• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• Haruta & Chika
    Anime adaptation of the Haruchika Series novels by Sei Hatsuno which revolve around two high school students named Haruta and Chika, who are members of a wind instrument club that is on the verge of being shut down. The two are childhood friends, and they spend their days practicing hard while also trying to recruit new members. When a certain incident happens within their school, they work together to solve it.

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jan 7, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Winter 2016
    Broadcast: Unknown
    Producers: Lantis, Glovision
    Licensors: FUNimation Entertainment
    Studios: P.A. Works
    Source: Novel
    Genres: Mystery, Romance, School, Slice of Life
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Cast:
    Sarah Emi Bridcutt as Chika Homura
    Sōma Saitō as Haruta Kamijō

Asami Seto as Naoko Serizawa
    Chiaki Omigawa as Kae Asahina
    Emi Miyajima as Sae Asahina
    Haruka Chisuga as Miyoko Narushima
    Natsuki Hanae as Shinjirō Kusakabe
    Nobuhiko Okamoto as Sakaiyū Hiyama
    Nobunaga Shimazaki as Maren Sei
    Seiichirō Yamashita as Keisuke Katagiri
    Yuki Yamada as Akari Gotō

Staff:
    Director: Masakazu Hashimoto
    Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
    Music: Shiroh Hamaguchi
    Original creator: Sei Hatsuno
    Original Character Design: Namaniku ATK (Nitro+)
    Character Design: Asako Nishida
    Art Director: Ayumi Satō
    Chief Animation Director: Yurie Oohigashi
    Animation Director: Noboru Sugimitsu (instruments)
    Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Glovision)
    Cgi Director: Yōhei Hirata
    Director of Photography: Satoshi Namiki

Color Key: Katsue Inoue
    Editing: Ayumu Takahashi
    Music producer: Terunari Yoshie
    Sound Effects: Katsuhiro Nakano
    Theme Song Performance:
    ChouCho (ED)
    fhána (OP)

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Oh, I heard from the author due to his work "Taishutsu geimu". Saldy I haven't found any translation for his works, so this is a good start :)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • This is a P.A Works animu so I'm definitely watching it for that alone. XD; I'm a big fan of their production quality. Despite Charlotte and some of their other previous shows being nothing more than disappointments, I'm still hoping for something really great to come from them!

Besides, the character designs remind me of Chaika. And that can't be a bad thing. XD;

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    (Spoilers ahead, like, really)
    Spoiler:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • So much mad my internet died as I was posting this and now I had to retype this -.-

Spoiler: Episode 1

It was an okay and solid episode that I did enjoy, Was kinda sad that it wasn't a murder mystery where I could play the "let me guess who's gonna die first" game. Nevertheless I still did enjoy a nice watch and the fact that the mysteries aren't going to be murder ones intrigues me.

What I thought was going to be the usual and cliche "dying message" written in blood on the music score, turned out to be red paint speaking a love letter which I wasn't expecting.
    What more I wasn't expecting Haruta to be openly gay about his love for sensei - that really took me off guard.

Character design was simply okay, but I did like the music.

Animation was on the okay side. Know a lot of people have been comparing this to hibike euphonium (despite me not having watched it, I know the animation for that is pretty incredible). However HaruChika loses in the lack of fine detail that Hibiki has in terms of animating facial movements and lip movements when playing their instruments.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
  • Animation was on the okay side. Know a lot of people have been comparing this to hibike euphonium (despite me not having watched it, I know the animation for that is pretty incredible). However HaruChika loses in the lack of fine detail that Hibiki has in terms of animating facial movements and lip movements when playing their instruments.
    But Hibike was KyoAni and this is P.A. Works. P.A Works are really good, yes, but they aren't KyoAni level yet. KyoAni are the kings when it comes to adding finesse and details that you can really appreciate if you watch stuff closely.

P. A. Works still has a good while to go before they can match KyoAni's works. Even if P.A. Works are, in general, REALLY good (look at Nagi no Asukara to see what I mean. Or even Hanasaku Iroha or EVEN Charlotte which was a disaster from a story perspective but looked great visually) they still ain't no KyoAni :p

As for my impressions from first episode - it was interesting. Nothing went according to my expectations lol - I thought this was gonna be like Hibike but it seems like it'll be borrowing elements from Hyouka and Hibike both. I like Chika quite a bit. And the twist with Haruta at the end was interesting, to say the least. It has me onboard for now, at least. Here's to hope the story wraps up nicely though and doesn't end up being a train-wreck like Charlotte did. :s

I like their eyes, btw. The character eyes. Definitely haven't seen anything like that coloring before for eyes. :p

derozio

Years

I hope this episodic thingy is just character set up, because really, it was utterly boring.
    Was it? ;____;

Idk gurl. I liked it. I found it interesting how they used a real-world problem among chinese as a plot point. And the whole section where the play was being used to
    Spoiler:
    was done really well too, I felt.

I mean, nothing has made me go "wow, this is really neat!" so far. But it isn't like it has bored me to death either.

For your question though - I have a feeling we're gonna get episodic mysteries like these till the very end. Each based on certain characters. And then we'll get that orchestra scene that happens in the first episode. Standard slice of life stuff with episodic mysteries, basically.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • One episode to go... The episodic format was terrible.
    I don't think is a bad show, it exceeds expectations in animation, music, and other fields. However the reason why I watched this show which is the mystery was really lacking, in my honest opinion, reason why I don't think it's more than a 6 out of 10.

Back