• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] OK Mon: Adequate Version [The One with the Hand-Drawn Pokémon] (Now Updated!)

EndlessBeat

Professionally Unprofessional
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023

Made with RPG Maker XP on Pokémon Essentials v20
    Hey, how's it going?
    Welcome to the most something Pokémon game you'll ever play, probably. I'm EndlessBeat, and this is OK Mon: Adequate Version!

Region
    Spoiler:

Story
    Spoiler:

Unique Features
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gk2dbqp5qnwki3/OK Mon Adequate Version v20 (v1.1.1).zip?dl=0

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/OkMonGameDev

Change Log
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I'm sorry, but by any chance, were you inspired by Cartoon Network cartoons when drawing your mons? I noticed a few artstyle references within certain mons such as Abra looking like it was drawn by that guy who made "Pokemon Battle Royale" and then it evolves into Alakazam who's drawn similar to The Fairly Oddparents, then Scientist NPCs clearly being a Dexter reference. There are many clues that tell me you were inspired by Cartoon Network shows for this, and am I right?

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I'm sorry, but by any chance, were you inspired by Cartoon Network cartoons when drawing your mons? I noticed a few artstyle references within certain mons such as Abra looking like it was drawn by that guy who made "Pokemon Battle Royale" and then it evolves into Alakazam who's drawn similar to The Fairly Oddparents, then Scientist NPCs clearly being a Dexter reference. There are many clues that tell me you were inspired by Cartoon Network shows for this, and am I right?

You are correct! A few of my drawings did indeed take inspiration from other cartoons.
    Spoiler:
    Drawing all the Pokémon and trainers from scratch definitely took the longest time to do, but it was also one of the most fun parts of making the game. 😆

Last edited:

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Version 1.0.3 of OK Mon: Adequate Version is out! In this update, plenty of Pokémon that had weird transparency issues like Pinsir, Munchlax, and Vanillish got fixed. Originally, it was impossible to get any encounters inside Circasio Power Plant except through Rock Smash and Sweet Scent. That has been fixed, and you can now catch the Voltorb, Klink, and Beldum line naturally!

Years
    • Age 49
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    having trouble downloading the game. gets almost all the way done then get server error. is there another way to download the game.

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    having trouble downloading the game. gets almost all the way done then get server error. is there another way to download the game.

Just checked, and it downloads fine for me. Try again right now and see if you get the same error. Unfortunately, I don't have another download method at the moment. I might add more download methods in the future if this becomes a common issue. Sorry about that.

Years
    • Age 49
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    got the game to download now i need to get surf but the lady wont give it to me

ChungusLord

Banned
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    This is certainly one of the fangames of all time! I liked the part where the protagonist says "It's something time" and prepared to do a thing all over the bad guys.

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Here are some helpful hints for any newcomers to this fan game!

Spoiler:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Most definitely going to give this a spin, i love how the Pokemon designs don't take themslves super seriously like other fangames/official games. They are kind of endearing to look at actually ~

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Most definitely going to give this a spin, i love how the Pokemon designs don't take themslves super seriously like other fangames/official games. They are kind of endearing to look at actually ~

Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for lol

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • N/A
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    I fell in love just by seeing the screenshots. This game looks so charming. Time to play, thank you so-so much for it=3
    EDIT: I've played it yesterday and I am having a blast. It is such a unique experience. Yes, there are so many cool sprites and fakemon artists, but these lil fellas are so adorable and goofy.

Last edited:

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I fell in love just by seeing the screenshots. This game looks so charming. Time to play, thank you so-so much for it=3
    EDIT: I've played it yesterday and I am having a blast. It is such a unique experience. Yes, there are so many cool sprites and fakemon artists, but these lil fellas are so adorable and goofy.

Aw man, that's so nice to hear (read). So glad you're enjoying it! :)

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Heads up! There's a huge update coming for OK Mon: Adequate Version in the near future. This may be the last major update to the game, but I'll make sure it's a good one!

EndlessBeat

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    The biggest update to OK Mon: Adequate Version yet is finally here! This time, plenty of new features were added to make the game even more fun!
    Spoiler:

If you want to see who did what, you can check the newly updated 'Credits' section in the game's post.

Back