• 5 replies
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted March 25th, 2021
9 posts
1 Years

Pokémon Battle Labyrinth

Story

Hello there!
You've been invited to participate in an experiment run by Dr. Colress of the Unova region. He has created a specialized simulation for only the strongest of trainers, called the Pokemon Battle Labyrinth! Fight your way through a gauntlet of challenge rooms, manage your resources, and build a team of Pokemon generations 1-7 in this unique, arcade-esque ROM hack.

Features

• A complete deviation from the default 8 Gyms, Elite Four, evil team game progression. This ROM Hack is meant to emulate the RPG dungeon crawling style of other games.
  • All Pokemon from generation 1-8 are available for capture, including Alolan forms. Pokemon have been rebalanced or changed in some way, through their base stats, abilities, movepools, or typing.
  • Dizzyegg’s Battle Engine, which comes with the generation 7 battle engine, as well as functional Mega Evolution (Z-moves are not included)!
  • An optional Nuzlocke mode, completely implemented with Dupes Clause, Species Clause, and Shiny Clause.
  • An emphasis on challenging gameplay and resource management over story. Expect tricky puzzles, challenging bosses, and great rewards.
  • Soft level caps intended to emphasize strategy over grinding, as well as a balanced level curve suited to a full party of 6 Pokemon.
  • Shops that service your every need! Buy nearly every item in the game and utilize special services, including Experience training and Move Tutors.
  • Quality of life features include but are not limited to: Nature colored stats, Display EV/IV on the Pokémon Stats Screen, Bag sorting, BW2 Repel prompts, Reusable TMs, Running indoors, Autorun, DS-style Pokémon Party Screen, HMs are replaced by key items

Screenshots

screenshot1.pngscreenshot2.pngscreenshot3.pngscreenshot4.pngscreenshot5.pngscreenshot6.pngscreenshot7.pngscreenshot8.png

Credits

• eatthepear - developer
  • Pret - original decompilers of Emerald’s code
  • Dizzyegg - battle engine v2, Pokémon Expansion and Item Expansion, Scrolling Multichoice, BW2 Repel prompts
  • rh-h - updated expansion branches
  • ghoulslash - Autorun, Bag Sorting, give custom Pokémon, repeated field medicine use, other various QoL things I've no doubt forgotten about
  • PokémonCrazy - Soft Exp Level caps, show EV/IV
  • Kurausukun - Nuzlocke implementation
  • TheXaman - DS-style Pokémon Party Screen
  • Lunos - tutorials on decomps and other help
  • Simple Modifications Directory - a ton of small changes

Bugs

• Sometimes, right before you warp, if you're fast enough you can initiate the talking script again.
  • Most bugs that are in the rhh expansion branches are also here.
  • Please report any bugs on the Pokémon Battle Labyrinth Discord server: https://discord.gg/yu2gRzr

Current Progress

Currently up to Zone 15 is completed. You can see what sort of progress is being made at the Pokémon Battle Labyrinth Discord server: https://discord.gg/yu2gRzr

Download

The patch file, as well as a patching guide, can be found in the Google Drive folder below. In addition, you can find links to documentation of all Pokemon changes, Shop upgrades, items, wild Pokemon, and Trainers.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XONw7E_0JB7irsiSrGcjSjWi5Vmz5-rf?usp=sharing

Lucariokalos

Playing rom hacks and official game

Age 30
Male
Unova Region( Drifveil City)
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
57 posts
1.2 Years
Awesome I gonna try it

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.

Age 19
Male
Canada
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
435 posts
5 Years

Pokémon Battle Labyrinth

Story

Hello there!
You've been invited to participate in an experiment run by Dr. Colress of the Unova region. He has created a specialized simulation for only the strongest of trainers, called the Pokemon Battle Labyrinth! Fight your way through a gauntlet of challenge rooms, manage your resources, and build a team of Pokemon generations 1-7 in this unique, arcade-esque ROM hack.

Features

• A complete deviation from the default 8 Gyms, Elite Four, evil team game progression. This ROM Hack is meant to emulate the RPG dungeon crawling style of other games.
  • All Pokemon from generation 1-7 are available for capture, including Alolan forms. Pokemon have been rebalanced or changed in some way, through their base stats, abilities, movepools, or typing.
  • Dizzyegg’s Battle Engine, which comes with the generation 7 battle engine, as well as functional Mega Evolution (Z-moves are not included)!
  • An optional Nuzlocke mode, completely implemented with Dupes Clause, Species Clause, and Shiny Clause.
  • An emphasis on challenging gameplay and resource management over story. Expect tricky puzzles, challenging bosses, and great rewards.
  • Soft level caps intended to emphasize strategy over grinding, as well as a balanced level curve suited to a full party of 6 Pokemon.
  • Shops that service your every need! Buy nearly every item in the game and utilize special services, including Experience training and Move Tutors.
  • Quality of life features include but are not limited to: Nature colored stats, Display EV/IV on the Pokémon Stats Screen, Bag sorting, BW2 Repel prompts, Reusable TMs, Running indoors, Autorun, DS-style Pokémon Party Screen, HMs are replaced by key items

Screenshots

Attachment 93917Attachment 93918Attachment 93919Attachment 93920Attachment 93921Attachment 93922Attachment 93923Attachment 93924

Credits

• eatthepear - developer
  • Pret - original decompilers of Emerald’s code
  • Dizzyegg - battle engine v2, Pokémon Expansion and Item Expansion, Scrolling Multichoice, BW2 Repel prompts
  • ghoulslash - Autorun, Bag Sorting, give custom Pokémon, repeated field medicine use, other various QoL things I've no doubt forgotten about
  • PokémonCrazy - Soft Exp Level caps, show EV/IV
  • Kurausukun - Nuzlocke implementation
  • TheXaman - DS-style Pokémon Party Screen
  • Lunos - tutorials on decomps and other help

Bugs

• Sometimes, right before you warp, if you're fast enough you can initiate the talking script again.
  • Please report any bugs on the Pokémon Battle Labyrinth Discord server: https://discord.gg/yu2gRzr

Current Progress

Currently up to Zone 10 is completed. You can see what sort of progress is being made at the Pokémon Battle Labyrinth Discord server: https://discord.gg/yu2gRzr

Download

The patch file, as well as a patching guide, can be found in the Google Drive folder below. In addition, you can find complete documentation of all Pokemon changes, Shop upgrades, items, wild Pokemon, and Trainers.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XONw7E_0JB7irsiSrGcjSjWi5Vmz5-rf?usp=sharing
It’s unique enough to warrant a try, I’ll try it.
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Radiant White, Pokemon Darkfire

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries. Pokémon Sors

Currently a Beta Tester for:
Pokémon saffron
Pokémon Sors

IMPORTANT: i'm currently OPEN to ANY rom hacks that need beta testing. PM me on pokecommunity, thanks!
Age 24
Male
Saturn
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted March 7th, 2021
271 posts
8.4 Years
Just beaten the current beta and can say its really awesome and easily recommendable hack that can be enjoyed for both casual and hardcore pokefans alike. Reminds me of "firered vr mission" but this has more replay value. I am excited to see more release!

I would love to share few ideas I have come up with while playing:
Spoiler:

* Adding bag limitation similar to what we seen in Emerald battle pyramid and PMD series. You can only carry 15-20 items. To add more challenge, TMs can be taught via PC which will teach the TM moves for the TM you got.
* HM moves are still shockingly undeletable despite so many amazing QOL additions.
* You can only receive the end prize (for beating each zone) if you can beat it within certain time or number of steps.
* Adding randomness to the dungeons. Some trainers will have two set teams and pick one of them randomly. etc.
* Tweak up the starter early four movepool. Similar to PMD. And ability to change their nature would been fantastic too.

Always FEEL CONFIDENT!!!
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted March 25th, 2021
9 posts
1 Years
Just beaten the current beta and can say its really awesome and easily recommendable hack that can be enjoyed for both casual and hardcore pokefans alike. Reminds me of "firered vr mission" but this has more replay value. I am excited to see more release!

I would love to share few ideas I have come up with while playing:
Spoiler:

* Adding bag limitation similar to what we seen in Emerald battle pyramid and PMD series. You can only carry 15-20 items. To add more challenge, TMs can be taught via PC which will teach the TM moves for the TM you got.
* HM moves are still shockingly undeletable despite so many amazing QOL additions.
* You can only receive the end prize (for beating each zone) if you can beat it within certain time or number of steps.
* Adding randomness to the dungeons. Some trainers will have two set teams and pick one of them randomly. etc.
* Tweak up the starter early four movepool. Similar to PMD. And ability to change their nature would been fantastic too.

Thanks! I really like some of these ideas and might use them. I will say that HM moves should be deletable, as I just tested by catching a wild Pikipek with Rock Smash and replacing with TM Protect. Let me know if this problem persists and I'll look into it.