• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Coffee Guy Rants

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Name/character pending! Open to other suggestions, as well as specific article ideas for this (especially gen-1 themed ideas rn - maybe say complaining about the rby re-release?)

This is an article series pitch. Bunch of silly, ranty articles. Each is written from the POV of a character in the 'old angry man, "back in my day"' style rant. There's a few examples r I wrote elsewhere (example among others linked below that one) based on the tutorial guy in RBY in Viridian (who I called Coffee Guy because you meet him passed out due to a "lack of coffee"...sure). Article examples there included ranting about game remakes (so some meta entries) and why there's too many Poke Balls according to the character.

Example cover image if I do use the same character:
    34.png

I think if I ported/wrote more of those articles, I wouldn't use capslock in the article (maybe just bigger font size?). This is also different from the conspiracy theory set of articles - he'll just complain about things. rather than present theories.

Back