• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Hierarchy Version

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
IBC GAMES Presents...
hierarchy_by_peetzaahhh2010_d94g0j7_1.png

THE PALEM REGION

Engine:RPGMAKER XP
and Pokemon Essentials Version 16

DUNA.png
INTRODUCTION
DUN.png

Spoiler:

Indegent_Girl.png
STORY
Indigent_grunts_2.png

Spoiler:

FEATURES (more to come)
Spoiler:

Boy_rival.png
SCREENSHOTS
Female_Rival_2.png

Spoiler:

FAKEMON
Spoiler:

CHARACTERS
(to be updated)
Spoiler:

RECRUITMENT (OPEN)
Spoiler:

CREDITS
Spoiler:

Links

Support Banner:

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
The way you took a screenshot of the map, it's hard to get a real feel for it, but from what I can see it needs work.

You have tight space in some areas which is good, there isn't too much waste, but at the same time you spend much of your space filled with excess of decoration while leaving others like the bottom barren. You, in a town, should never use as many different buildings as you have, every house should have a consistent style, with one or 2 different ones for special areas like a professor lab for example, or a pkmn school - this excludes things like a mart and pc.

You have tight areas, areas that are too tight, like the hedges breaking up the flow of the map. In most cases it leaves 1-2 tile space which is really bad for a town. There is also no real direction or flow to the map, I don't get an idea of what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go, just looking at it I'm pretty confused, the multitude of houses doesn't help either.

If you removed the right wall of the hedges near the bottom and moves the houses up, you could change the shape of the town to be less disjointed and more spacious to fix the weird flow of the map, but it would still lack direction. you could probably remove 1 or 2 houses and expand that pond a bit more to make it more peaceful and make that a relaxing park like area. I also would make the PC at the center of town, a PC does not have to be at the center, but it's a neat idea that helps shape your town when you have a difficult time trying to find the right design for a town.

Diverging from this, your premise is a bit shakey. I'm not a fan of the whole political scheme you're going for with "rich vs poor" but it leads to an interesting idea with manipulation and conspiracy. On the surface, the idea of "you need a pokemon to become rich and live happy" is stupid, there's no 2 ways about it. But the idea that this "legend" exists to manipulate and control the poor, in an attempt to distract them and keep them occupied is a good story arc that branches from this. However this isn't enough, you need more - I can't say much as I don't know your story and wouldn't be able to help much, but I know this wont cut it, it sounds awkward and forced and an attempt to be edgy.

Finally, don't mix 5th gen sprites with anything, especially different tiles. Not only are 5th gen OW's nearly impossible to pull off, I know this game wont be able to do it. I have seen very few games that have pristine OW's and even less that use good 5th gen OW's - there aren't any resources out there for people - at least not yet (I'm working on it) but seriously, 5th gen isn't a good style, stick to a consistent 4th gen OW.

sverre712

Ummmmmmm...
Years
So. i disagree to the fact "game making is not for you" but if you want to make a game you will need to improve your mapping skill greatly. Atomic reactor has a great video toturial series on How to make a pokemon game. i think his second episode is about mapping. Try to get more experienced in mapping becouse it will need to be upgraded. The sprites are good and those 32:32 tiles look good. If i where you i woud hang on whit the style you have but mabey try a other type of overworld (32x32 preferably) Also love that logo!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
This seems like a cool concept, its very forward thinking and there's a lot of commentary about the state of the economy with the rich and the poor.

But dude. You have GOT to stop harassing other game devs on twitter and interrupting streams. Like you have GOT to stop it. You're going to hurt yourself and your game more than help.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
This seems like a cool concept, its very forward thinking and there's a lot of commentary about the state of the economy with the rich and the poor.

But dude. You have GOT to stop harassing other game devs on twitter and interrupting streams. Like you have GOT to stop it. You're going to hurt yourself and your game more than help.

When I was on the team he expected me to just work on the game and do nothing else. That's why me and Twist left. It isn't gonna help the game if you act like that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hello. I have updated this thread for the better. It is more clean for everyone interested in this fangame. Thank you. And see you another time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hello everyone this is a map of route one. I will accept feedback on this.
map_by_yellowbanana567-d9u6lm7.png

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
The map looks okay. It could use a little more work. My only comment on it is to take the rocks and logs off of the paths. A well worn path probably wouldn't have obstructions like that on it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hello everyone this is an updated version of the map. Constructive criticism is deeply appreciated.
Map.png

^above comment. It is a like a naturally made path. Only part of it is actually man made. But I may consider doing that thank you!

IMPORTANT NEWS.

We are recruiting.

Jobs needed:

Pixel Animator
Music Composer
Tile Spriter

Please PM me with your qualifications if you are interested in any of these positions! Thank you! And you see you guys again another time!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Hello everyone, I am here with another update. This is the map of the Pokemon Center in the poor parts of the region. Please I would really want some feedback on this!

Pokemart_Pokecenter.png

Last edited:
Years
The Pokemon Center Map looks like too spacy or it needs be smaller or you need to add
more stuff but I think it would be better to make it smaller.
By the way if you are the one that made those tilesets or whoever made them the dark colors should be from top to bottom not from bottom to top. I mean the Poke center desk(however it is named I wish I'm clear enough) the gray parts.

Back