• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Rules [Re-made]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What is an RPG?

Well the easiest way to describe an RPG is a sort of story/ Fan fiction which is made by multiple members. You take the role of your own character and create a sort of story following a plot given to you by the Game Master (The starter of the RPG) your characters developed through the game and interact with each other to make one big Fan fiction. This is the best way to describe an RPG.

RPG sections:

Pokemon RPG
The above is for Pokemon RPG�s only; no other RPG�s can be placed there.

Other RPG
The above is for any non Pokemon related RPG�s�so anything else apart from Pokemon RPG�s can be placed there.

RPG Lounge

The above is where all discussion (for both �Pokemon Roleplay� and �Other Roleplay�) goes. Here you can make threads that discuss a certain RPG, ask for help, or post ideas in the �Drawing board thread�

RPG Plot

Like any fan fiction, you have to have an idea before you can make the story, and this is exactly what a plot is. A plot is a sort of idea given to the members so as they can build on it. Without a plot you cannot produce an RPG. For example, at the start of a game or some stories, you normally have a Prologue or summery of what the game or book is about, this is a plot.

Three main things are needed in a plot:

Originality: Which will draw members to the RPG, the last thing you want to do is a have a plot about a bunch of trainers going on a journey as you would see in the Pokemon Anime, no, you want a good story with a few plot twists. We are not stopping you from starting a Trainer RP, but it would be an idea to add a few plot twists and some adventure, this is what draws members to your RPG.

Detail: Description, History and emotions all come into the detail of a Plot; with out detail the plot will have no feel and therefore not attract members. Were not saying it has to be a 14 page essay, but make it more than 4 lines and add some description into it to allow members to have the idea of what the plot is about.

Interest: Originality and Detail all come into the interest of the plot. You want to draw members to the RPG so make it interesting by adding a few plot twists and furthermore, just making up your own story.

So that�s pretty much what a plot needs, but this is only the beginning, following the plot, you need a sign up sheet, which normally consist of the following:

Name: (The name of your character)
Description: (What your character looks like)
Personality: (How your characters acts alone and with others)
History: (A small History of your characters life)
Other: (Anything else you may wish to add)
RPG sample: (A sample of your RPGing skills)

This is your original sign up sheet, but then again, we are not stopping you from adding other such things like:
Pokemon:
Weapon:

And other such things you may wish to add to the sign up sheet, this could be for, humans, Pokemon, Animals and other beings.

The sign up sheet is like a test to prove that you are worthy to the Game Master, if your sign up does not look up to the game masters standards, then you may be asked to leave or perhaps edit, depending on the Game masters mood XD

Normally Description, Personality, History and RPG sample are asked to be 4 lines or more, so make sure to add a very descriptive piece for each section that the Game Master can get an idea of what your character is like.

Member posts

After you have been accepted into the RPG and the game master has deemed it to be started then you will have the opportunity to post. Unlike a Fan fiction, your RPG posts will be much shorter, say around 10 lines average normally, but we accept no less than 4 lines as there have been complaints of short posts.

Now like the Game Masters Plot you will be asked to describe surroundings and your characters emotions and actions. You will be given the chance to interact with your own characters and others characters.

REPORTING POSTS: If you encounter a Post which contains SPAM or a member that has been abusing the thread, then please use the Report Icon that can be found in the users Profile box to the left of the post, it can be found at the lower left corner. If it continues, Moderator�s PM links can be fond at the end of this post.

Rules

NO1: No plot, no RPG�follow the directions given above to give a decent plot and sign up sheet. If these demands are not met, then your RPG will be closed.

NO2: You should know by now that a members post is similar to a Fan fiction post, therefore it has to include good description of what your character is doing and such, one thing that is not aloud is Script posting, in which an example can be seen below:

Me: I know you!
You: Really!
Me *Nods* yeah!

XP�.that�s not really RPing if you didn�t already know�that�s a script that you use for Drama ^_^; If you want to use such things, I suggest you join a Drama club at your local theatre.
Also, we will have no: �U� and �2� to substitute proper words. You will use proper language whilst RPGing, not substituting it to make it easier for yourself.

Anyways:

NO3: SPAM, like the rest of the forums, SPAM is not aloud, this also includes too many OOC (Out of character) posts, it�s considered SPAM if used to many times. I suppose you could really count 1 line posts in an RPG SPAM as well, as it doesn�t really have description or much action in it x_x so keep this at a minimum, thank you much.

NO4: Character control: Character control is�well I wouldn�t say it�s not aloud, but you cannot take complete control of a person�s character without permission, to make this explanation easier, take a look below: (In these two examples, Kiara is my character and Lara is another member�s character)

The right way:

Kiara took hold of the Lara�s hand and made her way towards the exit hastily. The girl seemed to be in complete horror as a guard pounced at her from the side and grabbed hold of her leg, allowing her to trip and fall to the floor, she cried out aloud as the guard picked her up by the scruff of her jacket and took her away.

The wrong way:

Lara skipped down the road merrily and took a look at the toy that was on show in the window. She glanced at me with aqua blue eyes and pointed at it, yelling �Please buy me it, Kiara!� She then dashed into the shop in her moment of excitement and picked up a box that contained the Toy horse.

Taking control of another members character just a little is acceptable, but taking complete control of another members character is not, please look out for what you do with other members characters.

NO5: 1 paragraph per post: Yes, this rule is new to the RPG section, but it�s fair none the less. 1 line posts are not aloud any more, neither are 2 line posts, or 3 line posts. Why you ask? Well probably because you can�t tell much from a character from one line. So please, keep your posts at a paragraph minimum.

NO6: Stealing, this is top of the list on the naughty list unless you have permission from the original creator. Stealing RPG is like stealing a Fanfic or Fanart, it�s bad, when the RPG has been made by a member it is rightfully theirs and therefore you cannot steal it and use it without permission. So please if you like an RPG and want to start it at another forum or at the same forum and revive it, please PM the original game master.

NO7: Waiting for an RPG to start: Please, I�m begging you, don�t nag the game master on when the RPG will start, be patient as Game Masters may not be online or may no want to come on line at any particular moment, the RPG will start when it starts so please, do not nag with posts such as:

�Can we start now!� or �When will this RPG start!�

Because it�s�.well rude XP

NO8: Advertising: As the rest of the board, advertising forums is not aloud. So if you have an off forum RPG please, do not post it here as it will be deleted.

NO9: Have fun! There really aren�t that many rules, just mostly common sense and following the Forum rules, everything that applies to the forum applies here so keep that in mind and just have fun ^_-
Moderators!

I know you love us really even though we give you rules to read XD, but any way, if you need any help at all, contact either myself or Daiaki/ Yukito at the following links:

Ookami

Kurosaki (Not an RPG mod, but he use to be and has more power than me XD)

Just have fun dudes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back