• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] CFRU Ability Pop-Ups Crashing

Years
    I've noticed during testing that the ability pop-ups when using dpe + cfru crash the game when they would appear (Gyarados with Intimidate, Geodude with Sturdy, etc.). I downloaded separate unedited versions of both to see if any edits I made caused it, but it crashes there with a clean, compatible Fire Red rom as well. I want to keep the pop-ups and not remove all of the abilities that cause them, so is there any way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    Did you follow Leon's tutorial on youtube? I've noticed that the DPE that he download is outdated.

Years
    I've noticed during testing that the ability pop-ups when using dpe + cfru crash the game when they would appear (Gyarados with Intimidate, Geodude with Sturdy, etc.). I downloaded separate unedited versions of both to see if any edits I made caused it, but it crashes there with a clean, compatible Fire Red rom as well. I want to keep the pop-ups and not remove all of the abilities that cause them, so is there any way to fix this?

Hey i am having the same issue, figure anything out?

I'm honestly not sure why this happens. It works perfectly fine for me. It must be a problem at your end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Man I'm having the same problem. Does anyone knows how to fix it?

Years

Hey i am having the same issue, figure anything out?

Man I'm having the same problem. Does anyone knows how to fix it?

Are any of you perhaps using the Leon Base?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    That's the problem, then. I'm not sure what is the thing in Leon's base that makes the game crash, but it is something. Suppose you ask Leon?

Hello, i just install clean CFRU without Leon's Base but the game still crash when ability pop-up. Idk what cause this, i saw many ROMs hack with this engine but them works fine :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    Having the same problem. Im not using leons Base and ive tried to use this other devkit and still nothing.

Back