• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] The original design of Alola starters evolution

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Hello everyone, before begin I hope you read the whole topic and don't ignore me because I am a new here, also I hope you enjoy this topic and please don't just get angry for something about my "grammar" because I write on my iPad and I am not that much in English.

So today I will talk about the real evolution of Alola starters that was original be in the game before change everything, in the end, so let's begin with that questions.
    1-How much was there a leak about Alola starters evolutions?
    2-How much was believable?

to me was three leak was way real.
    First is that the concept arts (I actually happy how these guys become real ;) )

second this artworks which take by a phone(one of my hopes :( )

finally there were a pictures of types for the final evolutions in the Japanese website when was first trailer for the starters and this is video by PDWinnall show on the site

So of course we know was most of the leak fake but what I told you that second and third links are not fake it just a concept art or original idea that was rejected, and It not first time gamefreak do not use this designs and this is a list of it.

So first in the video was show the hidden pictures of types of starters, but I think he makes a small mistake and it in the number of the pictures and it say is the ground type is for Litten when it for Rowlett's final evolution.
    Ok then lets remebers the numbers of the picteres. (01)is grass, (02)flying,(03)gorund, (04)fire, (05)water and finlly (06)is fighting. So if we take the nambers and put in the best orders I can imagen so that is what we get:

001-Rowlet (grass/flying)
    002- Rowlet sceond evolution (grass/flying)
    003- Rowlet final evolution (grass/ground)

004- Litten (fire)
    005-Litten second evolution (fire)
    006-Litten final evolution (fire)

007- Popplio (best starter ♥) (water)
    008-Popplio second evolution (water)
    009-Popplio final evolution *so creepy**in good way* (water/fighting)

So as you can understand, that was is first concept evolutions of Alola starters.

However, if you do not believe me yet so that I will give you more evidence for it, so let's begin with this imges as you know most of the fake leak come as digital arts but for some reasons this photos. It looks like someone taken by his/her phone and also it from a sketch book that most of the designers use it to draw his/her designs, even that I can see how the colors of the designs so similar to Pokemon art style. Moreover, I think someone will say: (there many people can have the same color style) and yes. However, the problem here is it the pictures took from a sketch book when the most people on internet use programs or digital arts to draw it way hard to make it the same.

Also if you put all the designs the old one and the new one together, you will get they are very Similar to each other made this by myself fast as I can.
    Still, don't believe me so this may change your mind.

So if you look twice at this image you will know their actual theme for the old concept art and the new one used.

Rowlet evolutions (Assassin and Archer =shoadows or who kill in silence)

Litten evolutions (leopard and wrestler =power or fitness)

Popplio evolutions (beautiful voice and funny clown=smile on all face )

So the end, in my opinion, I hope you enjoy reading and if this evolution was a second line for the starters so who know maybe we see the evolutions as they second evolutions for another region.

:) anyway thank you for reading :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I'm pretty sure these images popped up AFTER the types had been "revealed" or rather, speculated.

These designs do not look remotely like any set of final starters. Rowlet3=no face; Litten3=literal panther (no design), Popplio3 is just okay, but only works if the other designs balanced it out with a more refined design; generally it doesn't look as unbelievable as the other two.

These are clearly not designed by GF.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I'm pretty sure these images popped up AFTER the types had been "revealed" or rather, speculated.

These designs do not look remotely like any set of final starters. Rowlet3=no face; Litten3=literal panther (no design), Popplio3 is just okay, but only works if the other designs balanced it out with a more refined design; generally it doesn't look as unbelievable as the other two.

These are clearly not designed by GF.

Maybe you right. Still they believable then this

But if you did read carefully i said it a rejected idea so may they change it and Gamefreak don't say anything so we don't know yet.

Also I said they have a same theme not in the design (Litten is the least)

Plus GF is not always great in they designs before final design I mean if you know that marill was will be just a pink mouse...so yes maybe GF cancelled theme because leak or it was so creepy.

Also if you don't remember back days the final evolutions we have now when they was ALSO leak most of people screaming (Fake)(they not GF style) ect..

But if you don't like it ok to me, i am happy that someone at least really read my thread

Edit:also Typhlosion also have no design.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    Wow these newer pokemon look terrible man, not one of those anti-anything above gen 3 but some of the newer ones look ridiculous (yes some of the old ones look ridiculous too)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Wow these newer pokemon look terrible man, not one of those anti-anything above gen 3 but some of the newer ones look ridiculous (yes some of the old ones look ridiculous too)

Nah I like both :)

But I was hope if they make them as second evolution line so make theme really unique.

Last edited:
    Back