• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Space and Time

Years
Thanks fro the first reply! I really appreciate it!

I have updated the Main Story and Introduction. Now they look better than before

Last edited:
Years
Try finishing this hack!
the hack might be potentially good if you can finish it!

I will create the beta 1.0 of this hack by this month, which will feature Kanto Arc.
I have posted a new screenshot of the Hack it is of Route 4

Last edited:
Years
Yes it could happen with Advance Map very easily but i need help on the making of tilesets. I wanted the same fire red tilesets but with better quality and more smooth

Years
Kanto Arc will be the original story of fire red but with extra and edited events, the mapping is pretty good. The releasing date of Kanto Arc is 24 July

Last edited:
Years
Mugdh01 I am appointing you as the Beta Tester of the Project and also you will help in the mapping and don't worry about scripting I will manage it hope you will help in Mapping and Beta Testing

Years
I wanna reinform you about the Kanto Arc the releasing date has been shifted to 26 July and it will feature the original fire story and there will extra events and the mapping has been done very good, there is only one known bugs in the game till now . The game has been modified till Route 4.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hello! I quite like the concept of the hack, you've got something good going here. I look forward to hearing more about it and possibly playing it once it's released. That said, many of the screenshots look rather half-finished and don't give the impression that you put much time into taking them.

With your second screenshot, you've scattered the trees and grass rather haphazardly, which not only looks pretty bad in general but also seems rather pointless. Really, you should be putting the grass in patches and forcing the player through them, at least when they're going through the route for the first time. Those patches don't need to be fully rectangular, as they are in some Game Freak maps, but they should still be rather organized. Same goes for the trees.

In the third screenshot you've put a 2x2 block of cut trees, but what's the point of that when a 2x1 block will accomplish the same thing? Cut trees, unlike grass or regular trees, do not generally look good when placed in big groups.

In your fifth screenshot, I'm inclined to wonder why the road in so small in what I assume is a large town; you have it as 2 wide, when I'd recommend 3 or even 4. Also, it should really be touching the buildings.You've also used the messy-looking 4-tile wide Pokémon Center, and I'd recommend using the normal 5-tile wide one instead.

That's all I've got to say about specific screenshots, but there's a few other consistent things bugging me. The grammar has room for improvement, which isn't your fault since judging by your location I assume English isn't your first language. That's fine, but taking the time to make sure every sentence has a period and words are capitalized correctly would go a long way towards making this hack feel more polished.

The other final note I will leave you with concerns tree shading, which is the other consistent error. It's not something easy to master, frankly, and it certainly takes time to pick up as there aren't many guides anywhere and people just assume you'll be able to figure it out. I'll just copy and paste a little mini-tutorial I posted somewhere else, see if you learn a thing or two about how trees work.

Rainbow said:
Tree Shading
Unfortunately, I'm not really sure how to explain this in a simple way, but I'll do my best to make a clear set of rules.
Let's call these tiles the roots
m2X2Akw.png

Then these can be the middles
21HMUlL.png

This tile is the top
tlwdGO0.png

And these can be the transitions
Ngbuag0.png

Note that the one on the left is the shaded version, and the one on the right is the unshaded one.

So, here's the step by step process.
1. Lay out the shape of the trees you want to place using the shaded versions of these tiles
21HMUlL.png

Ngbuag0.png

Spoiler:

2. For the bottom set of transitions, replace them with shaded roots.

Spoiler:

3. Add tops to the trees.

Spoiler:

4. All the tiles that are not adjacent to other tree tiles should no be replaced with the unshaded versions. I've circled the ones I changed to be extra clear.

Spoiler:

5. Last step. Any middle that is directly below a top (circled in red) or adjacent to another middle directly below a top (circled in blue) should be replaced with the unshaded version. A little unclear, so once again I've circled the affected tiles.
Spoiler:

Good luck! :)

Back