R.Salas

Rohan Salas

Male
Brazil
Seen April 8th, 2019
Posted April 8th, 2019
6 posts
1.2 Years
This is my first ever game mod. Although is a very simple one, I'm really proud of it and I'm excited to share it to you all.

Story

Spoiler:
The game is an improved version of Pokemon Shinning Emerald. Thus meaning that the story itself is the same as Pokemon Emerald game.

Features

Spoiler:
- All 386 Pokémons from the first 3 generations are located in the map and can be captured, including starters;

- Game is a little bit harder in order to challenge the Trainer;

- All Gym leaders have a complete team with 6 pokémons;

- Different Starters: Bagon, Dratini and Larvitar;

- Movesets and Status have been slightly changed in order to balance the game;

- All Pokemons evolve in-game. There's no need to trade Pokemon's to evolve anymore;

- End the story with your pokemons around level 60~70. This has been changed in order to explore more pokemons moveset, especially pokemons that evolve late game.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Your new adventure starts

Spoiler:

Onix and many other pokemons evolve in-game

Spoiler:

All starters can be found in-game

Spoiler:

Some pokemons, such as Kingler, had their stats upgraded

Spoiler:

Every legendary pokemons in-game

Spoiler:

Create the team of your dreams
Spoiler:

Begin your journey with different starters

Spoiler:

Pokemon locations have been changed in order for the game to not be repetitive

Spoiler:

Bonus tough fight with my fav team.

Credits
Spoiler:
Since this is my first time ever modding anything, I used all the help I could get from many forums and tutorial out there. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of all the tutorials I used. So I want to thanks everybody that creates those tutorials and that help newbie people like me to create our own mods.

I also wanna thanks the following tools:

- HackRomTools;
- Free Space Finder;
- XDelta;

Which allowed me the creation of this mod.

Locations and Info

Spoiler:
Some useful information regarded the Pokemons locations and evolutions are in the .doc file which can be founded in the .zip file. If there is a pokemon evolution that is not listed in the doc file it means that the Pokemon evolves by leveling up.
I can provide any additional info if required.

Bugs
Spoiler:
There's a minor bug in Dewford town where some stones were put in order to facilitate evolving Eevee's evolutions. The bug does not affect the gameplay at all, but I will fix it as soon as I can. Contact me if you see any other bug and I'll make the changes.

Author's opinion

Spoiler:

Although I know there are many wonderful and out of this world mods out there, I'm very proud of what I achieved with this game, especially because it was all done by myself while going to university and having to work.
Since this is my first time doing something like this, I beg your pardon if there might be some mistakes, but I'll try to correct them.
Also, english is not my native language.

Attachments
Spoiler:

Pokemon Shinning Emerald.zip

In this file you cand find the patch for Pokemon Emerald and the .doc file with some helpful information.
I used Xdelta to patch the file.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,015 posts
6.2 Years
I can see a theme with the starts, being one of the pseudo-legendary powerhouses, but personally I feel Beldum would be better over Bagon due to the fact salamence and dragonite both share the same typing. Sure Beldum only has Take Down until it evolves but that adds to the challenge of starting with Beldum. Of course its your decision, I only mention it since this allows for a more appropriate type match up triangle between the three starters.

R.Salas

Rohan Salas

Male
Brazil
Seen April 8th, 2019
Posted April 8th, 2019
6 posts
1.2 Years
I really appreciate your comment I will put thought on this decision, I really liked it. I might even add a patch version where Beldum is a starter.I am thinking about making Beldum starts with tackle and then learn Take Down by leveling up, since it is a extreme powerful move to have in early game.
Thanks for the feedback!

Inner Rhymes

Male
Team Skull's Hood.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
607 posts
2.5 Years
Yooooo! Congratulations on releasing your first ever hack! I was hoping to ask if you plan on adding new tilesets to the hack or maybe the DS Sprites to give it a more modern look?
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.
Advertiser Content