• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Green stripes across my screen?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    So I've deleted and re-installed Pokemon Essentials v19.1 twice now, and this happens every time I playtest it? Has anyone else run into this issue and/or figured out a way to remedy it? I have not edited the project at all, this is vanilla Essentials. It does not go away once I go past the menu screen, either. I also want to mention I previously had v17 and it did not have this bug.

Attachments

• Green stripes across my screen?
      unknown.png
      15.3 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:
    Years
    Oh you didn't have to uninstall Essentials at all. This occurs when the GPU you are running Pokemon Essentials v19 off isn't the most performant one out there. This is very likely to happen on laptops. You can try this fix out and see if it works for you.

1) Open the Start Menu and search for Settings. Open Settings
    2) Now click on "System". In the left pane, select "Display", then scroll to the bottom in the right pane. Click on "Graphics Settings"
    3) Under the "Choose an app to set preference" drop-down menu, select "Desktop App". Once selected, browse for the Game.exe in your game folder.
    4) You will now be able to see the application in the Graphics Settings. Click on "Options"
    5) You will now see the "Graphics Preference" window, from where you can set which GPU to be used for the Game.exe. Select "High Performance", then select "Save", then run the game again.

Back