• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Trivia

Years
    Video Game Trivia
    Put your video game knowledge to the test against the other tribes in PokeCommunity's Video Game Trivia!

HOW THIS WORKS

THE INITIAL TRIVIA SET

Below you will find the first set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is PM your answers to Nick Wilde or Juno. For this set only, you may send in your answers at any point during the Get-Together.

Your tribe COLLECTIVELY will have 3 attempts to answer these questions correctly, with your last set of answers being your final submission. Your tribe will then score 100 points. Points throughout the trivia will be totaled up at the end to determine places. Places will receive the following:

• 1st place - Solgalium Z (500 points)
    • 2nd place - Icium Z (50 points)
    • 3rd place - Normalium Z (20 points)

DAILY TRIVIA

For every day of this Get-Together, a new set of 6 trivia questions will be posted. From the time it is posted, you will have 24 hours to get in your answers for each set.

40 points are up for grabs for either the first tribe to submit a fully correct Daily Trivia set or the tribe which scores the highest, and any tribe that submits more than 5 (So 6/7/8) correct answers afterwards will earn 20 points.

You will have three chances with your answers: your first two submissions will be renewed and scored, then your third submission will be your final one regardless of if you score more or less than your first (Example: if you submit the first time and get 6/8 but then only score 5/8 the next time, your score submitted will be 5/8). You will not know which answers are incorrect in these rounds.

FIRST TRIVIA SET

Consoles

Bill Gates unveiled the Xbox with an unlikely ally back in 2001, who was it?
    What console was originally planned to be called the ?Katana??
    Which Nintendo console has sold the most units?
    During the PlayStation?s development stage, what was its potential other name?

Peripherals

Which board was the unofficial predecessor of the Wii Balance Board?
    Which gaming peripheral features in the Super Smash Brothers series as a playable character?
    Which of the following characters from the Legend of Zelda franchise has not been made into an Amiibo: Bokoblin, Skull Kid or Revali
    What was the first Nintendo console to allow the camera function?

Tournaments

What is the most lucrative eSports game of all time to date?
    Name a company with over 3 games with officially recognised eSports tournaments.
    How long has the Evolution tournament series been running for?
    Which is the largest money match in fighting game history? How much and in what game? (Hint: money match being one person challenging another for a monetary prize, NOT the highest amount won at a match in an event such as EVO or Canada Cup etc)

POINTS TALLY

Bulu - 40
    Lele - 80
    Fini - 0
    Koko - 0

AND FINALLY...

Being a GT event, we ask that in the spirit of fun and fairness, please try to keep searching via the Internet and cheating to a minimum! It takes the fun out for those who are genuinely trying and if it seems you are a little too excessive with it...well expecting docking of points and potential retention of Z-Crystals if you do! Without further adieu, let's begin! Good luck to everyone and may the best Tribe win!​

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Video Game Trivia

DAY ONE - BEACHES & ISLANDS

Welcome to the beginning of the Video Game Trivia's daily challenges! As it stands, noone has scored a complete set for our initial round, however don't forget you have the whole GT to complete these! To provide a recap for our daily questions, there will be 8 questions in total, with 4 questions made by both myself and Juno! Either the first team to submit a fully correct set or the tribe which scores the highest when time runs out will receive 40 points, with any tribes getting 6/7/8 correct answers after that receiving 20 points. You will get 3 attempts as a team: two review rounds and then one chance for a final submission; you will therefore only be told how many you have incorrectly answered but not which ones are wrong. Your final submission regardless of previous answers will be the one submitted. Here come your questions!

Nick Wilde's questions

What is the name of the beachside resort where you find out about Regal's dark past?
    What is the name of the orphanage that sits opposite a beach in the Yakuza series?
    Which fighting game franchise had a spin-off, in which you managed a beach resort that the girls from said franchise would visit?
    What game do you encounter this wonderful seaside area with those lush palm trees?

Video Game Trivia

Juno's questions

In Crisis Core, what unique weapon is only available on the sandy beaches of Costa del Sol during Zack's "holiday"?
    A seagull washes up on the shores of the beach and tells you he forgot where he was going. How do you get a chocolate coin from him?
    This tropical paradise is shaped like a dolphin when viewed from top-down.
    Which game are these beautiful sandy shores and clear blue oceans from?

Video Game Trivia

Please make sure to message BOTH Nick Wilde and Juno. This is to ensure that despite timezones myself or Juno will pick it up.​

Last edited:
    Years
    Video Game Trivia

DAY TWO - I NEED A HERO!

Welcome to Day Two of Video Game Trivia! As it stands, you're pretty horrific at using your two chances to gauge your answers! Only Tribe Bulu used them and effectively they did, scoring 8/8 in yesterday's quiz. Well done!

Today's theme is "Heroes" - myself and Juno have provided four descriptions about our favourite heroes within the video game industry. Decode them and send the names our way to bag those points. Tribe Bulu grab the 40 points for the most correct answers (8/8), whilst no other tribes score (Lele and Fini failed to meet the requirements, scoring only 4 and 3 points each respectively, whilst Koko submitted no answers at all).

Another recap for our daily questions, there will be 8 questions in total, with 4 questions made by both myself and Juno! Either the first team to submit a fully correct set or the tribe which scores the highest when time runs out will receive 40 points, with any tribes getting 6/7/8 correct answers after that receiving 20 points. You will get 3 attempts as a team: two review rounds and then one chance for a final submission; you will therefore only be told how many you have incorrectly answered but not which ones are wrong. Your final submission regardless of previous answers will be the one submitted.

Nick Wilde's heroes

A demon and.....a demoness?? Despite his persona/alignment/attitude, this boy has a heart of gold when it truly counts, leading his mish-mash army to victory!
    Speech is silver, however silence is golden when it comes to this person. What he lacks in speech however, he makes up for in his impressive arsenal of swords, flutes, masks and much more. He's great at listening, too!
    Dwarven Vow #15: this guy goes to the end of the world - two worlds in fact - to save his friends!
    With his great crew to make sure he doesn't have a bogey on his tail, this foxy character delves deep into space to rid it of evil.

Juno's heroes

A young girl with a huge burden on her shoulders. Without sin, she has a lighter, more musical side.
    I am red and there are four sides to me. I started my journey alone but met many colourful friends along the way.
    A somewhat odd addition to the Marvel vs. Capcom series, his moves include throwing paperwork at his opponents and siccing a Shiba Inu on enemies.
    Don't let her stature and age fool you - she can be pretty tough. One half of an unlikely duo, she enjoys puns, blueberries and kicking ass.

Please make sure to message BOTH Nick Wilde and Juno. This is to ensure that despite timezones myself or Juno will pick it up.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024

SET THREE - BAD TO THE BONE

You can't have heroes without villains, so let's take a look at some baddies today! In the same format as the last set, Nick Wilde and I have provided four descriptions of our favourite video game bad guys. Decode them and send the names our way to bag those points.

Another recap for our daily questions, there will be 8 questions in total, with 4 questions made by both of us! Either the first team to submit a fully correct set or the tribe which scores the highest when time runs out will receive 40 points, with any tribes getting 6/7/8 correct answers after that receiving 20 points. You will get 3 attempts as a team: two review rounds and then one chance for a final submission; you will therefore only be told how many you have incorrectly answered but not which ones are wrong. Your final submission regardless of previous answers will be the one submitted.

NICK WILDE'S VILLAINS

• With my long and flowing silver locks, almightily long blade and...one wing(?!), I?ll be your angel.
    • I am a doctor and therefore all brains, I also sport probably the world?s most fabulous moustache; I will go to the ends of the Zone to bring you 7 gorgeous Emeralds.
    • I?m the Mother of all knowledge and just like my children, once I?ve got you I?ll make sure to never let go
    • Whether you be an Amazon or a Neceomancer, I?ll be here waiting at my sanctuary to bring the fires of Hell into your life.

JUNO'S VILLAINS

• One touch from us and you're dead, but fruits are the bane of our existence - they really spook us out.
    • Once a celebrated hero, the corruption of my soul took one crown from me but made me King of something else.
    • Your best friend. I sure love to steal hearts when I'm in this form, but I'm not quite myself when I'm like this.
    • Mr. Steal Yo Girl (literally). I've got quite a tough, spiky armor anyway, but get too close and you'll get burned.

Please make sure to message BOTH Nick Wilde and Juno. This is to ensure that despite timezones myself or Juno will pick it up.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024

A POK?MON X HEARTHSTONE CHALLENGE

We're doing something a little different today! You may or may not know I'm a huge Hearthstone fan, and even if you're not familiar with it, I think today's challenge will be a fun one. It's not trivia per se, but we're making Hearthstone cards!

Each tribe must come up with a card that represents their Guardian deity (Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele & Tapu Fini respectively). You can make any card you like, of any class. You are not limited to making a minion, so weapons, spells, even hero cards are fair game as long as you feel like it represents your Tapu.

Some Templates are located here, but you are free to find your own if you find something of better quality (so long as it looks like a Hearthstone card). If you are unfamiliar with Hearthstone and its mechanics, I would suggest giving this a quick skim to get a good feel of what the cards generally look like.

CRITERIA
    You will be judged by Nick Wilde and I on the following:

Gameplay: Whether the card is mechanically interesting, bonus points if it would be a good addition to the game in its current state (this isn't super important since I know not everyone plays Hearthstone).

Balance: Stats and effect can't be completely game-breaking/OP!

Effort: How much thought was put into the card - you can just slap a Tapu's image in it and put some stats on it; that's a completely valid card but you can do more with it!

Creativity: Everything from your choice of card type, and the effect you put on it can say a lot about the card, and that will be taken into account. You are a bit limited in creativity as the theme is set, but that doesn't mean you can't play around with the name of the card, description or its interactivity.​

Your Photoshop/art skill will not be taken into account here, you do not need to draw an image of your Tapu to fit the card, nor does it matter if the fonts match real Hearthstone cards perfectly or not. It matters what you put on the card, not how.

SCORING

Nick Wilde and I will each choose a favourite card (and be 100% impartial to our own tribes), and the winning tribes will earn 40 points each. Each member may submit 1 card, and the winners will take these points home for their tribe.

Have fun! I really look forward to the submissions.

Please make sure to message BOTH Nick Wilde and Juno, and if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in this thread, PM/VM or give us a ping on the Discord!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024

FINAL SET

For the rest of the Get Together, Rabi and I have decided to release this final set and have you guys work on it until the end of the event - it's a big list so you don't need to answer everything but you will earn 2 points per question you send in - you are still limited to 3 PMs per tribe, and you have until 12AM BST of Tuesday (July 31st) to get your final answers in. Good luck!

NICK WILDE'S QUESTIONS

• What are the 6 Arts/Stances that Tekken's Lei Wulong uses?
    • Which country sold Gran Turismo SPORT's most expensive bundle?
    • How do you obtain the Gatling Gun and Longbowq in Resident Evil 5?
    • Which three characters have been in the Street Fighter series since the first game?
    • What spells exclusive to her can Selphie cast during her Limit Break?
    • Which Super Smash Bros. Melee glitch required Peach, Fox and Falco?
    • Name me this game - you walk around on a dice, matching its top face with that of other die on the field; you eliminate die by matching the relevant number of matchin faces (Five 5s, Two 2s, etc)
    • What are the beasts that run rampant in the later parts of Until Dawn?
    • Which renowned Tekken player hold the same name as a part of your body?
    • What are the three types of zone you can build in SimCity 4?
    • If standing still, what letter will Bayonetta shoot against a wall?
    • The Sage of Light, Rauru, is in what other Legend of Zelda game?
    • Where did 'Noob Saibot' get his name from?
    • Why can Sonic not swim?
    • What are the JAPANESE (Romaji) names of all the Mavericks in Megaman X2?
    • Which two celebrities are the influences behind Solid Snake's design?

JUNO'S QUESTIONS

• Which game are these bosses from?*
    • What type of creature writes Maggie a love letter in The Wind Waker?
    • This emote was removed from Hearthstone and replaced with "Wow".
    • One of the two main characters in _________ was initially criticized for "ripping off" Ellen Page's likeness; the actress even called them out herself.
    • What is this creature called?*
    • This supposedly peaceful leader in the Civilization games is famous for unexpectedly dropping nukes.
    • This character from the Ace Attorney series has piercing green eyes and loves to inquire about swimming.
    • Who is the only monster (aside from Flowey of any form) in Undertale that possesses determination?
    • In Skyrim, this shout is unique to Alduin and it summons a meteor storm instead of a lightning storm.
    • This character appears in almost all versions of the Sims, but his role is replaced by Captain Catastrophe and a genie in some games.
    • _______ from The World Ends With You and _______ from Final Fantasy X are similar in their fighting style, in that they both have a very peculiar (and adorable) weapon of choice.
    • The existence of this creature in Minecraft was actually an accident - it was Notch's botched attempt at creating a pig.
    • Hi????????! My name is ________ and I like poetry, ???????????????????????&???e?????????????? and playing piano. Will you promise to spend the most time with me? ?
    • Which game is this weapon from?*
    • This controversial French game designer is often critiqued for his "interactive movies".
    • This guy's cousin loves to call him up and ask him to go bowling with him all the time.
    * = click on question to view related image(s)

Please make sure to message BOTH Nick Wilde and Juno. This is to ensure that despite timezones myself or Juno will pick it up.

Last edited:
    Back