but can't evolve. However, if you were to catch a male + female you can then take them to the daycare and get a stage 1 pokemon. A pokemon that's initially much weaker than the stage 2 parents, but that evolves into a stage 3 pokemon after careful training by you the pokemon trainer.

Game Mechanic Hack
    This is a game mechanic hack. As such the changes to the game don't change the story line. You will meet the same trainers and fight the same gym leaders. I will not be showing off any screen shots, because there is nothing that I could show in a screen shot that would look different than the official game.

However, this game plays differently from the standard pokemon playthrough. You'll find that your party will be constantly changing. (much more than your standard pokemon game)

Mostly Complete, But Open to Suggestions

I'm happy to announce that all the major features are complete. But I will be taking user suggestions for additional improvements.

Features

• Evolutions
    • Pokemon with 3 Stages evolve differently. Stage 2 is found in the wild, you breed the stage 2 to get an egg, the egg is a stage 1, stage 1 evolves how stage 2 to stage 3 would generally evolve.
    • Example 1: Pidgeotto is found in the wild, Pidgeotto won't evolve at any level. Pidgeotto lays an egg. Pidgey comes out of the egg. Pidgey evolves to Pidgeot after reaching the correct level.
    • Stage 3 Pokemon evolve to final stage 10 levels early and at latest level 30.
    • Pokemon with 2 Stages lay eggs of the evolved pokemon.
    • Example 2: Ratatta is found in the wild, Rattata won't evolve at any level. Rattata lays an egg with Raticate.
    • Pokemon that required trades now require happiness or stones to evolve
    • I put the daycare in Route 102 to give the player immediate access

• Balance
    • increased accuracy for status effects
    • high end status moves learned early on
    • slight increased damage for many of the weakest moves.
    • slight decreased damage for many of the strongest moves.
    • decreased experience required to level to 800,000 for anything above 800,000
    • decreased steps required to hatch an egg to 1250 steps for all eggs.

• Gyms
    • All gym leaders have 6 pokemon (The 6 pokemon are the same 6 that you would fight in Emerald after the 4th battle)
    • Gym leader's pokemon moves are the moves the pokemon would use if they were lvl 100.
    • Gym leader's pokemon levels are not higher and in the case of the first gym, are in fact lower (but are very difficult regardless).

• Wild Pokemon
    • Generation 1 - 3 Pokemon can be found in the wild
    • 2 percent chance to fight a pokemon that is twice the level of pokemon generally found in that area.
    • Rare pokemon are much less rare (2 rare pokemon per location, each has a %15 percent chance to be found) No more wondering around the grass for 30 minutes hoping to catch that rare pokemon

• Special Conditions for evolution
    • Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Nincada evolve the same as they do in the original
    • Nidoran (f) to Nidoqueen with Moon Stone
    • Nidoran (m) to Nidoking with Moon Stone
    • Oddish to Vileplume with Leaf Stone
    • Gloom to Bellosum with Sun Stone
    • Poliwag to Poliwrath with Water Stone
    • Poliwag to Politoed with Happiness
    • Abra to Alakazam with Happiness
    • Ghastly to Gengar with Happiness
    • Machop to Machamp with Happiness
    • Bellsprout to Victreebel with Leaf Stone
    • Geodude to Golem with Happiness
    • Pichu to Raichu with Happiness
    • Cleffa to Clefable with Happiness
    • Igglybuff to Wigglytuff with Happiness
    • Lotad to Ludicolo with Water Stone
    • Seedot to Shiftry with Leaf Stone
    • Zubat to Crobat with Happiness
    • Onix to Steelix with Happiness
    • Horsea to Kingdra with Water Stone
    • Porygon to Porygon 2 with Happiness
    • Slowpoke to Slowking with Water Stone
    • Syther to scizor with Sun Stone
    • Azurill to Azumarill with happiness
    • Clamperl to Huntail with Happiness (Day)
    • Clamperl to Gorebyss with Happiness (Night)

• Pokemon with heavily changed movesets
    • shedinja
    • removed(harden, leech life, sand attack, scratch, mind reader, air cutter, confuse ray, grudge, spite)
    • added(endure, camoflage, minimize, mean look, conversion, fury swipes, destiny bond, shadow
    • -----
    • kecleon
    • removed(tail whip, lick, thief, bind, faint attack, fury swipes, scratch)
    • added(tail glow, assist, metronome, natures power, night shade, punch, encore)
    • -----
    • vigoroth
    • removed(scratch, encore, focus energy, endure)
    • added(rock smash, bulk up, safe guard, mimic)
    • -----
    • slaking
    • removed(scratch, encore, focus energy, amnesia, swagger)
    • added(rock smash, bulk up, safe guard, hyper beam, role play)

Pokemon Ultrasound
    Starter Pokemon are stage 2 (you'll need an egg before you'll get to the stage 3)
    Pokemon Ultrasound
    Better status moves (Because Leer, Growl, and Tail Whip are useless)
    Pokemon Ultrasound
    Gym Leaders have 6 pokemon. They're no push-overs, but use type advantages to get ahead.
    Pokemon Ultrasound
    Daycare has been moved to Route 102. Use it!

Last edited:
    Years
  • seems like a fun idea :D

but yeah speaking of the breedin and what not, dittos works right? when it comes to a partner and what not (since i caught a ralts and gardevoir is preety damn good XD )

becuase i see them in most routes so far (making my way to the first gym btw) so i wanna know if im settled for that whole "finding a suitable partner" and some such XD (atleast for the most part.... formality or whatever)

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    Not only is ditto available, but he's in the field right next to the daycare. You won't be able to pass moves down with ditto. FYI.

Years
  • Not only is ditto available, but he's in the field right next to the daycare. You won't be able to pass moves down with ditto. FYI.

gotcha :D and yeah i noticed,every second mon is a ditto out there preety much XD interesting choises with the new movesets btw

did not expect the starters XD especialy tail glow combusken >.>

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    It's like I told the other Mod before I posted. I don't know what you want me to take a picture of. The changes are in game mechanics not graphics.

Years
  • It's like I told the other Mod before I posted. I don't know what you want me to take a picture of. The changes are in game mechanics not graphics.

I discussed with Christos and it seems to be fine, but I'd still recommend taking screenshots of, for example, the Pokémon with moves that they can't usually learn, or of the ability to use certain Stones to evolve Pokémon which can't usually.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    A ruby hack? Rather pointless because even with the emphasis on breeding the EV training means would still be a horrendous pain in the ass without the EV reducing berries from emerald, not to mention that emerald has a better post-game (unless you have something planned there). I'll keep my eyes open all the same but so far the fact this is a ruby hack alone doesn't really wow me sad to say. Still its a great tribute to Iwata, keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    I should have made it an Emerald hack, it was just me grabbing the first one that I thought of, then realizing to late that it should have been emerald. I intend to remake this as an Emerald hack even, I've just been busy with work lately.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    This attachment bug is really stupid now. Every single thread you want do download something it's gone. Done.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    Can someone help me!!! I downloaded the file to my dropbox, but it only says attachment and I can't open it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2022
    Can someone help me!!! I downloaded the file to my dropbox, but it only says attachment and I can't open it.

Yeah, likewise, trying to download it directly just takes me to what seems like a trolly "clear.gif" page, with no download option.

I saw someone mention something about the forum, and how Attachments never work; is this what they were referring to? If so, I'm very disappointed. This was the first Pokemon Hack that really seized my interest! :-/

Back