• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How do you expand items in firered?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Move the item table from 0x3DB028 to free space. Should be (375 items)(44 bytes/item). Repoint all pointers to it. Do the same for image and palette pointers at 0x3D4294, except entries are 8 bytes each (4 for each of them).

Code:
    .equ item_limit, #0x___ //CHANGE TO ITEM LIMIT

.org 0x09A8A4:
    	lsl r0, r0, #0x10
    	lsr r0, r0, #0x10
    	ldr r1, =item_limit
    	cmp r1, r0
    	bge return
    	mov r0, #0x0
    return:
    	bx lr
    .pool

@0x098998:
    Change word to new number of items.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Thanks! I'll be sure to keep this handy.
    I'm guessing you already know this, but I'm quoting you just in case. I happened to be attempting to expand items in a test ROM and failed when I followed my own directions from this thread :P If you directly followed what I said, you probably would have had image errors for items beyond ~188. When I first expanded items, I made a little notepad file. I very intelligently wrote "img pal pointers" instead of the far more useful "image AND palette" pointers. So that second table is actually 8 bytes for each item. Hope that didn't cause issues! I've amended my earlier post.

Substitute Doll

An Alolan Exeggutor
    Years
  • I'm guessing you already know this, but I'm quoting you just in case. I happened to be attempting to expand items in a test ROM and failed when I followed my own directions from this thread :P If you directly followed what I said, you probably would have had image errors for items beyond ~188. When I first expanded items, I made a little notepad file. I very intelligently wrote "img pal pointers" instead of the far more useful "image AND palette" pointers. So that second table is actually 8 bytes for each item. Hope that didn't cause issues! I've amended my earlier post.
    Actually, I never knew this, I just wanted to know how.

Back