• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Timer still counts down during battles

Backburner26

Pokemon Lavender Spirit Creator
    Years
    So im using the Controll Timer command in RPGMaker XP and the timer pauses when I enter a battle, Is there any way to have the timer keep running while I am in a battle?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It looks to me like the battle system in unmodified Essentials has the countdown going even during battle (there's even code in here to abort a battle if the timer hits zero while in battle).

Are you using a different battle system? What version of Pokemon Essentials are you using?

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it looks like the method I was looking at isn't actually ever called (because battle scenes are never assigned to $scene). Furthermore, the thing it sets to abort the battle seems to be dummied out as well...

What you can do is go to the PokeBattle_Scene script section and update the following function:

Code:
      def pbGraphicsUpdate
        partyAnimationUpdate
        @sprites["battlebg"].update if @sprites["battlebg"].respond_to?("update")
        Graphics.update
        # Add the following lines:
        # Update timer
        $game_system.update
        # If timer has reached 0
        if $game_system.timer_working and $game_system.timer == 0
          # Abort battle
          @battle.pbAbort
        end
      end

Note: I haven't tested this code myself.

See how that works for you.

Last edited:
    Back