• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goodbye To All My Data

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    I bought a memory card not made by Nintendo about 3 years ago. It was over 1000 blocks and only costs $30. I bought it an nothing went wrong, I saved all my good files on it. But now I have to format it or else my gmaes are deleted forever! It won't work unless I format it. What do I do???

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    This is why I don't like to get off brand stuff unless I really have to.
    The best thing I can thing of is, if you or someone you know has another MC move the files to that one (see if it works, I don't think it will). And then format it and move all the files back.
    I never tried it or read it anywhere so I don't know if it will work.

Anyway this goes in Other Games.
    *Moved*

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    This is why I don't like to get off brand stuff unless I really have to.
    The best thing I can thing of is, if you or someone you know has another MC move the files to that one (see if it works, I don't think it will). And then format it and move all the files back.
    I never tried it or read it anywhere so I don't know if it will work.

Anyway this goes in Other Games.
    *Moved*

I tried to move it to my other memory card, but it won't even read the date! I hope some of my friends could copy their date to mine.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DeathScape said:
    I tried to move it to my other memory card, but it won't even read the date! I hope some of my friends could copy their date to mine.
    If it won't read the MC then you'll have to format the card. Because as far as I know there's no way to get in there to the data if it doesn't read it.
    It's just always best to have a backup card with the files you like the best on it. I got 3 cards, one of them holds a backup file for my main games. The dates are older and so on but I still got the file, but if my main one gets corrupted I got a backup and I just got to copy it to the main one.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    If it won't read the MC then you'll have to format the card. Because as far as I know there's no way to get in there to the data if it doesn't read it.
    It's just always best to have a backup card with the files you like the best on it. I got 3 cards, one of them holds a backup file for my main games. The dates are older and so on but I still got the file, but if my main one gets corrupted I got a backup and I just got to copy it to the main one.

I have a 59 backup memory card. But it only has some of my best games. It will never give my Super Smash Bros. stats back. My 120 shine sprites from Mario Sunshine. My stars on Mario Party 6. I almost unlocked every thing on that! But I guess I got to start over. :(

Dark Sora

Banned
    Years
    This happened to me, with my PS2 memory card. It got messed up because of this demo disk that I got in the mail from Playstation Underground. One of the games on the demo was corrupted and messed up all of my memory. So I had to format my memory card.It sucks, having to do everything all over again. I had 5 years worth of memory on that. *snaps demo in half*

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Wow that stinks, I hope it don't happen to mine, is yours one of the 64 MB ones, if so who made it ^^;. I hope it doesn't happen to mine.

Pokemon_Veteran

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Dark Sora said:
    This happened to me, with my PS2 memory card. It got messed up because of this demo disk that I got in the mail from Playstation Underground. One of the games on the demo was corrupted and messed up all of my memory. So I had to format my memory card.It sucks, having to do everything all over again. I had 5 years worth of memory on that. *snaps demo in half*

Yeah, but I didn't get a new game when this happened.

Years
    Your only option will to be to format. But first, try blowing into the card, that sometimes worked on my n64 and PS2

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Stuff not made by companies that make the system rarely work well. I bought a Pelican (I think) brand wavebird controller that had rumble, and when I tried it it thought the neutral position for the control stick was as if you were pulling it towards you even though I didn't touch it when I turned on my GCN.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Shinin said:
    Stuff not made by companies that make the system rarely work well. I bought a Pelican (I think) brand wavebird controller that had rumble, and when I tried it it thought the neutral position for the control stick was as if you were pulling it towards you even though I didn't touch it when I turned on my GCN.

I had one made by the same company who made my same memory card. The controlling did not work well and was big and it ending braking when I took good care of it.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Who made yours, I want to know XD. Hopefully it isn't the same company that made my memory card XD

Pokemon_Veteran

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    cmatz0 said:
    i have a mad catz and have never had a single problem. that sucks, thou.

I didn't have that many problems until now. It would sometimes not read the memory card, but I didn't care that much.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Dark Sora said:

Hey, that happened to my friend one time..... never to me though. ( Only game he played on it was Viewtiful Joe, that was the corrupted game.) He hates VJ now XD

Anyway, you are gonna have to format it, no choice for ya there. I hate secondhand brands, I got a wireless contoller for the PS2 less then a month ago, and it was from this brand called Hip Gear. The Control Stick went out of place one day, and the stick would not work. In less than a month...... cheap crap.
    EDIT:

DeathScape said:
    It's a long black memory card with a white I on it.

Ok..... my memory card for the 'Cube looks exactly like that, I got it as a Christmas present, and I replaced my 59mb one....... I better watch out.
    It's only 250mb though.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i had that problem once...it neva let me save on it...totally lost all old data
    i suppose you might have to just start ya files again.

my one was ps2 or ps1

Back