• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Blue's Revenge

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Hi, everyone! So I was inspired to write this by the glorious ROM hack Gary's Mod, although I added a bit of other stuff as well. You'll see if you continue reading. Also, we should totally ship Blue and Lyra.

Evidence: Blue asks to take a picture with Lyra, but not with Kris. He does ask Ethan too, but only in the gen 4 remakes. So... every time you play as Lyra, he'll ask.

1. Mt. Silver
    I stared into the cave. A gust of cold air exited the opening and blasted me in the face, ruffling my immaculate hair. The wild Pokémon I had encountered climbing up the mountain were relatively easy to beat, owing to my own Pokémon's high levels, but I knew that the real test was about to begin. I healed all my Pokémon to perfect health with the cartload of items I'd brought. Holding my breath, I stepped into the last cave.
    A solitary figure leaned on the other side of the chamber. His eyes betrayed an almost imperceptible start of surprise at my entrance, but it immediately faded back into the solemn, emotionless expression he had before. I slid my hand to my belt, and he did the same.
    You are challenged by PKMN Trainer Red!
    Even from the style of throwing his Poké Ball… you could tell he was truly a great trainer. I decided to use Onix. We drew and threw almost simultaneously, creating a sort of strange and disturbing harmony. He sent out Blastoise. I cursed silently. Bad luck? Or could he predict what Pokémon I was going to use from my body language? Onix was only able to chip away a bit of his Blastoise's health before it was knocked out by a Hydro Cannon.
    Meanwhile, from the Pokémon's point of view:
    Rocky grimaced as he stared at his water-type opponent. He didn't blame his master; how could she have known that the enemy human was going to summon this? He knew that he couldn't win, but he decided to try his best. ",Double-Edge!" shouted his master. He understood it as Double-Edge, and attacked. He smashed into the Blastoise, sending it staggering backwards a few steps. When he saw the Hydro Cannon coming, he knew it was over. He could feel his segments weakening as the ice-cold water seeped into his joints, and he fainted.
    Back to normal
    Next, I sent out Pikachu, which made short work of the Blastoise. Red whipped out another Poké Ball and sent out Venusaur without a moment's hesitation. Pikachu's electric attacks were not that effective against the grass-type Venusaur, so it fainted well before Venusaur would have. I was beginning to worry that my initial disadvantage would cost me the battle.
    Pokémon's POV
    Arkios grinned as he defeated Blastoise with a single Thunder. That was easy, he thought to himself. However, his smug smile faded when he saw the towering Venusaur that glowered at him next. The only non-electric-type move he knew was Slam… he didn't even need his master's directions to use it. He performed it three times before two Solar Beams defeated him. He didn't even have time to feel any pain with the second one; all he saw was a bright flash.
    Back to normal
    I tossed Murkrow's Poké Ball into the air next. Just like before, Murkrow quickly defeated Venusaur solely because of its type advantage, but it was on pretty low health by the time Red sent out Charizard. The two beautiful Pokémon soared up to the ceiling of the cave, so that Red and I had to crane our necks up to see how the battle was going.
    Pokémon's POV
    Korbinia was determined to at least beat the Venusaur in front of her. A couple of Wing Attacks did the trick. She flapped her wings proudly as she saw him collapse, even though she'd sustained quite a bit of damage herself, and readied them for flight as soon as she saw the majestic wingspan of Charizard form out of the plasma of its Poké Ball. She soared gracefully up with the Charizard, hoping that she would magically win. Despite her much lesser mass, she was swifter than him, and quickly obeyed when she heard her master's orders. ",Sucker Punch!"
    Critical Hit!
    Korbinia squawked in delight. Charizard's health was down by more than half. "Looks like I underestimated you, pipsqueak." Muttered the Charizard. She grinned in response, and kept it on her face even when the Flare Blitz singed her feathers and sent her plummeting to the ground.
    Back to normal
    My only sensible choice right now was Feraligatr, who dispatched Charizard with a single well-aimed Hydro Pump. Red sent out… Pikachu. His starter, the strongest and most famous (not Legendary) Pokémon in all the regions, and now I was facing it. My Feraligatr was my strongest too, but still, a faint shadow of doubt lingered in my heart. Feraligatr had a type disadvantage…
    Pokémon's POV
    Crushr had been waiting for this moment for many years. He, his master's first and strongest, versus Red's strongest. He'd never look down on little Pokémon in disdain again; this Pikachu looked like, well, a normal Pikachu on the outside, but he knew it was much more. "My name is Pika," introduced the Pikachu. "You may have heard of me in your travels."
    "Indeed, I have," Crushr replied. "My name is Crushr."
    "Let us begin." Announced Pika. Crushr was no match for the nimble rodent in speed; his only hope was his greater physical strength. Pika started off with a crippling Thunderbolt, Already heavily injuring Crushr. He had several non-water-type moves, and he waited for the order to use one of them.
    ",Superpower!" he heard, and responded accordingly. He grabbed the Pikachu in his powerful jaws and flung him across the cave. Pika looked a little scuffed up, but nowhere near fainting. Another Thunder reduced Crushr to a tiny sliver of HP, but he pulled through.
    ",Thrash!" Crushr swung his giant tail furiously, and knocked Pika harshly in Red's direction. He smashed into the opposite wall of the cave. For a second, Crushr thought he had won, against all odds, but Pika staggered upright once more.
    "I'm sorry, master… I failed you…" Crushr whispered as the final Thunderbolt streaked towards him.
    Back to normal
    I grimaced as I returned Feraligatr to its Poké Ball. I had two more Pokémon, but Red's last two were probably all stronger than mine. Everything went quickly from that point on. I sent Eevee out and it defeated Pikachu, whereupon Red sent out Snorlax. Snorlax defeated Eevee with quite a bit of damage to itself, and Paras defeated with only minor injuries. Red sent out his last Pokémon: Lapras.
    Pokémon's POV
    Norman stared at the Pikachu, who was on the brink of passing out. "Are-are you Pika?" he asked cautiously.
    "Yes, I am," nodded Pika. "and now—finish me off with grace, please." Norman nodded, rather in awe of the famous Pikachu he'd heard so much about in his travels. A simple Quick Attack did the trick. The next Pokémon rather frightened Norman: it was much, much larger than he. His Double-Edges and Take Downs had almost no effect on the gargantuan blob of fat before him, but his Last Resort did successfully injure the Snorlax. Snorlax raised itself off the ground with difficulty and promptly landed on Norman.
    Fungoe was next; his X-Scissor knocked out the Snorlax, although Snorlax had hurt him too with a swipe of his massive paws. A Lapras came out next. He used Hydro Pump, but Fungoe managed to skitter out of the way in time. "!!!" yelled his master. Fungoe had no idea what it meant, but she sounded happy. Next, Fungoe used Giga Drain and instantly felt better. Full of new energy, he used X-Scissor again. Lapras looked genuinely weakened now. He used brine next, flooding Fungoe in salty water. However, the mushrooms on his backed opened their pores and absorbed the over-abundant water.
    Fungoe had always feared the mushrooms on his back. They hurt him sometimes and seemed to have a mind of their own. That wasn't the worst, though; he had once witnessed a mindless zombie, a mere shell of former consciousness, and what he could well become—a Parasect. Its blank, dull eyes had haunted him in his nightmares, but it had been worst of all when he reached level 23. Night after night, he gazed wistfully at the stars, wondering why Arceus had made his species this way. Then came the fateful day he turned level 24. As he felt the mushrooms expand and his perception fade, he used his last shred of awareness to thrash desperately about. Then the pain stopped. His master stood over him with a question in her eyes. "?" she stated. She'd stopped his evolution. Fungoe just cried. The next day, she took out the precious Everstone that she had saved up for so long and gave it to him. After that, the nightmares stopped. But still, who would've known that the mushrooms would save him in the most important battle of his extended life?
    Both Pokémon were pretty weak now. It was a test of speed now. X-Scissor versus Hydro Pump—which would hit first? Fungoe crossed his claws in readiness. Lapras prepared to spew out the jet of deadly water. Suddenly, Fungoe altered his movements and sprayed a cloud of tiny spores from his mushrooms onto the Lapras. It was Stun Spore—Lapras was paralyzed! Everyone, including Fungoe, was equally surprised; the mushrooms had made their independent decisions again. Silently thanking Arceus for creating him this way, Fungoe had a clear and safe path as he finished the battle with an X-Scissor.
    Back to normal
    "W…we won?" I gasped. Everything seemed surreal. My life seemed surreal. A dizzy rush of dopamine surged through my brain, and I almost forgot what I came here to do. I grabbed Fungoe into a tight hug, careful not to trigger his injuries. I approached Red slowly. He looked up from below his cap and gave me an unnerving stare.
    "…"
    "Oh, c'mon, don't be like that!" I snapped. "You've spent too many years running away from yourself—I know it sounds like a cliché, but I mean it. Now answer me!"
    "…………Fine. No one has defeated me for a long, long time, and I'll speak for once." He now glared at me with such ferocity that it looked like he was asleep earlier, and now he had awoken. "But first, tell me a little about yourself. Who are you? What is your purpose? And …
    Who sent you here?"
    "Well, I'm Lyra, from New Bark Town," I began. "I came here to, uh, defeat you, and… to… ask you about some things. I can't tell you who sent me."
    "So I was right. Someone did send you." His piercing eyes locked on mine. "Who was it?" I almost faltered, but I shook my head quickly and looked at the ground.
    "Was it him?"
    "…Uh, who?"
    "You know who I'm talking about." Even though I was staring at the ground, I could still feel his eyes on me, searching for an answer perhaps. He paused. "I am right again…"
    I frowned. I hadn't told him; he'd figured it out by himself. Surely I would not be blamed for that. Or was he bluffing, so I'd naturally reveal the answer? "Who is it then, if you know?"
    "I'm not bluffing." He smiled for the first time. "It's Blue, isn't it?" I nodded, defeated at last. "When you get back, tell him… tell him I'm sorry." I raised my eyebrows.
    "Sorry for what? All of your actions were perfectly preventable. Your entire quest was centred on quashing Blue. You didn't stop even after you went overboard, directly causing the death of his Raticate. You know how close he was to suicide after that incident? The only thing that kept him going was his dream to become the greatest Pokémon trainer in Kanto, and why did you have to take it away from him?! He had much less than you! He had no parents, his whole family liked you better than him…" I trailed off, out of breath. Red's gaze didn't change at all. "Anyway, I came here… for revenge."
    Red shrugged. "Tell him I'm sorry, anyways. I don't care if you two believe it or not."

So that's the first installment! I'll update accordingly. I'd really appreciate any constructive criticism or any mistakes you found in my writing.

*The unicode characters were originally in Wingdings to represent the Pokémon not understanding English.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Here's the next installment!

2. Viridian Gym
    The calm, cheerful aura of Viridian City was a welcome contrast against the harsh, suspenseful Mt. Silver. I healed all my Pokémon at the Pokémon Centre and let them out of their Poké Balls. Watching them play and interact with each other, I breathed a sigh of relief. Everything was normal again.
    Pokémon's POV
    Fungoe grinned. "We won!" he revealed. All the others cheered and congratulated him on dealing the final blow. "It wasn't really me though…" he admitted. "It was my mushrooms."
    "Who cares?" dismissed Korbinia. "The mushrooms couldn't have done it themselves either."
    "We all contributed to the battle!" agreed Crushr. "If even one of us didn't try our best, we would've lost."
    "Except for me," muttered Rocky gloomily. "I did zero damage to that Blastoise before I fainted."
    "You're wrong!" replied Arkios. "I couldn't have one-hit K.O.-ed the Blastoise if you didn't weaken him a little bit!"
    And so they chatted on and on, hyper over their victory.
    Back to normal
    I tried the doors of the Viridian Gym, and they slid open easily. The five trainers inside greeted me with friendly hellos, letting me hop onto the spin tiles without interruption. I had long memorized the order of tiles I had to step on to reach the back wall of the gym. I had to stare at the floor to keep track of the tiles, but at the end of the sequence I looked up.
    He was there, an amused look on his face. "Yo, Lyra! Did you do it?"
    "Yeah!" I held out a red and white baseball cap, with a red body, a white visor, and a white arch on the front. "Here's proof."
    "I don't need proof," laughed Blue. "You wouldn't lie to me—here, you deserve this." He tossed something shiny in my direction. I caught it and examined it: it was the Earth Badge!
    "Yes! Now I can finally enter the Pokémon League!" I yelled.
    "Gramps would never have let you into Mt. Silver without this badge." Blue grinned sheepishly. "Don't tell him, okay? I knew that you could beat him, but Gramps is kind of paranoid." I nodded quickly. "You're pretty decent, kid. Beating Red at your age… I wish I could've done that more often." He looked out at something distant. "Now, you remember that I had a request to ask of you, right?"
    "Yes, of course!" I answered. "Anything for you, Gurīn-Senpai~♥"
    "Yeah, basically, I used to be the Kanto Champion, but Red beat me before Gramps could even come to congratulate me… and all he did after that was to go and coop himself up in a stupid cave!" Blue sighed. "If he never even observed his duties as a Champion… why didn't he just let me do it?
    "Anyway, I was thinking about why, no matter how hard I tried, I never beat Red. Maybe I was too impatient. But you…"
    "Yeah?"
    "You've beat Red after he'd been training for so many years on Mt. Silver—I couldn't even beat him when he was your age. If you could go back to Kanto and be the one who defeat Red, but in my name, would you do it?"
    "Of course I would," I replied, "but I don't see how it's physically possible."
    "Well, you see, I just figured out that it might be possible." He pulled out an old, faded photo of Oak's Lab. He and Red were squabbling over a Poké Ball on the table. He pointed to a spot in the left. "Look at that machine here." I looked closer; There was a large, mysterious machine on the left side of the lab. "Red and I always wondered what the machine was when we were young," he explained. "When we asked, Gramps would just say that it wasn't working properly, he was working it, and other nebulous statements. I only figured out its purpose recently."
    "What was it?" I probed, intrigued.
    "It was a time machine," he whispered. I stared at him, unsure if he was joking or not. I chuckled nervously.
    "An actual time machine?" I gaped. "Like those in sci-fi novels?"
    "Well… not exactly. It's more of a time and space displacement machine, that can connect one's senses to another point in space and time. So it's like a remote control that can control something else across time."
    "Oh," I remarked. "I think I get it. So I take control of your body?" Blue nodded. "But…" I wondered. "What happens to the consciousness of young-you while I'm possessing you?"
    "He'll still be in his body, but be only semi-conscious when you have control."
    "I have one more question. If I do win against Red, wouldn't that change history? Then you'd never send me back and there would be a time paradox."
    "Well, of course I looked into that too." He assured. "It's pretty strange. It's like when you play a video game. Say you lose in a level, and you rewind back to the point when you play the level. You beat the level, and in your run's timeline, it says you beat the level. You wouldn't have rewound if you'd beat it in the first place; however, you still did. That's why we won't create a time paradox."
    "Oh, okay." I replied. "But what part of this will you remember, though?"
    "I'll remember it as me doing it, ha." He smiled. "Of course, I'll know that you did it, because I was the one who sent you back."
    "Okay!" I yelled. "Let's do it!"

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Third installment!

3. Oak's Lab
    "Hey, Gramps." Called Blue as he strolled into the Lab, me tagging along behind him.
    "Wait, who are you two again?" Professor Oak enquired, staring at us strangely. Blue sighed.
    "I'm Blue, your grandson. This is Lyra, remember?"
    "Oh yes, I remember now, you're Blue and Lyra!" he exclaimed. I sighed too. "What are you doing here anyway?"
    "We… need to borrow your lab for a while," replied Blue. "Nothing much, just trying out some of the machines."
    "Okay, just don't touch that one over there!" he pointed towards the one that we were precisely intending to use. "I'm going to Red's house," he notified. "See you later!"
    "Now then…" grinned Blue mischievously. We looked at the machine from all angles, unsure how to operate it. There seemed to be a hollow chamber inside most of the machine, which I assumed I would be entering. There was also a keypad on the front. I groaned; was Oak really too old to even install a touchscreen on this thing? I pressed a random red button on it. There was a loud beep, and the bluish-green glass encasing the chamber glowed softly.
    "Hey, I think I turned it on by accident," I remarked. "I think you control it with the keypad." The keypad in question had an ABC keyboard, a number pad, an enter and space button, shift, and esc. We had no idea what their functions were, and I had already forgotten what key activated the machine. I hoped that it wouldn't send me to a random point in the space-time continuum.
    "Hey, check it out!" shouted Blue. "There's voice interface!" He demonstrated. "Activate time and space displacement."
    "Aggregate dimes with face replacement," repeated the machine in a robotic voice. I couldn't help but giggle, and Blue sighed.
    "ACTIVATE. SPACE. AND. TIME. DISPLACEMENT." He reiterated.
    "Activate space and time displacement," copied the machine, getting it right this time. No wonder Oak said the machine was faulty. "Enter the date and location to displace."
    "We'll have to get this precise," muttered Blue, messing around with the keypad. "I know what date it is, but the exact location is harder. I don't want you to be stuck in a chair or a rock or something for your whole life." He straightened up. "I think I got it; I was sitting in the kitchen with my sis that day."
    "Target pinpointed: organic target—Blue Oak. Reconnect sensory neurons?"
    "AFFIRMATIVE." Shouted Blue.
    "Please place your test subject in the displacement chamber," droned the machine. An almost seamless line opened in the glass and a panel slid open, allowing me to climb inside. I guess the chamber was designed for adults, because I could easily lie down it, which I did. "Foreign matter detected. Close door?" stated the machine.
    "AFFIRMATIVE!" shouted Blue. The glass panel slowly closed. "You know what Pokémon I captured, right? Use them!" I nodded. "And my Raticate…" he looked kind of sad when he said that. "Actually, I don't blame you if everything turns out like it used to before. Just get back safely." He paused. "I think, if you connect to my young brain, you'll start to think that you're me… it's kind of confusing. You'll lose your memories and personality temporarily, but you'll retain your trainer skills."
    "But why do I keep my skills even when I lose my identity?" I shouted through the glass.
    "I… really don't know," responded Blue, pressing the enter button. I felt my body relax and slump to the floor of the chamber as the machine vibrated and emitted various odd sounds.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    This time it's a very short one: the one after this will be the legit playthrough!

4. Displacement
    I felt like I was floating, deprived of all my senses except thought. For a brief moment, I was fearful that I was remain in this state forever, but I soon felt a foreign tinge to my nerves that proved that the displacement was functioning. Basic memories and knowledge that I had known since early childhood were replaced by new and strange sensations.
    I am a girl boy.
    My name is Lyra Blue from New Bark Pallet Town, Johto Kanto.
    Ugh…

Years
  • Okay, so first off, there's an issue I'm having with the formatting. It's better to hit the enter button twice for a complete space between paragraphs

this

than just a break
    like this.

Just making breaks makes the chapters appear highly condensed and also shorter. They're pretty short though, especially the fourth one which I won't touch upon now, even though there's no definite length a chapter has to be. But, uh, off from that.

Chapter One
    I stared into the cave. A gust of cold air exited the opening and blasted me in the face, ruffling my immaculate hair. The wild Pokémon I had encountered climbing up the mountain were relatively easy to beat, owing to my own Pokémon's high levels, but I knew that the real test was about to begin. I healed all my Pokémon to perfect health with the cartload of items I'd brought. Holding my breath, I stepped into the last cave.
    I find it strange for her to refer to her own hair as "immaculate", but maybe it's just me. (Doesn't she wear a hat) You did well building the suspense for Lyra's battle, but I would've liked to hear a little more about what she was feeling.

A solitary figure leaned on the other side of the chamber. His eyes betrayed an almost imperceptible start of surprise at my entrance, but it immediately faded back into the solemn, emotionless expression he had before. I slid my hand to my belt, and he did the same.
    I just realized, but where did the cold air come from if they're within a cave?

Meanwhile, from the Pokémon's point of view:
    Rocky grimaced as he stared at his water-type opponent. He didn't blame his master; how could she have known that the enemy human was going to summon this? He knew that he couldn't win, but he decided to try his best. ",Double-Edge!" shouted his master. He understood it as Double-Edge, and attacked. He smashed into the Blastoise, sending it staggering backwards a few steps. When he saw the Hydro Cannon coming, he knew it was over. He could feel his segments weakening as the ice-cold water seeped into his joints, and he fainted.
    Few comments. Since this bit was, you know, a bit, I don't think it constituted a POV change. And did Rocky learn the name of "Double Edge" like a dog would learn the word "sit"? Shouldn't he be able to learn his name as well? And Double Edge is a plain move, I'll admit, but there could've been description on Blastoise doing the attack, and Rocky, even though taking a Water-type attack, doesn't have a good chance of getting OHKOs.

There are actually a few of OHKOs in the next few paragraphs, and considering how strong the attacking Pokemon were, it shouldn't have been. Besides that, the battle isn't as fun to "witness" when attacks are expressed like this: "Pikachu used Thunderbolt. Ivysaur took the hit and fainted instantly."

Korbinia was determined to at least beat the Venusaur in front of her.
    I see what you did there Korbinia

Critical Hit!
    Korbinia squawked in delight. Charizard's health was down by more than half.
    Considering that this is a physical battle and not an in-game one, how does this work?

I sent Eevee out and it defeated Pikachu, whereupon Red sent out Snorlax.
    I know that training is possible, but a Feraligatr couldn't dent it but the Eevee could?

Fungoe had always feared the mushrooms on his back. They hurt him sometimes and seemed to have a mind of their own. That wasn't the worst, though; he had once witnessed a mindless zombie, a mere shell of former consciousness, and what he could well become—a Parasect. Its blank, dull eyes had haunted him in his nightmares, but it had been worst of all when he reached level 23.
    I remember reading this in the PokeDex, but wasn't it a creepypasta too?

Chapter Two

"You're wrong!" replied Arkios. "I couldn't have one-hit K.O.-ed the Blastoise if you didn't weaken him a little bit!"

"Yes, of course!" I answered. "Anything for you, Gurīn-Senpai~♥"
    What?

"Well, of course I looked into that too." He assured. "It's pretty strange. It's like when you play a video game. Say you lose in a level, and you rewind back to the point when you play the level. You beat the level, and in your run's timeline, it says you beat the level. You wouldn't have rewound if you'd beat it in the first place; however, you still did. That's why we won't create a time paradox."
    What what?

Chapter Three

"Wait, who are you two again?" Professor Oak enquired, staring at us strangely. Blue sighed.
    Old age huh

"I think, if you connect to my young brain, you'll start to think that you're me… it's kind of confusing. You'll lose your memories and personality temporarily, but you'll retain your trainer skills."
    "But why do I keep my skills even when I lose my identity?" I shouted through the glass.
    "I… really don't know," responded Blue, pressing the enter button.
    Creepy

I am a girl boy.
    My name is Lyra Blue from New Bark Pallet Town, Johto Kanto.
    Ugh…

I like this bit though, when her memories start merging with Blue. However since that chapter's just one paragraph, it could be a part of chapter five

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Okay, so first off, there's an issue I'm having with the formatting. It's better to hit the enter button twice for a complete space between paragraphs

this

than just a break
    like this.

Just making breaks makes the chapters appear highly condensed and also shorter. They're pretty short though, especially the fourth one which I won't touch upon now, even though there's no definite length a chapter has to be. But, uh, off from that.

Thanks for taking the time to write this! I appreciate your feedback. I copied and pasted it from MS Word, so that's why the formatting is so messed up. I'll press enter between paragraphs next time.

Chapter One

I find it strange for her to refer to her own hair as "immaculate", but maybe it's just me. (Doesn't she wear a hat) You did well building the suspense for Lyra's battle, but I would've liked to hear a little more about what she was feeling.

For the hair thing, yes, she does wear a hat, but according to Bulbapedia she has "pigtails that defy gravity". They stick up in symmetrical spikes, so they must be pretty neat. I was trying to not reveal her true mission, but I guess I should've elaborated on her emotions more.

I just realized, but where did the cold air come from if they're within a cave?

...I have no idea how the air dynamics of caves function, but in places like Seafoam Island there are strong currents in the water inside the cave, so there must me air currents propelling that, right? ...I really don't know. It's not scientifically accurate.

Few comments. Since this bit was, you know, a bit, I don't think it constituted a POV change. And did Rocky learn the name of "Double Edge" like a dog would learn the word "sit"? Shouldn't he be able to learn his name as well? And Double Edge is a plain move, I'll admit, but there could've been description on Blastoise doing the attack, and Rocky, even though taking a Water-type attack, doesn't have a good chance of getting OHKOs.

There are actually a few of OHKOs in the next few paragraphs, and considering how strong the attacking Pokemon were, it shouldn't have been. Besides that, the battle isn't as fun to "witness" when attacks are expressed like this: "Pikachu used Thunderbolt. Ivysaur took the hit and fainted instantly."

First of all, I'm not going to do POV switches any more because I only realized they weren't necessary after I posted it. And as for the name thing, it's like if you call your dog "Dog"... based on experience, Pokémon are sentient beings who have a concept of identity, so they do have names. As for the battle part, I quickly realized how boring narrating battles are and probably rushed it a little. Sorry. I've actually never played HeartGold or SoulSilver before, so I have no idea how an actual Red vs. Lyra battle would go.

I see what you did there Korbinia

:)

Considering that this is a physical battle and not an in-game one, how does this work?

This is based on the game, so I put that in without thing. My bad. Maybe you can tell by looking? I don't watch the anime so I don't know how anime battles work either.

I know that training is possible, but a Feraligatr couldn't dent it but the Eevee could?

Actually Pikachu was already at critical health when Eevee came out, and Feraligatr would've won if not for the fact that he couldn't use his water-type attacks.

I remember reading this in the PokeDex, but wasn't it a creepypasta too?

I suspected that from early on from reading its Dex entry, and then I saw a hastily written creepypasta with no punctuation to confirm. And yes, I believe it and have never evolved a Paras since.

Chapter Two

He's just trying to cheer him up.

SHIPPING ALERT Lyra is calling him Senpai because he's a more experienced trainer than she is, and Gurīn is Blue's Japanese name, meaning Green.

What what?

I probably worded that badly. What I mean is, if you rewind a video game to get a different result, it doesn't create time paradoxes. Like if you replay a level to beat it and on the timeline it never says you lost the first time, but there's no Grandfather Paradox there. If Lyra avenges Blue and she doesn't need to be sent back after, she was still sent back because in-game time is actually just a distortion of real time.

Chapter Three

Old age huh

Professor Oak: teaching kids about Alzheimer's since 1996.

Shhh no Lyra only Blue now.

I like this bit though, when her memories start merging with Blue. However since that chapter's just one paragraph, it could be a part of chapter five

I wrote it separately, so my bad again. I FORGOT to write it until I realized I needed a transition. That was stupid.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    The Official Run of: Gary's Mod! (Actually he's Blue)

5. Memories

I remembered. Gramps had Alzheimer's, so he could never remember any of our names, geez, I don't think he was even always aware that Daisy existed. However, Alzheimer's or not, he was still a Pokémon professor, so that was cool. He promised to give me my own Pokémon when I was eleven. And it was today! I was really excited, but I didn't want to show it… not to Red. Sometimes I wondered if Gramps liked Red more than me and Daisy. I mean, Red already had a mom. We didn't. Daisy is always so depressed because of that. Ever since the accident that killed both our parents, Red had changed as well. I still remember is vividly.

The police officers had come gravely, with somber faces and heavy tread. I had hidden behind Daisy as they broke the news to Gramps, although I was too young to know it: I could not understand why my remaining family members wracked themselves in sobs as the officers awkwardly looked at their feet, unsure what to say. Red stood behind us, watching, and forever after that we were not the friends we used to be before. Red was withdrawn, avoiding speaking as much as possible, and I became sure that, if there is a God or a Legendary above, it was unfair. I mean, Red's father did abandon him for the pleasure of living on the road, but he still had a mother who loved him very much and always remembered to care for him. Daisy took it up upon herself to take care of me, as it was obvious that Gramps was incapable; this might be another reason why she is so serious nowadays.

I changed as well, but not like how Red did. I had to become strong—strong enough to prove to Gramps that we were still worth noticing. Strong enough to show Daisy, through my eyes, the glorious world that she would never be able to traverse because she had to look after the house. And strong enough to beat Red, because honestly he had much more than I did and I couldn't let him take that away from me as well. Our friendly rivalry from the past had developed into a thick resentment of each other after our personalities grew too far apart to ever come back.

I opened my eyes. I was sitting in my house in Pallet Town, with Daisy opposite me.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    6. Pallet Town

Daisy smiled. "Today's the day to get your first Pokémon from Grandpa." She gazed sadly into the distance. "I can't believe how much you've grown up so fast. Mom and dad would be proud." I nodded wistfully, realizing that if I did leave on an adventure like I had planned, I might not be able to see her for a while. I stepped outside. Time to go to Gramps's lab and get my Pokémon!

I looked to the north. The road outside town looked exciting, but all I could see was grass from the confines of Pallet Town. "I can't leave without getting my Pokémon from Gramps!" I told myself. I dutifully headed to the lab, then decided to check on Red's progress just because. I poked my head in his door. He wasn't even in there. His mom was though.

"Are you excited, Blue?" she queried. I had to admit, his mom was really nice. Lucky guy. My mom would be nice too if she wasn't dead. "You and Red be safe out there, and don't cause too much trouble for my little boy!" I nodded, embarrassed, and removed myself from the house.

Years
  • Not gonna lie, how did Oak retain all of that information on Pokemon - which is a really ridiculous amount of info if you think about it - but he couldn't remember his family? I don't know how Alzheimer's works though. Although I do love your depiction of Red and Blue's rivalry - I think you captured the essence of it very well. But hot damn, not even three seconds into your journey and Red was already ahead of him! Well, Blue. My only problem is that again, your chapters seem pretty short.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Not gonna lie, how did Oak retain all of that information on Pokemon - which is a really ridiculous amount of info if you think about it - but he couldn't remember his family? I don't know how Alzheimer's works though. Although I do love your depiction of Red and Blue's rivalry - I think you captured the essence of it very well. But hot damn, not even three seconds into your journey and Red was already ahead of him! Well, Blue. My only problem is that again, your chapters seem pretty short.

Frankly, I'm not exactly sure how Alzheimer's works either. However, my own grandfather had Alzheimer's before he passed away, and he forgot who we were but started remembering obscure stuff like my aunt's first boyfriend who she dumped decades ago. So, yeah. the following chapters will be longer, and I'll update with two chapters if it turns out short. Thanks for the help again!

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    7. Oak's Lab (II)

I finally went to the lab and found Gramps waiting: as I expected, Red was nowhere to be seen.

"Ah, Blue! Glad you could make it!" he declared. At least he remembered my name this time. "Today is a big day after all," Thank you, Captain Obvious. "now where is your friend Red?"

"I have no idea," I replied. "I checked his house; he wasn't there."

"Hmm… maybe he got lost looking for the lab." Gramps concluded.

"Well, if he did, some genius he is," I muttered. "We've literally lived in this town for out whole life. There're only three buildings in Pallet Town!"

"I'll go find him, you stay here and look around while you wait." He suggested. He walked past me and out the door. I sighed. Was Red really that important? Why couldn't he let Red figure out this tiny town himself and give me my Pokémon first? I was seriously tempted to leave. After all, based on Gramps's speed, he might be back in a couple of years.

"Gramps said to wait," I decided. "Maybe I'll look around for now." I looked closely at the shiny new Poké Ball on the table. This must be the Pokémon Gramps promised me, I thought. I had no idea what it would be like, but no matter what it was, it was cool! There was the famous machine that Red and I always wondered about. What could it be? I'd better not mess around with it. There were more boring-looking machines in the corner, where lights in different colours were flashing on and off. I hacked into Gramps's email to see who he communicated with in his spare time. There was a new email:

"Come test your might against the strongest Trainers in Kanto! The Elite Four are the toughest Trainers around and they'll be accepting all challengers!" This was interesting. Of course Gramps wasn't a Trainer now, so it was probably spam or something. Still, I wanted to try it out. If I could beat them, then maybe I'd be the best! I scrolled down. "Come to the Indigo Plateau with all 8 badges to have a shot at becoming Kanto's Champion!" So that's where it was. Good to know! Maybe looking around the lab wasn't so bad after all.

There were two Pokédexes on the desk; Gramps had worked on them his whole life. One of them had "For Blue" etched on the side, and the other had "For Red". I felt a bit bittersweet reading that despite everything. The bookshelves were crammed full of Pokémon books. If I tugged one out, the whole pile might collapse, so I didn't. Not that I wanted to read them… Gramps also had snippets of old newspaper framed on the wall. They must have been pretty important news for him to treat them like that, so I read them. The headline said:

"Crime syndicate Team Rocket on the rise! Rapid increase in hiring of scientists." On the other one was a picture of Gramps when he was younger. At least I know where my looks came from. Finally, I heard the door open as Gramps came in, Red in tow.

"Gramps!" I whined. "I'm fed up with waiting!" Red wasn't even looking at me. I noticed that he looked a lot like an incompetent robot.

"I told you to be patient!" Gramps rebuked. "We're finally ready to begin!" And he doesn't even get mad at Red for wasting time. "Look, Red, you see that ball on the table?" he continued. "It's called a Poké Ball; it holds a Pokémon inside. Go ahead, take it!" I couldn't believe it. This was the Pokémon that he'd promised me since I was a little kid! And now he was going to give it to Red!? I felt rage welling up inside me; this could not pass.

"Hey, Gramps! What about me?" I demanded.

"Be patient, Blue," he reinstated. "You'll get one later." Red walked over to the table and grabbed the Poké Ball. I shoved him aside, grabbing it myself.

"No way, Red!" I growled. "This Pokémon was meant for me!"

"Blue, what are you doing?!" shouted Gramps.

"Gramps, I want this one!" I replied. "It was meant for me!"

"But I…" stuttered Gramps. "Oh, all right then. That Pokémon is yours." He turned to Red. "Red, come over here." Red went over to Gramps. "Red, this is the Pokémon I caught earlier. You can have it, I caught it in the wild so be careful." Huh, so Red does get a Pokémon—a wild one. Good for him. My new Eevee was probably bred in the lab. It's rare, too! Red looked happy with the Pikachu, though. I almost left the lab before I remembered.

"Wait, Red! Let's check out our Pokémon! Come on, I'll take you on!" We faced off in the lab.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    8. If Blue (actually Lyra) wins this one, the timeline will already have changed!

"Oh, for Pete's sake…" groaned Gramps. "So pushy, as always." He looked at me. This was new. "Red, Blue, you've never had a Pokémon battle before, have you?" We shook our heads. "A Pokémon Battle is when Trainers pit their Pokémon against each other. The Trainer that makes the other Trainer's Pokémon faint by lowering their HP to '0', wins. But rather than talking about it, you'll learn more from experience. Try battling and see for yourself."

I sighed. Even Red looked a little impatient. "If you think we'll learn more from experience, then why don't you just let us battle instead of yakking about it?" I turned to Eevee. "Eevee, use Tackle!" It cut Pikachu's HP down by almost half.

"Inflicting damage to the foe is the key to any battle." Stated Gramps.

"I know!" I shouted. "You literally just said that less than a minute ago!" A couple of Tackles later, Pikachu had fainted. "Yeah!" I yelled. "Am I great or what?"

"Oh! Hm! Excellent!" coughed Gramps. I think he wished Red won. "If you win, you earn prize money, and your Pokémon will grow! Battle other trainers and make your Pokémon strong!"

"Okay! I'll make my Pokémon battle to toughen it up!" I agreed. "Red! Gramps! Smell you later!"

9. Out of Pallet

Finally, after so many years, I was ready to leave Pallet. I cheerfully strolled through Route 1 and up to Viridian City, easily dispatching any Rattata and Pidgey I encountered in the tall grass. This is easier than I thought, I thought as I healed some minor damage to Eevee in the Viridian City Pokémon Centre. To my surprise, there was one of Gramps's Aides there.

"Ah! Blue! Glad I could catch you!" he puffed. "Professor Oak said you left so fast, you forgot to get something. He sent me to tell you so you could come back and get it."

"Meh." I remarked. "I'll get it later. I want to explore a bit more first." I continued north. There was an old man lying prostrate in the middle of the damn road, and when I tried to walk past him he stared at me fiercely.

"I absolutely forbid you from going through here!" he shouted loudly, even though I was right beside him. "This is private property!" Although it was unreasonable for him to block the whole road, I gave up. I couldn't move him, anyway. As I turned to leave, I noticed a girl around my age standing patiently next to the man.

"Oh, Grandpa, don't be so mean!" she begged. Grandpa? I softened.

"Uh, what's he doing?" I stuttered.

"I'm so sorry, he hasn't had his coffee yet," she apologized. "I believe he lost it when we were walking through Route 22."

"Route 22?" I inclined my head. "Where is that?"

"It's west from here," she explained. "It's not as well traveled as Route 2 up north, because the only place it takes you is the Indigo Plateau, and not many people make it there." Indigo Plateau! That was where I wanted to go. "It's a nice place, though." She added. "You can catch Pokémon there and stuff." I nodded, deciding to go back to Pallet first for whatever Gramps wanted me for.

Years
  • Oh, where to start?

This story...I love it. There are so many things good about it that it's hard for me to shuffle out the negatives. Of course, I have to agree with Aisu that the chapters are to short.

Anyway, this story is very different from the ones I've read. It's interesting to see Red as more of the "bad guy," and Blue actually has a very touching backstory. The reason I think it's so unique is because my favorite Pokemon games to date are Fire Red and Leaf Green. I have played through the story mode at least four times. Well, I'm so used to seeing Blue be an absolute jerk throughout the game, so I always "loved to hate him." The same goes with Silver in Gold and Silver.

There is one thing, though. I know it's your writing, and you do whatever you want with it, but I have a suggestion. I think you might want to go more into why Red never speaks, or why he is so emotionless. I know, you said that when Blue's parents were killed, RED was traumatized, but why? They weren't even his parents.

Long story short, I love it. Keep writing!

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    Oh, where to start?

This story...I love it. There are so many things good about it that it's hard for me to shuffle out the negatives. Of course, I have to agree with Aisu that the chapters are to short.

Anyway, this story is very different from the ones I've read. It's interesting to see Red as more of the "bad guy," and Blue actually has a very touching backstory. The reason I think it's so unique is because my favorite Pokemon games to date are Fire Red and Leaf Green. I have played through the story mode at least four times. Well, I'm so used to seeing Blue be an absolute jerk throughout the game, so I always "loved to hate him." The same goes with Silver in Gold and Silver.

There is one thing, though. I know it's your writing, and you do whatever you want with it, but I have a suggestion. I think you might want to go more into why Red never speaks, or why he is so emotionless. I know, you said that when Blue's parents were killed, RED was traumatized, but why? They weren't even his parents.

Long story short, I love it. Keep writing!

Thank you so much for your support! I'm glad to know that someone enjoys my story. I used to think Blue was a complete jerk too until I actually thought about what he truly went through. I have yet to sympathize with Silver yet, but who knows? I certainly will go into why Red is so odd, and in many ways... different. And why he eventually retired to Mt. Moon. Thank you again!

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    10. Back to Pallet

I sighed as I jumped over ledge after ledge for fun. Later, I'd have to walk through the boring tall grass again. At least I didn't have to do it now. I turned in to the familiar aura of peace and… boredom as I speed walked to Gramps's lab. Whatever it was, I wanted to get it over with quickly so I could finally have a legit adventure. I strode into his lab and found him and Red waiting. Typical that Red would get here first.

"Gramps!" I called. "I almost forgot! What did you call me for?"

"Oh, right!" recalled Gramps. "I have a request for you two." He walked purposely over to the desk displaying the two Pokédexes. "On the desk here is my invention, the Pokédex," he explained. "It automatically records data on Pokémon you've seen or caught. It's a high-tech encyclopedia!" he paused. "Red and Blue, take these with you." He handed the Pokédexes to me and Red. "You can't get detailed data on Pokémon by just seeing them," he continued. "You must catch them to obtain complete data." He took out five Poké Balls, like the ones Eevee and Pikachu were in, and gave them to me and Red. I stuffed them into my backpack. "When a wild Pokémon appears, it's fair game," he added. "Just throw a Poké Ball at it and try to catch it! This won't always work, however. A healthy Pokémon can escape. You have to be lucky!" he gazed far away. "To make a complete guide on all the Pokémon in the world…" he paused again. "That was my dream!" he looked seriously at us. "But I'm too old. I can't get the job done. So I want you two to fulfill my dream for me. Get moving, you two. This is a great undertaking in Pokémon history!"

"Alright, Gramps!" I grinned. "Leave it all to me!" I turned to Red. "Red, I hate to say it, but you won't be necessary for this." I suddenly remembered: "I know! I'll borrow a Town Map from my sis! I'll tell her not to lend you one, Red! Hahaha! Don't bother coming around to my place after this!" I left the lab and went straight to my house. I needed to say goodbye to Daisy anyway; I'd forgotten in the rush of adrenalin in leaving Pallet.

"Is that the Eevee Grandpa gave you? It's adorable!" exclaimed Daisy. "You better treat it right or I'll come over and kick your butt!" I rolled my eyes.

"Gee, thanks, sis."

"Speaking of which, don't forget to take this Town Map with you'll never get lost." She passed one to me and I stuffed it into my backpack.

"Bye! Love you!"

"Don't get into too much trouble out there!" she waved. "And be good to your Pokémon! Uphold the Oak name!" She actually had a good point; Daisy and I were the only Oaks left who weren't already too old to have an adventure, and Daisy was ruled out because she had to take care of the house. Now I could finally have a legit adventure. And I could catch some new Pokémon now!

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    11. Back On Track

The first Pokémon I encountered, a Rattata, was destroyed quickly by an unprecedented Critical Hit. The next one, however, was a Pidgey, and I caught it! Yes! I cheered silently. I was on my way to fill my Pokédex. I went back to Viridian City to heal it. I put it in the PC fro a while, as I wanted to focus on training Pidgey. Before I went north, I remembered the girl's information about Route 22 and decided to check it out. I caught a Mankey and a male Nidoran there, but I boxed them as well to focus on Eevee and Pidgey. After getting them to level 8 and 9 respectively, I went on to the end of the route. I saw the Indigo Plateau building; I decided not to go in yet because I didn't have a single badge. I saw a pack of instant coffee on the ground near the building. Seriously? Who drops an entire package of coffee on a walk? I walked back, considering returning the coffee to the old man. After all, his granddaughter had a hard enough time already. I walked back, and guess who I saw: Red.

"Hey, Red! You're off to the Pokémon League? Forget about it!" I called. He stared at me, silent as usual. "You probably don't have any Badges, do you? The guard won't let you through without them. By the way, did your Pokémon become any stronger?"

Red drew his hand to his belt. I did the same. It was on! He sent out a Rattata that I presumed he caught earlier. I sent out Pidgey. "Pidgey, use Gust!" I commanded. It was Pidgey's newest move. Rattata decided to use Focus Energy instead of attacking. As a result, the next Tackle was stronger than I expected, but I still defeated Rattata with a Tackle and another Gust. Red then sent out Pikachu. I still didn't understand how Red gave orders to his Pokémon if he didn't speak. I think he used hand motions or something. Weird. First, Pikachu Growled so endearing that even I thought it was cute. When Pidgey Tackled it next turn, however, a small Static charge connected with Pidgey and paralyzed it. Its movements became jerky and uncontrolled, and it was a perfect chance for Pikachu to use Thundershock on Pidgey, while Pidgey couldn't fight back because of its paralysis. "Dammit…" I cursed. "Pidgey, return!" I sent out Eevee next. Pikachu used Thundershock twice in succession, but Eevee bore it very well. Surprisingly, one Tackle from Eevee was able to reduce Pikachu to zero health, defeating Pikachu and effectively Red. "Yeah! Am I great or what?" I cheered, hugging Eevee carefully, since it was still a bit jarred from the Thundershocks. "I heard the Pokémon League is crawling with tough trainers," I told Red. "I have to figure out how to get past them. You should quit dawdling and get a move on!" As I returned to Viridian City to heal, I encountered a Spearow and caught it. Perfect. Everything was going great!

I went north and found the old man still lying there. "I absolutely forbid you from going through here! This is private property!" he paused and stared at me creepily. "That in your hands… is that the coffee I lost?" he looked longingly at it. "You don't mind giving an old man his golden elixir, would you?" It's not that I liked him, but I felt sorry for his granddaughter and I needed to get through.

"Okay, fine." I grumbled, handing him the coffee. He drank it, then promptly walked away. I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you for helping me find Grandpa's coffee," stated the girl. "Up ahead is Viridian Forest; just take the winding road to get to Pewter City."

"No problem, and thanks!" I called as I walked off.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    This has been dead for a while, because of finals and a new Beta for the game this was based on. Anyway, time to revive it! A fair sized chapter this time.

12. Into the woods (and back out), and a brush with death

Viridian Forest was huge and intimidating. I stepped in cautiously, aware that this was the most dangerous place I'd been in so far. I beat all the Bug Catchers fairly easily, and caught a Weedle and a Caterpie. However, despite the easy wins, the real problem was that most of the forest consisted of long, winding, mazes of trees containing Weedle that were low level and easy to beat but had a trick up their sleeves: a potent venom that could poison and even kill even the toughest Pokémon once applied. Even though I knew this, I guess I wasn't careful enough because Caterpie soon got poisoned. It didn't take too much damage at first, and I wasn't too concerned, although I kept an eye on Caterpie and didn't use it in battle. I'd also run out of my Potions, and I didn't have any Antidotes yet. I'll get out of here soon and heal you at the next Pokémon Centre, I thought to myself. Little did I know that I was completely, utterly, lost. As I ended up where I was an hour ago again, Caterpie looked like it was doing really badly. "Dammit…" I cursed, trying to look beyond the tight mesh of trees and tall grass that blocked my view. I tried to run, but my soft, flimsy shoes slipped on a piece of wet grass and I fell to the ground. Caterpie's Poké Ball, which I was cradling to keep an eye on, fell onto the ground heavily and Caterpie popped out. Instead of the cheerful little green worm that it usually was, it looked scared and in pain, with a purple hue under its membranous skin. Frustrated tears welled up in my eyes as I realized that there was no way I could reach the Pokémon Centre in time.

This… all feels so familiar…

I gazed listlessly into the distance, thinking about what would happen to me if I gave up right now. A glance of blurry red and white contrasting on the grass momentarily caught my attention, but I lurched upright immediately when I saw that it was an old Poké Ball dropped by some unfortunate trainer. It even had a brown spot on it, which I avoided touching as I pried it open.

An Antidote.

I robotically applied the cure to Caterpie, apprehensive even though I knew it would work. It obviously did, and I hurriedly wiped my eyes before some random Bug Catcher saw me. I shakily got to my feet and walked on, successfully defending Caterpie from a couple of wild Pokémon that attacked us as we neared the exit. We got out around half an hour later—which would've been too late if that Antidote hadn't been there.

I tried not to be self conscious while the people milling around the exit gate all stared at me, probably tear- and mud-stained all over. Thankfully, the next town was close…

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    I patched the ROM with two patches and it exploded... don't worry, it's fixed now. I've never been much superstitious, but the glitch chapter just ended up on chapter 13... Mind you, I write this as I play along, so I had no idea that this was going to happen even when I started the chapter. Creepy.

13. Unexpected (I did NOT plan for this to be in Chapter 13—It just happened)

I knew that my first gym battle was coming up soon, and I decided to train a bit before even trying. Route 2 extended past Viridian Forest, and there weren't any new Pokémon for me to capture, but plenty of low level ones to grind on. I felt a bit uneasy now, though, remembering what happened to my Caterpie earlier; what happened to wild Pokémon that fainted? There was no one to take them to a Pokémon Centre or give them medicine. Would they die? I shook off the grim thought and made sure to stay near Pewter City. It was a wise precaution; Nidoran was severely wounded too after an unexpected critical hit. I'd have to be careful from now on.

According to some rumours I'd heard around the town, the Pewter Gym Leader used Rock and Ground-type Pokémon, so evolving Caterpie into Butterfree and leveling up Mankey would be a good idea. I kept grinding for a couple of days, visiting the Pokémon Centre whenever my Pokémon needed a break. Everything was fine.

On the, I don't remember, fifth day of training? Something strange happened. I can't describe it exactly… Some sort of bad vibe that only lasted a second. I thought it was my imagination, and kept grinding until I needed to visit the Pokémon Centre again. That's when the strange stuff started to happen.
    I walked into the city as usual, except… I seemed to be walking slower than usual. Suddenly, a strange voice started in my head.

"qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF"

Needless to say, I was terrified. It repeated, over and over, and wouldn't go away even when I clasped my hands tightly to my ears. I fell to my knees, unable to stand the high-pitched droning that made my head feel like it was going to explode. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another person looking fearfully about; so it wasn't just me. Something was actually going on. After that, I blacked out.

I woke up in the exact same spot where I'd been grinding earlier. Was that all just a dream? I thought. I sighed. I must've spent too long out in the sun, and my Pokémon needed rest anyway. I walked towards Pewter City. I felt slow again. Probably from fatigue? I gasped as a large sphere of dark matter formed in front of me. I yelped and leaped away, but it zoomed after me and into my bag. I nervously opened it, but all my old items were in there, with no changes.

"What the heck WAS that?!" yelled the guy that I had seen in my dream. No… that couldn't be right. The human brain cannot create faces in a dream. I must be projecting stuff from the dream into this… was this another dream? I pinched myself. Everything turned purple, even my body, and started melting into the ground. I tried to scream, but found that I couldn't move at all.

I woke up again. So it really was another dream. I was apprehensive as I walked into Pewter City again. It seemed slow again, but nothing out of the ordinary happened. There was a guy lounging near the Pokémon Centre, but he was a perfectly normal guy who chatted with me about the gym leader, who was apparently named Brock. I sighed with relief and walked into the Pokémon Centre. Inside, even the sense of slowness disappeared.

The lady inside healed my Pokémon normally too, seemingly not noticing how rattled I was. I felt a bit stupid for getting so worked up over a dream, but it certainly was the most realistic nightmare I'd ever had. Still thinking about it, I walked out of the Pokémon Centre.

Everything was black.

Thinking that there was an eclipse or something, I tried to turn back to the Pokémon Centre. But I realized I couldn't see anything, or move, or even feel anything. I couldn't even hear my heart beating. It was like I lost connection with my five senses. Did I DIE?! I panicked, because that was what it felt like to me. To be stuck in darkness forever… still, I couldn't have died for no reason. I didn't have a heart attack or a stroke, and there wasn't anything physically dangerous outside the Pokémon Centre. I'd just walked out and everything turned black. No, I couldn't have died. It must be another dream again. I waited.

And waited. And waited.

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jan 2, 2019
    (Adult) Blue's third person POV.

14. Houston, we?ve got a problem

Blue stared apprehensively at the screen. Something was not right?the data looked wrong for some reason. Inside the glass chamber, Lyra?s motionless body was stretched on the bottom, but something was different.

She wasn?t breathing.

?Dammit?? exclaimed Blue as the machine jammed. He?d felt this sensation before: a torrent of hopelessness that left him lifeless and failing to see the point of even trying to work things out. Every trainer felt that at times, but they always found a way to look up and continue on. Same with Blue, except that one time on the S.S. Anne. Everything he did after that? he did it for revenge.

He gazed at Lyra fondly. He couldn?t lose her again. Not this time. He couldn?t go back this time. Suddenly he wished he?d kept his resolution that this time he wouldn?t even ask her to battle Red. That he?d just act like any other gym leader and send her off with her gym badge and let her fulfill her dream as Johto Champion. Well, it was too late now. Regretting about the past wouldn?t save her. He put his head into his hands. Well, what COULD he do at this point? All this messing around with space-time could have seriously damaged the continuum in the timeline. The whole dimension that she was in was a giant glitch.

He looked up, thinking intently. There was still something that might work. Displace her mind while she was in his former body into a safe point. Into another dimension that would eventually also lead up to this future. If it worked, she wouldn?t even know it happened; it?d be like a dream. But if it didn?t?

Well, if it didn?t, it?s not like she would die. Better than the alternative of dying or being stuck in the messed-up dimension forever. She would never age in that dimension, doomed to live it over and over? Blue shuddered. Well, if she was smart she?d eventually return to Pallet Town and live there forever with Daisy, but she?d probably still go crazy if she lived there literally forever. He entered what he fervently hoped was the correct coordinates.

Oh well, here goes nothing. He took a deep breath and pulled the lever.

Back