• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It doesn't get much more basic then this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

This RP will be your basic Pokemon journey, travelling throughout Hoenn as a trainer, collecting the badges to gain entrance to Ever Grande. Along the way however, you are welcome to take part in Pokemon Contests, the Battle Frontier, as well as the various other battle facilities we may come across. (Please note that we will be using the Emerald version of Hoenn, and Battle Tents will be placed beside Contest Halls, XD)

I know it's not much of a plot, but I'm trying to stay simple with this one.

Form

Name:
    Age: (You don't necessarily have to be 10, just don't be like 19, Oo)
    Starter: (You may choose ANY basic Pokemon, as long as it isnt a Legendary)
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History: (optional)

Later on, we'll need to tag an inventory section on, to keep track of items. Also, if you have bad grammar and spelling, please refrain from joining. I'd like to at least understand what I'm reading >>

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Oh my goodness. David. A cliche plot. What happened to you?!

XP Kidding. I'll join, although I sincerely hope it will not move along at a rate I can't catch up with. Well, it's been months since I used myself as a character...eh, why not.

Name: Lily Pi- er, Kyoko
    Starter: Pichu. Surprise, surprise~
    Appearance: A very short person. Averaging around four feet, perhaps an inch or two taller. Wavy, dark brown hair laps around her shoulder, although not too thick and not too thin. Pastel shaded mahogany eyes contrast lightly amongst her peach complexion. She usually wears a casual, informal attire- which would be a denim jean skirt, and a breezy white top. If the temperature, somehow, decreases, quite often will she be seen pulling out a pink cashmere sweater. Normal sneakers finish off the boring ensemble.
    Personality: An interesting being, to say the least. She holds a childish demeanor, some sort of lingering, deceptive innocence. Lily will use this to acquire her necessities and needs. Of course, she isn't spoiled (kinda) or anything; she's just incredibly used to having things her own way. Despite this setback, most of the time she'll fake a complacent disposition, a quiet guise, to ward of people. And then there's that whole obnoxious side of her when closely introduced. What more is there to say except that she's just extremely witty, foolish and naive? O_o;
    History: Optional. Even if I do put it in, I'd make it so that hamsters are somewhat involved, but they aren't compatible with the Pokemon world, are they..? ;;

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Let me guess- your character is a GIRL? o_o;

XP or just the fact you attached 'XD' basically after every line.

Kurosaki

Let me guess- your character is a GIRL? o_o;

XP or just the fact you attached 'XD' basically after every line.
    Think of whats usually done to my characters, but its already been done before the beginning of the RP. And I can't help the XD thing, it's like a way of life. You don't see me commenting about hamsters >>

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • You switched genders again? *memories* I'm not too sure, guess I'll find out.

btw hamsters are cute. =D

Kurosaki

You switched genders again? *memories* I'm not too sure, guess I'll find out.

btw hamsters are cute. =D
    Yes, XD *gives her a dollar*
    I had a hamster once, lasted 2 years, then died, XD
    *will stop spamming his own thread*

Kurosaki

Well, 3's enough to start, and Jake's been nagging me, XD
    We'll start from when we leave Littleroot, already in possesion of our starter Pokemon. We also each have 5 Pokeballs, and a Pokedex, if you'd like to add a section onto your profiles entitled "Inventory" and place it on there.

IC: How did I end up travelling with these two anyways? I thought grumpily to myself as I departed from my hometown with two people whom were total strangers to me. There was a boy, that appeared to be around my age, as well as a girl who seemed a tad younger then me. Of course, I hadn't told them, nor was I going to tell them about my condition. They'd only find out if they could read minds, which probably wouldn't happen!

I sighed to myself before starting a conversation. "I suppose we should get going, huh?" My hair began to fly around as the wind picked up slightly. Was it going to rain soon? That would just make my day! Not.

Last edited:

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~

Ribbon Mint Echo!
    Years
  • Can I still join?

Name: Amethyst Moon (Amy)
    Starter: Eevee

Appearance: She's quite somebody to you. Her blonde hair is all open, while she wears a silver hairband. She wears two golden bracelets on both of her wrists, and she also wears a ring on her finger. Amy wears an orange shirt that sparkles as well as shorts of the same color and it also sparkles. She wears long orange boots and she wears a waistbag that is gold color. Amy also wears an amethyst bangle, and an amethyst charm on her shirt.

Personality: Amy is in a mood that no one can understand. Her unique styles of battling and raising Pokemon are the reason she's always so kindhearted and naive. She always puts her things to good use, but to the bad teams, she's too aggresive for you to even find out why. Above all, Amy really isn't so bad. Some people can insult or offend her, but Amy just drives them away to prevent any violence. Amy wishes for the best things to happen, and her luck may just give her a chance...

~*Inventory*~ (will Edit later)

~*Team*~ (will Edit later)

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Lily, meanwhile, was lost in her own world.

"Hey, look at this," she exclaimed happily to her two new 'friends,' twirling the pokeball again and again. "Isn't it all shiny? D'ya think Pokemon are affected on how shiny their pokeballs are? D'ya? D'ya?" She giggled once, marveling at the sheer simplicity of her new unveiled Pokemon. For some reason, she felt...odd around these people. As if they were abnormal.

Oh well.

"Hey, hey," she rushed, "D'ya think being twelve is fun? 'Cause I'm going to turn twelve soon, and what are your pokemon?" She changed the topic abruptly, now immensely curious on their Pokemon. "Oh, and what are your names again? And your favorite color?"

Ash's Apprentice

The Entei Hunter!
    Years
  • Can I still join?
    Name:Shyugo Kisura
    Starter: Pikachu
    Appearance:He has emerald eyes,really spiky black hair,and usually wears a black T-shirt&blue jeans
    Personality:A hard headed,loyal,kind and a really brave person
    History:He was a Kanto league champion.with many strong Pokemons but decided to do a new journey in Hoenn

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • Count me in too!

Name: Maya Nijiiro
    Starter: Torchic
    Appearance: about 5'3', medium length brown hair, green eyes; usually wears a tie-dye T-shirt, jeans, and black shoes.
    Personality: At first glance, Maya is very friendly and laid back, but put her in the arena and she's a very fierce and strategic battler.

Years
  • Name:Anome Awakaru
    Starter: Ponyta (has white and gray flames; nicknamed Dragonfly)
    Appearance: (this will have to do until I finish my actual pic. *sighs*)
    94c3f09c.png

Personality: Mood swingy, caring, sweet, friendly(most of the time), fun, crazy sometimes
    History: Is described in sig

Last edited:

Hazy Aurora

Love thy Suicune. OwO
    Years
  • Name: Rubianna Elise Trundelle Nickname: Ruby, Ruu, Anna, Nia

Starter:

Name: Subeta
    Pokemon: Poochyena
    Personality: A friendly, warm personality. Easily makes friends, very inquisitive. But soon into the Journey, she hits a stone, and her friendly temprement freezes only for Rubianna, and she's cold to everyone but her team-mates and owner; and selected friends of her owner.
    Description: A light goldish pelt, with wide, ice blue eyes and a narrow snout. Her hair tufts cutely over her eyes, and she has petite paws. People often describe to her as a 'Shiney' Pokemon, or a 'Different'. She wears a small navy collar around her neck, which is mostly covered by fur, but identify's her to be Rubianna's.
    History: Was a tiny pup when Rubianna recieved her as her starter. She's an oddball, and interests in anything.
    Other: None.

Description: Light red hair, with golden sparks running through it. Bright deep sky blue eyes, with an innocent gaze, hiding her inner intelligence. She wears a large blue trenchcoat, with lots of hidden pockets. She has baggy jeans, with faded knees, and hiking boots, and her wild reddish hair is contained slightly with a white strip of cloth. She wears two sweatbands; one on each wrist. She stands at almost 5'0, quite tall for her age. She has a funloving face, but it contains inner seriousness.

Personality: Light, and airy. She's extrodonairily intelligent, and can process any situation clearly and easily. She's strongminded, and not afraid to show it. You can rarely bend her will to suit your own. She'll most likely be at the head of the group, holding the map. She's quiet, unless her skills are to be of some use. People often mistake her for being a shy, easy to influence girl. They're sure wrong.

History: To be revealed later.

Spirit's Fire

The Umbreon Master
    Years
  • I just have to. ^.^

Name: Gabe
    Age: 17 [*whistles* Woke up late 6 years in a row. O_O At least he's not 19. :P]
    Starter: Charmander, nicknamed Ifrit
    Eyes: Dark blue, an unusual color for a Charmander
    Description: The flame on his tail is a silver - white color, as is the flame he spits for attacking.
    Personality: Ifrit is always trying to impress spectators, trainers, and Pokemon alike, and therefore tends to be accident - prone and clumsy, attempting to use attacks that a Charmander is not able to use. When severely angered, however, he goes into a sort of frenzy, his anger fueling his firepower to extremes.
    Appearance:
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 155 lbs
    Hair: Short and brown
    Eyes: Blue - green
    Clothing:
    Head: Glasses
    Torso: Plain white shirt under short sleeved navy blue dress shirt, black lucks bracelets on each wrist
    Lower body: Blue jeans, black sneakers
    Personality and misc.: He's a very dedicated trainer, focused very much on training his newly recieved or captured Pokemon. He's careful not to overwork them, and he gives them credit and praise for a new move learned, or defeating an opponent. Having missed his chance at a new Pokemon for a long time, he has studied relentlessly about Pokemon, and thus has knowledge far beyond his experience. He never gives up unless he is utterly defeated. He stands by his Pokemon and his friends at all times, though he tends to throw himself in harm's way for his friends' sake, sometimes enduring even powerful attacks from Pokemon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Char! Char! Char! Char!"

A lone Charmander stood outside a house, bouncing a ball on its tail. From inside the house, shouting could be heard.

"Dad! I'm leaving!"

The door of the house opened and a short-haired trainer, Gabriel, stepped out. He gave a quick wave to the Charmander, who batted the ball into the pond and dashed up to him, speaking in excitement. "Charmander, char!"

"Hey, Ifrit, you all ready to go?" Gabriel asked, patting the flame-tailed lizard on the head. The excited Charmander nodded and bounced up and down a little, causing Gabriel to chuckle softly. He pulled a Pokeball from his pocket and tapped the button on the front, making it expand in his hand. "Alright, Ifrit. Time to get in your Pokeball."

Ifrit coughed a ball of smoke at the Pokeball, engulfing it in a dark cloud, and shook his head. "Char, char!"

The trainer sighed and returned the Pokeball to his pocket, groaning and chiding the Charmander a little. "Alright, if you insist on staying out..." Gabriel shrugged and laughed, patting Ifrit on the head again. "Okay, then, let's get going, little guy."

He could see several trainers also heading out from town, as well as a few still getting prepared. With a smirk on his face, he made a beeline for the edge of town, the red fire Pokemon following close behind.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • I hope i won't be a drag.

Name: Jay
    Starter: Bulbasaur
    Appearance:Gray T-Shirt,Gray vest,Blue jeans,blue gloves with cut-off fingers,white shoes with black stripes on sides,brown hair and eyes, and a blue backpack
    Personality:Calm and Quiet yet Shy, quite helpful sometimes

Hope this is good?

Spirit's Fire

The Umbreon Master
    Years
  • [I'm certain you won't be a drag, Uzumaki_Naruto. :) ]

[...urge to write more...]

Gabe had just barely reach the edge of town, his red fire - lizard following closely behind, when his cell phone rang. The sound made Charmander suddenly jump and spit a small ball of fire in the general direction of the sound, which was unfortunately also the direction Gabriel was standing. With a yelp, Gabe jumped when the fireball hit him square in the backend, dropping the cellphone as he landed face - down in the grass.

Groaning, he fumbled on the ground for his cellphone, his face still buried in the grass. He clutched at a hard object a foot away and pulled it to his ear, pressing the On button and speaking in a muffled voice. "Hello?"

The voice of Professor Birch came from the phone. "Ahh, Gabriel. I was afraid you would already be immersed in your training."

Gabriel picked himself off the ground, brushing off his shirt and jeans while he spoke into the phone. "Heh, I would have been... if not for my Charmander suddenly spitting a fireball at my butt..." He shot a piercing glare to the red lizard nearby and continued. "What's up, Professor?"

"Well, your father called and informed me that you were leaving town today. I'd like you to make a quick stop by my lab. I have something for you."

"Uh... okay. I'll be right there. See ya soon, Professor."

With a soft click, Gabriel turned off the phone and shoved it into his back pocket. Beckoning for Ifrit to follow and briefly both chiding him for attacking his butt, and having incredible reflexes, he quickly ran to the nearby Pokemon lab, stopping at the door and pushing it open.

A rush of cold air met him as he stepped inside. Several trainers[NPCs, hehe] were inside, making conversation, while Professor Birch stood at the back, waving to him. Gabe made some quick 'Hello's to the other trainers, most of which were his friends, before heading to the back of the lab.

Birch spoke as Gabriel neared him. "Ah, Gabriel. I trust you weren't too far away to come here?"

"Nah, I was pretty close by. At the edge of town, actually... Ifrit here stopped me when my phone rang..." Gabe rubbed his backend painfully, which had a large char - mark on it from the fireball.

The Charmander had dashed up to Birch and was currently being petted. The Professor laughed amusedly at Gabriel, patting Ifrit on the head. "Hahaha! Well, at least you can't say Charmander is unreliable." Birch laughed a little more, then continued, his attentions now diverted towards a strange, oddly - shaped machine nearby. "If you'll come over near this machine, Gabriel..."

Gabe did as he was asked, Ifrit now returning to lurk near his legs. Birch spoke again, patting the side of the machine. "Can you guess what this is, Gabriel?"

Gabe bore a quizzical look at the odd machine, examining it a little before replying. "Uh... I dunno, it's... some kind of... teleporting machine?"

"Hah! Very good, Gabriel. That is precisely what this is. More accurately, this..." He beckoned to the machine, grinning. "...is a Pokemon transfer unit. It sends Pokemon through cyberspace to any destination that has a machine just like this. Watch closely, because I'm expecting a transfer any minute now."

[I'll stop here, for the sake of other people posting. Feel free to coincidentally join in on this. ^.^]

Zeos

Forever A trainer! Always!
    Years
  • Can I still Join?
    Name: Rare..

Starter: Pichu ( can I have one? Its still basic....)
    Appearance:Brown hair with a vest ( Imagine ash with some scars on his face and brown eyes)
    Personality: Crazy
    History: Just a trainer....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back