• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Abilities

Years
  • Like other generations since 3rd Gen, we got a bunch of new abilities introduced in 5th Gen, some that weren't great and others that made older Pokemon significantly buffed. That said, what were your fave abilities from this generation?

Remember that this is for discussing abilities introduced in 5th Gen only!

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Victory Star! The Signature ability of Victini. Makes all moves used by Victini (and its allies) have 10% more accuracy. Super useful in double and triple battles, albeit I'm not sure if it works if its just in the party... Should look into that! :3

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Looking through that list I see so many good ones; it's hard to believe they were introduced in gen 5 when they feel as though they've been around forever! The competitive player in me especially loves Moxie, Overcoat, Defiant, and Prankster... The gimmicky player in me goes for Big Pecks, Mummy, and Illusion...

And the Archeops-lover in me cries at the sight of Defeatist.

Back