• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Eris Emerald (v0.3.1)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    ArdxloZ.png

v0.3.1 Beta

About the Hack
    Eris Emerald is a randomizer decomp hack with added extra content and quality of life features to help increase replayability.

A feature unique to this hack is the ability to randomize the types of individual Pokémon based on their personality value—not just by species, like other hacks or randomizer tools. This means that, for example, you could have a full team of Ludicolo all with different types. Their colors and learnsets will also change to match the new type where implemented for that Pokémon.

As of v0.3.1, all Pokémon that are available in the base game and all starters have had their type-based color shifting implemented. (Currently at 498 species/forms)

Features
    • 227 Pokémon in Regional Dex. Most all Pokémon/moves/abilities from Gens 1-8 available through randomizing.
    • Physical/Special split
    • Choose randomizer settings at start of game (Types, Abilities, Moves, Wild encounters, Trainer teams, Starters)
      • Set a randomizer seed to play races against friends
      • Limit randomized species by similar stats only or by whether type-based color shifting has been implemented
    • Challenge mode options (Stronger opponents, Level Cap, No EXP until battle won)
    • Mass Outbreaks (Pulls from encounter tables, increased shiny odds, random egg move, 50% chance hidden ability, multiple per day)
      • 8% chance of rare outbreak of Pokémon not normally obtainable in the wild (includes starters)
      • Multiple outbreaks per day
      • Location visible on map
      • Species/Location/Levels based on number of badges (unlocks after third Gym)
    • Slate System from BDSP (post game)
    • Mystery Gift tickets obtainable post game
    • More postgame encounters/battles
    • Re-usable TMs
    • HMs/Field Moves can be used without being taught
    • Gen 6 EXP. Share
    • Linking Cord item instead of trade evolutions
    • Thief puts items straight into bag in wild battles
    • Battle music from DPPt/HGSS/BW
    • ...and more!

Screenshots
    REL1xoP.png
    2jHAQa4.png

tojixie.png

Credits
    Spoiler:

Links
    Download: Eris Emerald v0.3.1
    • Documentation: Link
    • Release Date: July 23th, 2022
    Spoiler: Changes

• Palette shifting implemented for 87 more Pokemon/forms
    • Type-randomized Pokemon can now learn any TM of a matching type
    • Learnsets updated with more moves to match randomized types
    • Trainer teams with custom moves now properly match randomized typings
    • Fixed Pure Random for Type randomization
    • Fixed Static wild Pokemon species not being randomized
    • Fixed some randomized type combinations not learning HMs that they should
    Older Versions
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs
    Spoiler:

FAQs
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Thanks all! I just updated the documentation as well with a link to spoiler documentation that includes info about the updated teams for Challenge Mode.

Years
  • This is such a fun hack, I just love getting whacky Pokemon types and movesets, really well done! I hope eventually more and more Pokemon will get palette color stuff since that makes it even more fun!

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Hey, this looks really nice. I've tried it out, and some of the mons don't really have randomized movepools, while others do. Bagon for example always have rage and ember, but Giratina changes, for example. How does it work?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    The type and color randomizer is awesome ! I'm playing it right now.
    Do you have any discord ?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Really want to try this, patching to a clean rom ends up with a white screen after title screen, help?

Edit 1: Playing with MyBoy on Android, and patched using online patcher.

Edit 2: Used trashman emerald rom and both 0.3.0 and 0.3.1

Edit 3: Pizza Boy worked, thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    **Updated to v0.3.1 which includes some bug fixes, improvements, and palette shifting/type-based learnests for more Pokemon!

This is such a fun hack, I just love getting whacky Pokemon types and movesets, really well done! I hope eventually more and more Pokemon will get palette color stuff since that makes it even more fun!
    Thank you, I appreciate it! There's still a lot left, but I'm hoping to at least make some progress with the palette-shifting with each update.

Hey, this looks really nice. I've tried it out, and some of the mons don't really have randomized movepools, while others do. Bagon for example always have rage and ember, but Giratina changes, for example. How does it work?
    Thank you! I'm still working on the type-matched movepools, as I have to do them all manually. I didn't want the type-based movepools to be too chaotic, so I go through each Pokemon and find a thematic match for each move (i.e. a Scyther's X-Scissor would be replaced with another blade-like move to match it's new type. This prevents things like Pokemon without feet learning Blaze Kick)

The type and color randomizer is awesome ! I'm playing it right now.
    Do you have any discord ?
    Thank you! Not currently, but maybe in the future when I'm not as busy with life

Really want to try this, patching to a clean rom ends up with a white screen after title screen, help?

Playing with MyBoy on Android, and patched using online patcher.
    I've had a lot of people have that same issue with MyBoy. It's not a super accurate emulator and supposedly has issues with ROMs that make certain changes to the save file.
    Try PizzaBoy, that seems to work well
    EDIT: Typos.

Last edited:

papakankri

literally just a guy
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    Having a great time so far! Not sure if this has been reported , but when picking the 1 - 1 type randomization option, Centiskorch is only randomizing as a monotype instead of a dual type as it should be.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen today
    Had a crash and thought I should report it. On the 3rd trainer in the game (excluding May), I used a Ditto (Fighting) to transform into an enemy's Black Bonsly. The Bonsly had Fake Tears and Copycat. We both used Copycat several times, (resulting in Fake Tears being used) then I switched out to a Pichu (Water) and killed it with Water Gun. At this point the game jumbled up and froze and the audio started screeching. I reloaded the save and beat Bonsly without using Transform, and it didn't crash that time and I haven't had any other crashes since.

I am playing on a 3DS VC inject, and my randomizer settings are all the recommended ones in the documentation (plus Per Trainer for trainer randomization), all challenge mode options off.

Years
  • i have tried several emerald roms, they all start normanly and when i go to set the clock it gets a green scren and the game freezes, what can i do?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Having a great time so far! Not sure if this has been reported , but when picking the 1 - 1 type randomization option, Centiskorch is only randomizing as a monotype instead of a dual type as it should be.
    Thanks! Was this happening with all Centiskorch, or just one? Dual-type Pokemon will still have a chance of being mono-type if the first and second type happen to be the same.

Had a crash and thought I should report it. On the 3rd trainer in the game (excluding May), I used a Ditto (Fighting) to transform into an enemy's Black Bonsly. The Bonsly had Fake Tears and Copycat. We both used Copycat several times, (resulting in Fake Tears being used) then I switched out to a Pichu (Water) and killed it with Water Gun. At this point the game jumbled up and froze and the audio started screeching. I reloaded the save and beat Bonsly without using Transform, and it didn't crash that time and I haven't had any other crashes since.

I am playing on a 3DS VC inject, and my randomizer settings are all the recommended ones in the documentation (plus Per Trainer for trainer randomization), all challenge mode options off.
    Thank you, I'll have to look into that.

I This game does not work on myboy
    Yeah, My Boy isn't a very accurate emulator, so lots of Rom Hacks will have issues with it. If you're on Android, try Pizza Boy.

i have tried several emerald roms, they all start normanly and when i go to set the clock it gets a green scren and the game freezes, what can i do?
    This is a common problem when using an incompatible emulator. Try Pizza Boy if you're on Android or mGBA if you're on a computer.

Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Jul 14, 2023
    Not going to lie, I made an account to specifically comment on this hack. This hack rules with encounter variety and some of the ideas presented are really cool! Though, I have some criticisms I'd like to offer, as well as some ideas I think could be cool, take these all with a grain of salt:

While it is faithful to the main game, waiting until Gym 6 for Fly is way too long, especially with the treks needed to Lavaridge and Fortree. (I know this is an opinion and not an objective flaw)

This one's really specific, but I feel like Cascoon is way more common than Silcoon, even in a randomizer. I have Randomize by Area on, and I've found Cascoon on at least three routes and not a single Silcoon.

It would be really nice to have some mechanics similar to Inclement Emerald, such as Move Tutor in the Pokemon Center, as well as unlockable moves based on badge. With movesets not being super diverse (My Water-Psychic Dedenne has yet to learn a Psychic move that isn't Confusion at level 42, and my level 45 bug-fighting Crawdaunt has learned more Dark moves than Fighting), it would be nice to have greater move diversity.

EDIT: Some late-game way to change natures would also be really cool. While this isn't necessarily a difficulty hack, with all the random elements in a typical run, it can be disappointing to find the type you're looking for, only for it to be a Modest physical attacker.

With all these said though, this hack still fr**king rocks. Keep up the awesome work!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    i've been having fun with this over the last few weeks, trying to nuzlocke it only to get sidetracked irl and having to restart after not playing for a while. got a quick question on how cosmeom evolves as in main line games it's based on the version you're playing. was wondering how it evolves here

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen yesterday
    hi, really interested in your game, just curious, what do you mean by species when you mention it in the documentation

Back