• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Trainer Editing in Radical Red

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2021
    I'm having trouble editing the trainers in Pokemon Radical Red by soupercell.

All I'm trying to do is remove EVs, IVs and change a few pokemon around but none of the tools I've used have worked and I have no knowledge of hexediting.

Disclaimer that all changes made will be for private use and I have no intention of making the final product public in any capacity.

Years
    I'm having trouble editing the trainers in Pokemon Radical Red by soupercell.

All I'm trying to do is remove EVs, IVs and change a few pokemon around but none of the tools I've used have worked and I have no knowledge of hexediting.

Disclaimer that all changes made will be for private use and I have no intention of making the final product public in any capacity.

You can't change RR since the patch distributed is after compiling the CFRU in it; any ROM edited after compiling the CFRU in it can lead to disaster. Your only option is to ask soupercell to give you the "before CFRU" ROM, you change the stuff, and then you compile it again to get the "After CFRU" ROM.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2021
    You can't change RR since the patch distributed is after compiling the CFRU in it; any ROM edited after compiling the CFRU in it can lead to disaster. Your only option is to ask soupercell to give you the "before CFRU" ROM, you change the stuff, and then you compile it again to get the "After CFRU" ROM.

Sorry for the necro.

I would like to change the sprites in Radical Red with some moemon sprites. I assume this falls under the same problem and is why all my usual sprite editors fail.

Is there anyway to decompile it or smth?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    It would be arduous, but to change the sprites you could try with a combination of
    • VisualBoy Advance's Palette Viewer to locate hex values of the palette's colours
    • A Hex Editor to find the palette's offset and any pointers to it
    • NSE 2.X to Navigate to the bytes after the pointer offsets you find to check whether you're n the right place

Like I said, arduous, since you'd have to enter a battle with every character you wanted to change the sprite for to check the colours etc. But maybe if you're desperate, you could try.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    i'm trying to change pokemon trainers team, but when I use the advanced trainer only appears till gen 3 mons. There's a way I can use till gen 8?

Years
    i'm trying to change pokemon trainers team, but when I use the advanced trainer only appears till gen 3 mons. There's a way I can use till gen 8?

If you're trying it for RR, you'll be out of luck, since it already has the CFRU compiled in (there is quite some stuff to note of so I didn't go in detail).
    If you're using just FireRed, using HTE (Hopeless Trainer Editor) or HMA (Hex Maniac Advance) is a better option. You'll need to edit the INI file for HTE, however.

Back