• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Legacy

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • I don't consider myself a writer. In fact I hardly read many articles, books or magazines largely because it just doesn't interest me. Yet when I do find something I enjoy(like Pokemon), my mind wanders and I can go into a creative spin. Hence a few days ago, I started theorizing what the anime might do post Sun and Moon(SM for short). The following Episode summary assumes that no one from SM returned with Ash and no one from previous generations returned during SM. I haven't gotten around to writing all the dialogue but the summary can give an idea as to what they would be saying.

Pokemon:Legacy Episode 1: A Surprise Celebration.

Summary: It has been a few years since Ash set off on his journey with Pikachu and is now back home in Pallet Town celebrating his 14th Birthday. With him are Dawn, Kenny, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena(who arrives later with three surprises). Dawn explains that during her travels that she has learned a great deal but the Top Coordinator title that she set out to acquire back in Sinnoh still eludes her. She mentions that May became Top Coordinator in Johto after winning the Wallace Cup that took place there. Now she's back home in Pettalburg City training with Max to one day take over the Gym from their father Norman and that Drew talks to her frequently and suspects that they're now dating.

As for Kenny, Dawn explains that they're now traveling together and after considerable perseverance on Kenny's part, she agreed to be his girlfriend. Dawn admits she did have a slight crush on Ash but Kenny slowly won her over, particularly when he beat Ash back in Sunnyshore City. Kenny and Dawn intend to travel through the Kanto region together and participate in the region's Pokemon Contests with the hope of competing and winning the Kanto Grand Festival.

Bonnie, who is now old enough to be a Pokemon Trainer, set off with her brother Clemont to exhibit his latest model of Clembot in Viridian City and other cities in the Kanto region. Clemont hopes to demonstrate its usefulness so that other Gym Leaders may benefit from being able to travel and develop their skills even further as opposed to being stuck at the Gym taking on potential challengers. Bonnie ended up taking possession of not only Dedenne, but also Chespin from her big brother. She hopes to catch her first Pokemon soon and, as always, find a wife for her big brother.

Serena arrives and announces she has three surprises. First surprise is giving all the Pokemon Pokepuffs(from which Chespin cheerfully rushes in to grab his share). Second surprise is an embroidered handkerchief for Ash as a thank you for their time together in the Kalos region.

After having set aside the handkerchief, Ash asks what the third surprise happens to be. Serena responds confidently, "I'll show you." Serena places her hands on Ash and lands a kiss on Ash that shocks everyone but Dawn. Ash, in a shocked daze, just stands there while Serena struts away noting, "I knew it." Dawn, not the least bit surprised, mentions that Ash's confident personality leaves a mark on nearly every girl he meets. She goes on to say that after having a girl to girl chat with May back in Johto, she learned that not only May had a slight crush on Ash but that Ash had stolen the heart of Misty(which she learned from Brock) and the heart of Angie, although it didn't occur to Dawn that was the case until much later. Dawn remarks that, in Serena's case, it's obviously much more than that.

Later on in the party, Ash asks Serena what she's been up to since they were together. She responds rather frankly, "A lot." Serena initially set out in Hoenn to enter and participate in Pokemon Contests to sharpen her battling skills and bond with her Pokemon but opted to include the Hoenn Gym's as well. She mentioned that the days they spent at Professor Sycamore's Summer Camp profoundly changed her life. Not only did she finally find a dream for herself, the wisdom Ash gave her about nothing is ever a waste of time and to never give up really stuck with her. It's why she made Ash her goal and why she chose to do both Pokemon Contests and Gyms and has been pushing herself and her Pokemon hard ever since.

Ash inquires as to how she did and she responds that she did exceedingly well, far better than even she had hoped for but credits much of her success to her Pokemon. She placed in the top 4 of the Hoenn Grand Festival, earned 8 Hoenn Gym badges and placed in the Top 8 in the Hoenn League. Noting of her desire to do better, she then travelled to Sinnoh and repeated the feat of entering both the Sinnoh Grand Festival and Sinnoh League. She fell short in the Sinnoh League(Top 16 finish) but came out on top in the Grand Festival. Afterwards, she returned home for a break before traveling out to Kanto with the hope of seeing Ash again.

Ash then remarks, "So you're here to compete in both contests and the Gyms right?" Serena nods in agreement before replying, "Ash, remember that you are my goal. Nothing I do is a waste of time when it comes to achieving it." She then turns to Ash and asks if they can have a Pokemon battle, noting that they didn't really have one back in Kalos and that she wants to test how far along she has come. They go out back and have a 6v6 battle in which Serena wins rather convincingly using just three of her Pokemon(Ryhorn, Sylveon and her own Pikachu).

Serena walks over to Ash, who is in a state of shock, and says, "I didn't come to admire you for wallowing in self pity. Cheer up Ash and as a rival once said to me, 'No need to worry'." Dawn nods in agreement before Serena remarks, "Ash, how about you join me on my journey through the Kanto region? Clemont and Bonnie are already tagging along so if you're in, it'd just be like the old days." Ash heartedly agrees and the next day they set off on their Kanto Adventure.

Rest of the series, which I've yet to write, encompasses Ash challenging all the Kanto Gyms with Serena, supporting Dawn and Serena in Pokemon Contests(while participating in some himself) and meeting old acquaintances like Suzie(who has reopened her shop with her partner Zane), Duplica(Ditto trainer that gave Ash fits), Frontier Brains and Pokemon(Pidgeot returns to the fold for starters). I have it planned out in my head that Dawn, Kenny and Serena all qualify for the Grand Festival with Serena defeating Kenny in the semifinals and facing Dawn for the crown. Dawn pulls off the upset and finally achieves her goal. As for the Kanto/Indigo League, Ash and Serena battle their way to the Final with Ash topping Serena in a battle worthy of watching a second time. Serena isn't ashamed of losing either since it means that she's finally ready to challenge Aria for Kalos Queen(wherein she ultimately succeeds with Ash by her side).

Vragon

I won't lie, I was a bit confused about your whole chapter. It was sort of abrupt transitions from one thing to another that kinda made it unclear if I was in narration/dialogue/outside of the story.

I also would like to say that disclaimer is needed. I get it, I mean I personally don't think of myself as a good writer at all. Course, that doesn't mean that having no or little writing experience can negate a good writing from said individual.

The only real problems I had was with the scene transitions and some weird written parts. I think it's a fine little work and hope it exceeds in the future.

(Though I wouldn't recommend spoiling the rest so we can enjoy the rest along with you)

Bay

Years
  • I agree with Vragon that this felt more like a long summary sprinkle with some dialogue instead of a proper chapter, which you even said yourself. I admit to only watching a couple episodes of the XY series and having a little familiarity with the other characters, but sounds like you got big plans for everyone.

I think it would be best for me and any other readers to wait on properly commenting the characterization once you fully flesh out the dialogue and their reactions/emotions. The summary of this episode sounds like you might take a few chapters to get things rolling.

As for not considering yourself a writer and reading up stuff on that, don't worry. I myself have been writing several years already and I still don't consider myself all that great haha. While reading articles will help some, the best way to improve your craft is practice, get feedback, and reading works from other writers. I too wish you luck, and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I agree with Vragon that this felt more like a long summary sprinkle with some dialogue instead of a proper chapter, which you even said yourself. I admit to only watching a couple episodes of the XY series and having a little familiarity with the other characters, but sounds like you got big plans for everyone.

I think it would be best for me and any other readers to wait on properly commenting the characterization once you fully flesh out the dialogue and their reactions/emotions. The summary of this episode sounds like you might take a few chapters to get things rolling.

As for not considering yourself a writer and reading up stuff on that, don't worry. I myself have been writing several years already and I still don't consider myself all that great haha. While reading articles will help some, the best way to improve your craft is practice, get feedback, and reading works from other writers. I too wish you luck, and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for feedback but its a raw/unfinished draft. Honestly from a rough draft perspective, I find it to be satisfactory. Writing was never my forte and the fact I even passed my English/Writing classes still amazes me to this day(I was more into Math/Science, hence anything that didn't interest me bored the hell out of me). I plan to revise and edit in changes when I have the time but this story is something I hope/wish the anime opts to adopt sometime in the future because the series can't last forever and therefore deserves one last grand hurrah.

Back