• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fire Red 169

should i take out some hoenn pokemon and replace them with Cross gen evos from later gens?

• ye

Votes: 71 70.3%
  • nah

Votes: 30 29.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021

NfrFF

Pokemon Fire Red 169 is a little hack of Fire Red, with the chance to obtain all 150 Kanto Pokemon, and their cross gen evolutions from Johto! (Also PLEEEEEASE keep in mind that this hack was originally made for me, hence the lack of new moves/PSS split, i wanted it as close to gen 3 as possible)

Features
    - Able to obtain all Kanto Pokemon and their evolutions before the Elite 4! (Sevii Islands post-game is still required to get Mewtwo as of now, will be fixed so you can catch it right after the E4)
    - All Leaf Green version exclusives obtainable
    - No more trade evolutions!
    - National Dex at the start
    - Indoor running shoes
    - The 3 Kanto starters are obtainable in the wild
    - All baby Pokemon are found where their evolution is (ex Pichu in Viridian Forest) with the exception of Tyrogue, who is in Rock Tunnel

Evolution Changes
    -Made POLIWHIRL evolve into POLITOED at level 37
    -Made KADABRA evolve into ALAKAZAM at level 37
    -Made MACHOKE evolve into MACHAMP at level 37
    -Made GRAVELER evolve into GOLEM at level 37
    -Made SLOWPOKE evolve into SLOWKING using a WATER STONE
    -Made HAUNTER evolve into GENGAR at level 37
    -Made ONIX evolve into STEELIX at level 30
    -Made SEADRA evolve into KINGDRA at level 40
    -Made SCYTHER evolve into SCIZOR at level 30
    -Made EEVEE evolve into ESPEON using a SUN STONE
    -Made EEVEE evolve into UMBREON using a MOON STONE
    -Made PORYGON evolve into PORYGON2 at level 30

FAQ
    - Is the game completed?
    yes, and no, you are able to play through the game and catch all the Pokemon I intended on being catchable, but I'm not done in sense of features (new moves, PSS split, etc). This being my first hack is just a base for another hack i have in mind, which will have said features. (thats years down the road, though)

- Where are the Sun Stones for Bellossom & Espeon?
    check the Underground Path by Celadon.

Where can I find the Kanto Starters?
    - Bulbasaur is in Berry Forest
    - Charmander is on Mt. Ember
    - Squirtle is in the first 2 areas in the Safari Zone (Surf)
    - Eevee is on Route 22
    They're all very rare (like Pikachu rare) so be patient!

Bugs
    - The Eevee in Oaks intro has a Chinchou cry (from the randomizer)

Tools Used
    - UPR
    - Advanced Map 1.92
    - Advanced IntroEd

Patch is in the attachments along with screenshots, use 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) to patch​

Attachments

• Fire Red 169.ips
      2.9 KB · Views: 1,127
    • Fire Red Hack.png
      Fire Red Hack.png
      5.2 KB · Views: 308
    • Fire Red Hack1.png
      Fire Red Hack1.png
      5.8 KB · Views: 240
    • Fire Red Hack2.png
      Fire Red Hack2.png
      5.5 KB · Views: 272
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Some questions:
    -How did you make it so Johot evolutions can be done before the Elite Four? I made an evolution of Furret in my hack and Sentret available on Route 1, but it won't evolve (because Furret is from Gen 2 ofc) and I need o at least be able to test how strong or weak the evolution is.
    -What is the "PSS Split"? Is that how some moves are physical or special independent of type? I'd love to know how to make that work too, but it's not completely necessary.
    -How did you get indoor Running Shoes?

It's alright if you don't want to explain these, I'm just wanting to add a little bit more stuff to my hack :P

Years
  • Some questions:
    -How did you make it so Johot evolutions can be done before the Elite Four? I made an evolution of Furret in my hack and Sentret available on Route 1, but it won't evolve (because Furret is from Gen 2 ofc) and I need o at least be able to test how strong or weak the evolution is.
    -What is the "PSS Split"? Is that how some moves are physical or special independent of type? I'd love to know how to make that work too, but it's not completely necessary.
    -How did you get indoor Running Shoes?

It's alright if you don't want to explain these, I'm just wanting to add a little bit more stuff to my hack :P

pss split > yes
    indoor Running shoes > you can search it through this community

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Would there be anyway to see a small glimpse of FireRed 169? Like maybe just a 10 min video or something? I've been wanting to download it, but I'd just like to get an idea of what it looks like or if any small things were changed in regards to saving, or the opening. Was the Evee's sound in the opening ever patched? Has anything else been changed since? I guess I just want to see it in action. If it's not too much trouble that is.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    I cant find the sunstone in the underground path, I used the item finder and still no luck any help please. Also love this rom

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2020
    I'm playing and when I get past the menu explaining the controls it restarts. Can someone explain what is happening?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022

NfrFF

Pokemon Fire Red 169 is a little hack of Fire Red, with the chance to obtain all 150 Kanto Pokemon, and their cross gen evolutions from Johto! (Also PLEEEEEASE keep in mind that this hack was originally made for me, hence the lack of new moves/PSS split, i wanted it as close to gen 3 as possible)

Features
    - Able to obtain all Kanto Pokemon and their evolutions before the Elite 4! (Sevii Islands post-game is still required to get Mewtwo as of now, will be fixed so you can catch it right after the E4)
    - All Leaf Green version exclusives obtainable
    - No more trade evolutions!
    - National Dex at the start
    - Indoor running shoes
    - The 3 Kanto starters are obtainable in the wild
    - All baby Pokemon are found where their evolution is (ex Pichu in Viridian Forest) with the exception of Tyrogue, who is in Rock Tunnel

Evolution Changes
    -Made POLIWHIRL evolve into POLITOED at level 37
    -Made KADABRA evolve into ALAKAZAM at level 37
    -Made MACHOKE evolve into MACHAMP at level 37
    -Made GRAVELER evolve into GOLEM at level 37
    -Made SLOWPOKE evolve into SLOWKING using a WATER STONE
    -Made HAUNTER evolve into GENGAR at level 37
    -Made ONIX evolve into STEELIX at level 30
    -Made SEADRA evolve into KINGDRA at level 40
    -Made SCYTHER evolve into SCIZOR at level 30
    -Made EEVEE evolve into ESPEON using a SUN STONE
    -Made EEVEE evolve into UMBREON using a MOON STONE
    -Made PORYGON evolve into PORYGON2 at level 30

FAQ
    - Is the game completed?
    yes, and no, you are able to play through the game and catch all the Pokemon I intended on being catchable, but I'm not done in sense of features (new moves, PSS split, etc). This being my first hack is just a base for another hack i have in mind, which will have said features. (thats years down the road, though)

- Where are the Sun Stones for Bellossom & Espeon?
    check the Underground Path by Celadon.

Where can I find the Kanto Starters?
    - Bulbasaur is in Berry Forest
    - Charmander is on Mt. Ember
    - Squirtle is in the first 2 areas in the Safari Zone (Surf)
    - Eevee is on Route 22
    They're all very rare (like Pikachu rare) so be patient!

Bugs
    - The Eevee in Oaks intro has a Chinchou cry (from the randomizer)

Tools Used
    - UPR
    - Advanced Map 1.92
    - Advanced IntroEd

Patch is in the attachments along with screenshots, use 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) to patch​

I can just say: THANK YOU! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2023
    Has there been any more updates to this? And is this a complete version with only one bug?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2023
    The encounter rate for Eevees is a little high, did some farming on route 22 and got 4 of them in the span of 10 mins

Days
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Wondering if there's an update including the pss switch? I've been looking for a simple patch like this with both pss and no trade evo's, and this is the closest I can find.

Days
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Wondering if there's an update including the pss switch? I've been looking for a simple patch like this with both pss and no trade evo's, and this is the closest I can find.
    So after thinking it over, I ended up finding a pss patch from another conmunity member here:

Seems you have to apply the pss patch first, then apply this patch to the newly pss patched rom. I tried the opposite order first and had some looping occur.

The main reason for this combo, personally, was to make gengar accessible and actually viable.

Back