• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What do you think of the Emerald Animations?

Furea-chan

Sleep
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    They aren't to great....They look worse than crystal's version! x_X

Trawek

Meowth Master
    Years
  • I don't like Emerald animations... In Crystal they moved better than in Emerald. When I see how Poochyena is moving... Massacre...

Shiny Lugia

Scyther Lover ;)
    Years
  • The ones in Crystal were better. In this version it's all shaky and doesn't look as good as Crystal. And some are just annoying like Magnimite. Stop spinning.... I think Nintendo should have fixed some stuff like the graphics instead of making awful animations.

Last edited:

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I never liked any of the animations, even in Crystal, so no, I don't like the Emerald animations.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I like the animations, I haven't seen that many though, I am not very far into the game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Some kid in my school brought along his Emerald version (Japanese Version) and I saw the pokemon animations and I'd say they're ok, but I don't like the way they look in Emerald, Ive seen em all on Emerald and there were hardly any of them that I liked, I forgot all but I like the way Dragonite looks better that the one that doesnt move (Ru/Sa) but the animations are still cool, cooler than pokemon without animations at least... Just a bit...-_-

Oh and I have'nt seen the Crystal animations but...who cares!? ^_^

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
  • I definately like the animations in Emerald better than those of Crystal...for the simple fact that the graphics in Crystal suck compared to the ones in Emerald. What I really wish they could do is just add more animations period.

damion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • I like them, i mean im glad they didnt really change the posses but i really thought it was going to be alot like Crystal but im not disappointed

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • II'd preferI prefer the animations to just standing still, but they could have made a better effort, all it is is 2 frames, like veryone else says the ones in crystal were far better

Kital

Zombie Robot
    Years
  • If they're good or not doesn't really matter to me. Either way they both take up time and I'd rather not watch the animation in every battle so I just turn them all off so the games moves more quickly.

Back