• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW Get Key Item + Bonus Icons

Years
Introduction

Howdy comrades. This resource is the result of my personal quest to update to the most recent version of Essentials or to create as many Gen V resources as possible. This time, I've managed to update to v18 the script Get Key Item by KleinStudio. I also took the opportunity to include 17 Key Item Icons of some key items from Essentials, such as the Super Rod, the Bicycle, the Town Map, etc.

Compatibility

Pokémon Essentials version 21. Older versions are deprecated

Pictures

Spoiler:

Installation Instructions

Download the file BW Get Key Item.rar with the graphics and the plugin through the link below, extract the files and paste the folders Graphics and Plugins in your project main folder.

Individual Download

Use Instructions

To call the scene, use the command "pbGetKeyItem(:XXXX,Y)" without quotation, where X is the internal name of the item you're gonna give and Y is the number of items you're gonna give, if more than 1 item.

Ex: pbGetKeyItem(:BICYCLE,5)

The script will automatically play the animation displaying the icon defined in Graphics/Items/Key Items. If you want to display the bigger icon ( aka, à la Gen V style), you need to name the icon XXXXXX_key, where X is the default naming convention of Pokémon Essentials for icons.

Ex: POTION_key

You can also use "pbGetKeyItem("XXXXXX")", where X is the name of the image file of an item that's not defined in PBS Items.

Ex: pbGetKeyItem("itemDexMaleKey")

But this method will not show the "Get Item" message. Note that quotation inside the parentheses is necessary in order for the "fake item" to display.

Credits

If your use this resource, please credit it as BW Get Key Item.

Original version by KleinStudio

Updated Version for Essentials v18.x by DeepBlue PacificWaves
Updated Version for Essentials v19.x by Izanagi

Graphics

Icons ripped by RedBlueYellow

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
This is awesome! I love how easy to use and make new "key item" pop ups. I use this all the time and I wish this was in the base essentials for everybody to use. I hope someday lots more people use this awesome plugin. 11/5 stars. Would come again. :)

The_Glitchy_Boy

Don't Worry about me. Just being glitchy.
Years
Hoi! Glitch here. Just wondering if you have the graphic for Running Shoes. I've been searching the web for ages and can't find a proper picture. And I don't know how to rip image files from original titles.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 28, 2023
Hoi! Glitch here. Just wondering if you have the graphic for Running Shoes. I've been searching the web for ages and can't find a proper picture. And I don't know how to rip image files from original titles.

You can find on Bulbapedia website by searching Running Shoes

Years
Compatibility to v19.x Added!!!!!!

Heya folks. Did you miss me, guys and gals?

I have great news for you. Lately, I've been struggling with updating this particular script to v19, especially the new icon method. But, thanks to the user Izanagi, who did upgrade the script by himself and was kind enough to share with the community, I'm now able to update this post. So, don't forget to update your credits to include his collaboration with our fan gaming community. For that, I'm very thankful =D

Hope y'all have a great weekend, and for those fortunate enough to A. Being Brazilian and B. Have a Girlfriend/Boyfriend, Happy Lovers' Day in advance

Last edited:
Years

Hey there. Sorry for the late reply. BW doesn't have a Key Item Scene for when you receive the running shoes, but HGSS has an icon that might fill that gap. You can check out that icon down below:

Running Shoes

Hope you're doing fine

The_Glitchy_Boy

Don't Worry about me. Just being glitchy.
Years
Hey there. Sorry for the late reply. BW doesn't have a Key Item Scene for when you receive the running shoes, but HGSS has an icon that might fill that gap. You can check out that icon down below:

Running Shoes

Hope you're doing fine

Thanks. These will probably do.

Edit: I forgot the word "These" 😅

Edit 2: I've worked them into the game and its working amazingly!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited:
Years
How to Use It Instructions Added

Really minor update folks.

It has come to my attention that the post was lacking some proper instructions on how to use the script, rather than just on how to install it. For that, I'm really sorry guys.

That's why, I'm including the previously only found on the downloadable file instructions in the post as well, so it's easier to understand.

I would like to thank the user Beck, who was brought this to my attention. Without their feedback, I wouldn't even notice this tiny mistake.

Nevertheless, I hope you folks are all doing great. I know I'm been kinda missing these last months, but life keeps having some twists and turns that get us off guard from time to time. But I'll try to be more active in the community, whenever it's possible, to keep creating and sharing with you guys my ideas and creations and keep perfecting them as well.

~ DeepBlue PacificWaves​​

Last edited:
Years
Support to Pokémon Essentials v21 added!

Changelog
  • BW Get Key Item now supports Pokémon Essentials v21.
    • Because of that, older versions are, as for now, deprecated.
  • Minor changes to the code in order to make it run better in v21

Last edited:
Back